Discussion topic: Should DoN progression pieces be DKP'd

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

Discussion topic: Should DoN progression pieces be DKP'd

Postby Azzenkar Emberune » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:45 am

Straight and to the point: Should Don progression drops be DKP awarded or should they be considered drops to be /ran or outright awared to peeps.

point of example or note: /ran was used to award the insignias for emp key, how is this different? Both items allow you to see further progress and content of the game.

This is something that will be considered by the officers to form future policy so honest feedback is needed. Keep in mind our current policies reguarding dkp and loot. What do you people honestly think is the most fair way to handle this?

Azzy
Azzenkar Emberune

Postby Krysstian » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:04 am

Yes, pieces should be dkp'ed. It's a fair way of distribution that no one can argue with, unlike a god loot system where cries nepotism or favoritism can easily be claimed. TF is not a god loot guild. Those that work hard for the guild earn more dkp. By dkp'ing the drops, those that have worked the hardest for TF can choose what that progression will cost by deciding how much they are willing to spend. Progression in this case is roughly +150ish hps/mana plus a level 69 spell that can only be gotten through the Emoush piece. If there was an item that dropped that was an automatic +150 hp/mana upgrade, how high do you think the bidding on it would go? Even if the loot pieces were outright awarded to people, what do you think would be the considering factor? Who actually needs the piece, and Raid attendance comes to mind. If you want to god loot the progression pieces, go to lavastorm and form your own raid outside of the guild's alotted raid schedule.

The difference between "farming" insignias and winning the progression pieces for Emoush lies in that word "farming". There's no shortage of insignias. We stay until everyone that needed one has one. Having people roll on them is an easy way to form some sort of order to the process and keep track of who still needs one.

I realize that not all people can make every raid to earn dkp due to work or real life issues. I understand. But those people that do make every raid give up things like a social life on Friday and Saturday nights, or give up some sleep to get some fellow guildies flagged on a weeknight. All because they love this game and want to see more of it and they want to see more of it with YOU. Dkp is their reward for always being able to be there to help the guild grow and progress.

Regardless, consider yourself lucky that you didn't blow 40 dkp on this first Emoush win. It looks like people are finally interested in working on DoN progression. Maybe we can actually get the people to show up to it when it's scheduled. When next we win an Emoush hit, I have a feeling the pieces will go for substantially less than what they did last week.
Krysstian

Postby Ranjaling » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:24 am

Krysstian wrote:Progression in this case is roughly +150ish hps/mana plus a level 69 spell that can only be gotten through the Emoush piece.

That alone would seem enough to justify DKP bidding on the progression drops.

I would say DoN progression drops would be better compared to something like Molds or Runes where as Insignias's are comparable, to say, a Jade Chokidai Prod.

Emoush is also a 3DKP event where sometimes Insignia farming, like PoS medallion farming, doesn't even get DKP awarded.

So long as the rules are laid down and agreed upon by all in the raid BEFORE the raid begins then perhaps it can be done different but by standard I have to agree with Kryss on this one.
Last edited by Ranjaling on Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Nintendo Wii Code - 1038 5611 2297 5641
XBOX Live Tag - XXGIBBYVAXX
Playstation Network - GIBBYVA
Ranjaling

Postby Erikochan » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:36 am

Checking who wants the drop and then deciding on attendance is an option, and a fair one at that - since the people who raid most often are rewarded for this. No dkp or randoms needed unless it's a tie percentage-wise.

Imo, loot and progression drops are 2 totally different worlds. Most progression drops will eventually be needed by everyone who raids ; no need to waste good dkp on what basically is : a key.

Although to defend the dkp bid thing - DoN is sort of an exception, since it also provides individual players with stat boosts, spells, and other beneficial effects applied to their characters.

Food for thought in any case :)
Erikochan

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:49 am

We always DKPed ST keys, so that some more precedent to add.

I vote for keeping it to dkp...eventually everyone will get the piece.....its just that the ppl that work the hardest for the guild will get it b4 the others.

heh unless your like me and waste all the dkp beforehand..and its the last frop u need to got to t3 :cry :cry
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Brikksx » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:58 am

Well when you can figure out how to get the whole guild on an Emoush raid instead of 24, then i will vote yes on the DKP needed for this raid!!

