Restricted biddig on a BoW

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

Restrict BoW bidding to warriors only?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes : 42

Restricted biddig on a BoW

Postby Jahras » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:04 pm

We're nearing Rallos, that means we're also getting close to seeing a Blade of War.

In order to best benefit the guild, we're looking at restricting the bidding on this weapon to warriors only - what do you guys think?

Warriors need agro to do their job, and they depend nearly solely on their weapon for it. Cursed hasn't given us a blood frenzy, and we've never droped AoW for a BoC, so our picks of hate weapons are slim.

Yes SKs and pallys need agro aswell, and this has a great ratio and stats for them, but they can generate more agro with a few quick spells.

There are a lot of arguments about the weapon, the fact it's two handed, or out dated with agro augs etc. But post what you think and/or vote to let the officers know what you think about it.
Jahras

Highscores: 2

Postby chawpchawp » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:46 pm

honestly i hope people see that this is the way it really should work, i just can't see a ranger/sk/pally with a REAL legitimate reason that they should get it over a warrior(at LEAST the top 2-3 in the guild, for MTing purposes because we rotate a lot) I know i've seen other classes with BoW's but only because its a trivial encounter for their guild, and their warriors have better. just my 2cp, but I know by talkin to peeps that several of the guilds who did this basically GaVE the weapon to their MT and down the line, even in a dkp guild.
chawpchawp

Bidding

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:48 pm

USEABLE CLASSES are who should bid on the item. That is the rules and it shouldn't be changed for any specific class/item at anytime. There is ALWAYS going to be items where one useable class can benifit more then another on a multi-class useable item. We can't pick and choose this stuff. Stick to the rules and everything will be fine.

At bidding you can always request non-warriors don't bid, but you can't demand it. If the class earned the points and can use the item, they deserve it as much as anybody else. Don't start trying to restrict things whenever you feel like it.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:01 pm

Don't start trying to restrict things whenever you feel like it

Goof, I see your point, but this sentance stands TOTALLY wrong SINCE this poll even exits.

If it was true, then we wouldnt even consider posting a poll.

Guys, do your research, talk to peeps and vote.

We want all of your input. Thanks~
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Wrong

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:06 pm

Nothing is totally wrong. I didn't say you were doing it. I gave my opinion on the subject. You shouldn't start restricting anything anytime you want, or even with a poll or anytime. The rules are in place for a reason. If you want to change the rules, work on that instead of choosing that sometimes we will go by the rules and sometimes we won't.

Warriors don't deserve anything anymore then any other useable class. That is like saying a knight/warrior item MUST go to the knight first because it has mana. Nobody should be in a position to decide who gets what when there are multiple classes who can bid on it. Keep it fair.
Last edited by Goofydoofy on Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby chawpchawp » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:09 pm

i will even say, i probably don't need one. Being as i'm not tanking very often in raid situations, i would not be one of the warriors that we would get this to. I'd happily see a regularly tanking hybrid get it over me, because that would make the guild better. I'd love to see agro locked and solid for our top warriors though, and this weapon is the best we'll see for a while at that.
chawpchawp

Postby Dealing » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:15 pm

I could see arguments on both sides on this. To tell you the truth up until recently we used a knight or sk over a warrior on most things anyway. Since we live by the addage of whoever is better equiped has the most hp/ac of anyclass is gonna be our flava of the week at tank we should allow all to bid.

on a sid note I for one would never use a 2hdr for aggo as I am a warrior I prefer 1hdrs. The hate I can generate with my 1hdrs > then a 2hdr. Another reason a pally or sk should get this is the off tank reason. as we move up we will need people that can get snap aggro and hold it till a fight is over ie a sk or pally.
Last edited by Dealing on Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dealing Withit
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Dealing

Postby konakor » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:15 pm

How many warriors would choose a two hander over 2 one handers as a means to keep agro? They are generally slower and the proc rate would be lower than having anger procs on both one handers. As for not getting Hategiver from Cursed, we havent done cursed in weeks, i doubt the Cursed mobs are gonna come to the guild hall so we can kill em. :) WTB more Ssra farming.
konakor

ok

Postby bill » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:17 pm

Jesus christ....I agree with Goofy.

