DKP Tracked per Player or by Character?

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

DKP tracked per Player or by Character?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:31 pm

Yes, Track by the Character, not the Player
70%
No, Track by the Player, not by the Character
30%

Total votes : 30

Postby arielyn » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:48 pm

thats why this thread has been started. to allow alts to start to bid on gear, as more and more people have alts / mains that really which is which?

Perfect Example. Drannor / Waystin. Adle / Handso Goofy /sheep

all this does, is as more and more people get alts up to the level to raid , then they can accrue points with their new toons, instead of already having 150 pts to dump into a new toon, where the upgrade could have gone to a main.

IMO, anyone who has an alt, that earns enough points with their alt, to out bid a main deserves the item. Anyone who earned 200 pts with their main, and then brings an alt on a raid and uses those points to outbid a main, doesnt.

My Crappy Gear

www.worksinfaith.org
My Sister's non profit organization.
arielyn
Lurker

Bidding

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:40 pm

So now your suggesting that alts can bid against mains?
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Serano » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:47 am

alts have been allowed to bid against mains.

the policy says that if you are at the raid you can bid with the char you brought with the points earned by your collective chars excluding boxes.

new policy will allow the alts to bid just like always - but only with points that char earned vs the player. Then the peeps with warrior alts ( part time mains?) don't have to get tells from serano - "dude' that main tank you are bidding against REALLY needs blood frenzy sport.
Last edited by Serano on Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Ranjaling » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:56 am

He's saying alts shouldn't be able to use the mains dkp's to outbid others. If the alt had enough of its own "soulbound" dkp points, as serano termed it, to bid on items then he's saying thats ok.

I think the current method is great although IMO the soulbound version is better. I didn't fully understand the current method until waystin & serano explained it more.

How do you see this as being penalized goof? with the soulbound method you would actually be benefitting more than in the current system because your getting awarded points to both toons rather than only getting points to your main, regardless of how many ur boxing. Free dkp to your alt is great, so long as they are bound to that toon. If they aren't then boxers would be piling up like 200-300 points a month which others cant compete.

EDIT- He's saying alts could potentially bid against mains out of their "own" dkp pool. In essence there will be no more confusion on (alt/main) (can/can't bid) each participating toon is treated as a seperate player which eliminates all this headache caused to officers who have to ask after drops "mains present first.. then alts present... then mains not present... then forum bids". It becomes simply "all present... then forum bid"
Last edited by Ranjaling on Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Nintendo Wii Code - 1038 5611 2297 5641
XBOX Live Tag - XXGIBBYVAXX
Playstation Network - GIBBYVA
Ranjaling

DKP

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:55 am

Ah hell with it! I'm all confused now. LOL. I lost track. Whatever works for you is fine.
Goofydoofy

change

Postby Lemme » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:11 am

I dont really think a change is necessary. If someone earned those points, they should be able to spend them. If Serano cant talk them out of bidding for the item then we can always be somewhere else when that person wants to do an epic hit.
If the change does go through, what happens in the future when I decide to change my "main" to a different toon? Do I have to start all over earning points? Has all the effort I put into the guild with my old main just disappeared?
On the two box rule, I am a two boxer and I totally agree with the rule as it is now.
Lemme
Lemme

heh

Postby bill » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:22 am

OK Lemme you bring up and interesting point and here's how we see it:

Gearing up 5 "mains" is only counter productive to raiding. We don't want you to have 5 mains that we have to raid 5 times as many times to get the loot we need because instead of each player getting a loot from an encounter, we have some players getting multiples of some loot while others get nothing.

Would you rather have 2 Bloodfrenzy's at a raid or 1 present and 1 on an alt warrior that isn't logged in atm because their mage is present instead?