Brikksx
A Brother From A Different Mother

"If i am not back in five minutes, Just wait longer"
Brikksx
Officer

Highscores: 4

Postby Ranjaling » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:23 am

Brikksx wrote:Well when you can figure out how to get the whole guild on an Emoush raid instead of 24, then i will vote yes on the DKP needed for this raid!!

Brikksx

Does that mean you think dropped items from say Mujaki, etc, should be /ran or god looted too Brikksx? since they are 24max :?
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Nintendo Wii Code - 1038 5611 2297 5641
XBOX Live Tag - XXGIBBYVAXX
Playstation Network - GIBBYVA
Ranjaling

Postby Krysstian » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:33 am

I see your point, Brikksx, but that kind of locking out is a part of the game, not the guild. There's an average lvl on Emoush and we're a 60+ guild. GoD raids have caps of 24 and/or 52 people. That's a developer's prejudice, not ours :)
Krysstian

Postby Brikksx » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:25 am

Ranjaling wrote:
Brikksx wrote:Well when you can figure out how to get the whole guild on an Emoush raid instead of 24, then i will vote yes on the DKP needed for this raid!!

Brikksx

Does that mean you think dropped items from say Mujaki, etc, should be /ran or god looted too Brikksx? since they are 24max :?

Well no seeing's how we only do that encounter for the epic hit and we go there for a particular person! We don't do that on an Emoush hit.
Last edited by Brikksx on Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Brother From A Different Mother

"If i am not back in five minutes, Just wait longer"
Brikksx
Officer

Postby Ayragon » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:58 am

I think its ghey that you don't get 24 progression pieces....Lets go lay the smack down on SoE.
Ayragon

Postby Krysstian » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:48 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what the reasoning behind that is. Or the cap on GoD raids. Other than the obvious, they want to make as many people as possible utilize their content. /shrug.
Krysstian

Postby Ajaman » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:49 pm

tough call...I see both sides of the argument.

/ran on the progreesion drops would encourage full raids for the progression hits, although raid attendance even for people who already have the key/piece doesnt seem to be an issue with most TF (except maybe for frickin RZtZ, god I hate that encounter :finger ) but all kidding aside we should distribute the progression pieces in alphabetical order, and I don't say that because my name starts with an "A"...lol.

OK...enough nonsense, prolly the fairest way is if DKP is awarded for attending then DKP should be used to distribute the loot. Definately NOT God style.
Ajaman
73 Cleric
Prodigal Son
GIMP...eeerrr PIMP GEAR
Ajaman

Postby Serano » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:38 pm

Is Tribal Fury Right for You?

We want people that are looking for a new home in EQ, and are ready to help out and have some great fun! If you have a need for the best gear in game and quick access to the hardest zones in the game immediately, Tribal Fury is not right for you. We work hard not to bow down to stereotypes of what guilds are supposed to be like. We do it our way, have fun and give people an online home. We advance casually with no required play hours, attendance or items. The more you have in any of those will help out, though. The bottom line: The Tribe has fun, raids well and takes care of each other. If you want to find a home online while you play EverQuest, we might be it.

If you are currently in a guild we request you don't apply here until you have said your farewell to your old family. We are actively seeking people wishing to advance both themselves and the guild. Our minimum level is 60. If you are not quite level 60 and still think TF is the guild for you contact a Tribal Fury officer in game, anything is possible. We are a DKP based guild.

If we are on a locked 72 cap event (time) 52 peep event GoD/Omens or 24 peep event Emoush - we are still a dkp guild. If a raid is going to be pick up rules publish that before the loot drops = preferably before you ask for peeps to assemble.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

hmm

Postby bill » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:21 pm

Serano beat me to it.

if DKP is awarded for attending then DKP should be used to distribute the loot.

This is the precedent we as officers are working from. This situation was basically covered back then. Fairly simple.

DKP for ST keys, another example.

2 cases of precedent for DKPing the progression pieces. This debate is why we don't DKP pickup raids.
bill

Postby Nefra » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:24 pm

i personally would rather see /random on it. I feel that it would encourage more to be involved or take intrest in the progression even if they dont have a ton of dkp to spend on the progession piece. /shrug just my 2 cents.
Nefra

Next

Return to Guild Policies