If it was true, then we wouldnt even consider posting a poll.

We have held this poll before and it was decided we would not restrict items. So...this has come up before. There are ppl here that voted on this matter once already.

Our top MTing warriors won't *NEED* this weapon. So who cares where it goes as long as its a tank?
bill

Postby chawpchawp » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:19 pm

2hander BoW>any 1hander combo until time imo for agro/reduced ripostes on big baddies. with the slower delay comes increased proc rate, just ask the guys who AE with earthshaker and shammy slow. with weapon affinity maxed this thing is sickness for agro.
chawpchawp

Postby Conan » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:24 pm

WTB more cursed cycle :thumbup
Cimmerian Warrior 70 Winters
Clan Tribal Fury

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1161561
Conan

Postby Conan » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:39 pm

I think Jahras Idea is pretty kick ass--not because I wan't a blade of war I think I"m in the same camp as Dealing on this one as far as dual weilding for the time being. The reason I think it's kick ass is this and I know this is gonna open up a can of worms. We don't GOD loot(which I like because DKP isfair) and this I believe is one of a couple of factors why its going to take us forever to get anywhere. Our top tanks are 10kish right now which to me I"m pretty proud of but in the overall scheme of elemental ascension I think is pathetic. So no GOD looting = members(tanks) gettting upgrades periodically which = extremely slow uberness. The reason I like Jahras' idea is that he sees and piece of equipment that can possibly be a factor in the whole guild making progress but has the realistic potential of ending up in the hands of someone that won't necessarily use it all the time. This is the crux of the situation because I myself like the DKP system because it would suck to see awesome gear go to a fellow tank(one picked hypothetcially as the GOD recipient) that I raid just as often with--even though I'd know that his constant upgrading would lead to better gear for everyone quicker it would suck because aside from said individual I and the rest of the tanks(using tanks as an example) would always be second to his upgrades even though realistically for the sake of progression its smarter. I know thats not how we work I'm just pointing out that in a way its a little self crippling.
Cimmerian Warrior 70 Winters
Clan Tribal Fury

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1161561
Conan

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:44 pm

Riptose mobs anyone?

Tanks will get eaten by them swinging 2 one-handers around with less then 23 delay each. Sure pop out a FB3+ shield for a mini soultion. But still aggro goes down.

Thats where a $ 2hs comes in that can hold aggro.

Even if we have takend this poll b4, it was easily 6+ months ago.

/shrug.

Keep the votes comming. This is a good time and place to begin this poll and discussion even if its Deja vu for some of you :P
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

OOh $ conan

Postby bill » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:48 pm

You reminded me of something.

God looting/restricting items to certain players really stings when we lose those players.

God looting/restricting bids assumes the person isn't retiring tomorrow.

DKP-bought gear assumes this is the reward for past work.

We can't assume anyone can work in the future. This concept of giving things "only to the main tank" or "only to warriors" has screwed us in the past. Its gonna screw us again.

Is our progression really that slow? This is the fastest the guild has ever moved, who's to say it won't go faster?

Does restricting bids stop here? Is this the only item in EQ we are gonna consider this for, or is this bid more about changing policy to allow officers the ability to restrict what our members bid their DKP on?
bill

Postby Dealing » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:49 pm

every mob reposte's Zyzz so I really dont see that making a differance. the only time you would gain benifit is when the mob is enraged and then the tank turns attack off anyway. So this is really a moot point. I could care less one way or another all I know is you would not see me bid on this and I bid on alot of weapons. IMHO this would be better for the pally or sk TM'er
Dealing Withit
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Dealing

Next

Return to Guild Policies