Raising the Bar (Level Limit Increase for Future Members)

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

What should be the new level limit?

Poll ended at Thu May 18, 2006 3:44 pm

Level 68
33%
Level 70
67%

Total votes : 43

Raising the Bar (Level Limit Increase for Future Members)

Postby bill » Thu May 11, 2006 3:44 pm

In the High-jump that is applying to Tribal Fury, we've been debating lots of aspects of the flow of people in and out of the guild and causes and just about anything you can think of. Lots.

After much table-slamming and gnashing of teeth, we've come to the decision that partly based on the notion that the next expansion will bring us to Level 75, and that most useful spells are lvl 68+, a level 65 app just isn't what it used to be and we have a GREAT group of ppl as it is.

I am the last person to want to exclude people, but sometimes to keep balance we need to do things like this. It has been a long time since we moved the limit up to 65.

Now before June hits and Summer goes into full swing, I think this is the optimal time to tighten our belts.

All that having been said, the debate here is where to put the bar, how much higher should we go?

The officers were torn between 2 choices, so I bring them to you all to make the final decision.

If you do not wish to vote for either of the above, please post a write-in.

If you feel strongly about keepin' the limit where it presently is, please let us know in the form of a write-in.

This poll has 7 days before the decision can be determined, please urge your fellow guildies to get involved and vote!!!
bill

Postby Uilea » Thu May 11, 2006 4:40 pm

most useful spells are lvl 68+

What would you think of making a short, basic list of required spells/AA per class? I agree that the useful spells are mostly 68+ now, but if we're going to partialy raise the level because of them then it makes sense to require them for apping too.
Uilea

Postby Eubedyen » Thu May 11, 2006 4:44 pm

Uilea wrote:
most useful spells are lvl 68+

What would you think of making a short, basic list of required spells/AA per class?

I brought that up a while ago to iirc.And i still agree 100% Esp now adays when u need certain AA's for raids....Ie.../pethold..(nothing against those in TF that done use it or have it yet).
Eubedyen

well

Postby bill » Thu May 11, 2006 4:57 pm

Baby steps guys n gals, baby steps.

As for pet hold, my rule for Rae is no pets on raids until she has pet hold. No problems. Shit, it isn't like pet hold is any guarantee I still get hosed by not pressing it in time sometimes.

Hail last run at Quarm, look at your log you will see "Fuck!"

lol
bill

Postby Uilea » Thu May 11, 2006 5:03 pm

Yeah, that's why I suggested a real basic list. Seems like they should go hand in hand but I understand how just raising the level is a big enough shock as is.
Uilea

Postby Ceruis » Thu May 11, 2006 6:57 pm

I don't think a basic list of AAs/Spells is necessary because we already have a screening process that works pretty well without being overly complicated. I would wait on a lvl increase until we are closer to the next expansion. However, if I had to chose it would be 68 because a toon can wear or is close enough to wear most DoDh gear.
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Postby Bluesflameangel » Thu May 11, 2006 11:29 pm

Here is my 2 cents ( which dont mean much )

I personally frown on the level being raised at all. This is not a required raiding guild and shouldn't raise the bar more than it already is.

I dont feel we should require more. I honestly feel this would be the start of something much larger. What next they must be fully pop flagged, then they must be time, KT and Qvic flagged? Where does it stop???? Must have 500 plus AA's? Must have 8k mana pool and 10k unbuffed??

I feel 65 is high enough for the apps.

Okay I am off my soap box now (=
[url=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1235032]Bluesflameangel - 75 Paladin

Image[/url]
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Bluesflameangel

Postby Baromen » Thu May 11, 2006 11:33 pm

Good move bringing this up. It would be nice to see everyone at 70 on our raids. It's only that much better we'll do.

:punch: <--click me-->:-({|=
Baromen
Lurker

Postby Bluesflameangel » Thu May 11, 2006 11:37 pm

Aye yes lets talk about what it would be nice to see on our raids. It would be nice to see people listen, it would be nice to see people pay attention, it would be nice if people wouldnt gank agro.

Alot of things would be nice to have on our raids. I dont see why someone who isnt 68 they shouldnt be allowed to become a part of our family.
[url=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1235032]Bluesflameangel - 75 Paladin

Image[/url]
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Bluesflameangel

Postby Baromen » Thu May 11, 2006 11:43 pm

yeah, well, I'd rather have better geared 70s not listening than lesser geared 65s if you want to say that asshattery is a constant :thumbup

Baromen
Lurker

Postby Baromen » Thu May 11, 2006 11:45 pm

Bluesflameangel wrote:it would be nice if people wouldnt gank agro.

QUOTED FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111uno :finger :guitar :thumbup :stupid

Baromen
Lurker

Postby Bluesflameangel » Thu May 11, 2006 11:49 pm

I am simpy stating my opinion and it is that we should not raise the level.

I think there should be a 65 up there with the other levels as well to be picked from.

Image[/url]
Bluesflameangel

Postby EQIsenhart » Fri May 12, 2006 12:01 am

actually baromen, I'd rather have everyone 65's and no asshats or people who don't listen or people who can play their class well. :love
EQIsenhart

Highscores: 2

Postby Xanaii » Fri May 12, 2006 12:24 am

Being 65 or being 70 right at this point where TF is at right now is of no concern. Guilds were doing this AT 65, period, the stuff we are doing now, and succeeding greatly. And being 70 doesn't mean you play any better and doesn't mean a raid will go better.

Being 70 means you're going to play better in a group if you're a melee, and if you're a caster, only if you have your decent spells, some of which CAN'T be gotten unless you're in a guild like this, and look around Maelin. We're like the last of the breed here, everyones turning into the hardcore nasties. The lvl 65's need guilds like us, who are willing to help them, otherwise they got no one basically imo. I know this from pure experience. I am 70 and haven't been able to get a chance to get any of the 69 or 70 spells because I haven't been in that sort of guild in a long long time, and plus we're server transfers from Terris-Thule and also just came back from retirement from almost 1 1/2 years. So we know no one to help with these things on top of it all.

And it can be the same for many many others. Like this cleric who would be nice to have in our guild, Rezjo. If he doesn't get with us, what's he going to do? It's going to kind of suck for him because the demands of other guilds are pretty high, NO one who is doing what we are doing would give him the slightest chance or look, that we have given him.

This is why me and Xera picked you guys over any others, even though 2 other guilds who i won't mention WANTED sk's and enchanters. Blue has it in my opinion though I don't think Drannor would ever let it go to as far as all those 'bars' mentioned hehe. I think this is a good poll. But honestly I don't think it makes a difference for us personally until we start doing Anguish, Dreadspire and so on type of things, which we ARE leading up to. But not right this second, yes?

So after I said all that :jester <~dummy~> I voted to raise the cap to 70 without thinking. Then scrolling down and seeing Blues post opened my eyes a bit to the logic, which is usualy a constant in my mind, but hey it's late. So if you could take away my vote please I would appreciate it. Thank you =)
"Back in the old days we had to run around Shady Swashbuckler in cloth armor, barefooted, being trained both ways, to max our Sense Heading."

Hope Guides Us. Pain Binds Us. Truth Reminds Us.
Xanaii

Postby EQIsenhart » Fri May 12, 2006 12:30 am

Actually Xanaii, guilds weren't doing Trial of Hate at 65. Uqua yes, but even those guilds were hardcore raiding and every single person was geared to just about the max they had to offer. Some of our members are still pretty lacking in that department. Without being hardcore, it's hard to stick to any set of strictness, there needs to be a little bit no doubt. Raising the requirement to 70 may be a step in the right direction, it might not. It doesn't effect anyone currently in the guild, and it doesn't effect the real life family invite system. So I don't see the 70 level req being a huge change, however, we will have to see. I think with the upcoming rumors of level cap of 75 this may be a wise decision. Just sit back and smell the roses folks, the summer months are waiting.
EQIsenhart

Highscores: 2

Next

Return to Guild Policies