This forces a little more of a distribution of loot amongst our "raiders".

there will be no more confusion on (alt/main)

This is a great side effect that we have been trying to find a solution to for some time.
bill

point

Postby Lemme » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:34 am

I see that point. However if I do decide to change my main, Im just going to blow all my Lemme points on something that will end up just sitting on an alt and wont help the guild. Just playing devil's advocate here, no thought of changing mains.
Ideally I would love people to bid responsibly and with thought towards the guild as a whole. It is thier dkp though, and they have helped other people get upgrades, so I think they should be able to spend their points how they want.
Lemme
Lemme

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:48 am

It is thier dkp though, and they have helped other people get upgrades, so I think they should be able to spend their points how they want.

I think that the change that is winning this poll will create just that. This basically says, we track points by character, not player.

You want Milo to bid on that KEI Shawl from the EMP, its your call since its all the points that onle Milo has earned.

This will totally fix any debate or worry that we are restricting what you can bid on.

The only restriction is that you cannot share points. Lemme cannot share all his points and Milos points to bid 300DKP on the KEI shawl.

I box and think that the way we have it now makes the issue more difficult than it needs to be. This solves it.[/quote]
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Vikk » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:00 pm

I'm not suggesting we adopt the following policy, but this is something to think about:

Most raiding guilds frown upon DKPing alts. They do not allow DKP to accrue for an alt and do not allow alts to bid. All your DKP accrue on your main, even if you bring an alt. You are not allowed to bid on alt gear. Alts only get gear through rot and /random. You must declare a main. You can still switch mains but that process is somewhat controlled to avoid abuse. DKP stays with you when you switch.

This policy is kinda a little bit of both "character-bound" and "player-bound" but solves two problems:

1) Alts and boxes still get gear through rot and god looting and people can feel free to brings alts to raid for progression. Requiring someone to bring a certain toon to raid would be against our family guild guidelines.

2) Mains will be the beneficiary of all non-rot gear and this will ensure that the guild benefits from raids more efficiently. Technically, raid loots are the property of the guild and DKP doesn't represent some unrevokable entitlement for loots.

So basically, all players have 1 DKP account, you can accrue with any toon but can only spend it on your main. Alts can only /random for rot.
Vikk

Postby Ranjaling » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:10 pm

I agree with Zyz.

Lemme, if the points were combined then it would simply be to easy for people to get to a upgrade cap off point where, say, they have everything they could possibly want for there current main on EMP raids so they start attending thiese particular raids instead with an alt

For instance like a Vindi Raid, while Ranjaling wouldn't use anything he dropped, so i log in my warrior instead and raid vindi. Then, by your method I could spend ranjaling's DKP to bid on my warrior (Dyllan) a VindiBP. Same with if I instead played my monk in last nights raid. Should I be able to use Ranjalings earned DKP's for a Wristguard of Thunder for my monk (Straigh)? NO, IMO I shouldn't. If I want a Vindi BP on my warrior then I should have to earn the dkp's "with" my warrior.

By soulbinding the points it will make people think long and hard before switching main characters. Ping Ponging mains/alts should be discouraged but if all points are combined to one persons pool then this will eventually or continue to be happening. It will make it to easy and tempting for someone to decide to raid an alt instead of their main just becuase they have tons of dkp's and all upgrades for their main are done on that particular raid.
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Nintendo Wii Code - 1038 5611 2297 5641
XBOX Live Tag - XXGIBBYVAXX
Playstation Network - GIBBYVA
Ranjaling

Postby Conan » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:10 pm

I don't mind personally if alts get dkp as long as they can only spend the dkp from those particular toons ON those toons. If you think about it if someone rotates 2 alts while I stay on main whole time when I have 100pts he'll have 50/50 (roge/ranger for examp). What i think would be wrong is if he can spend 100 with either toon. If he wants to spend 50 of his rogue points on an item while on with his rogue thats fine by me. If he wants to spend 100 on his rogue using the other 50 from his ranger to me this blows. Some people swap alts per a raid i.e. Drannor/Waystin. Sometimes we can use the Warrior and sometimes we need nukage. We use both these toons enough that they need to be geared up fairly well(not just rot which is seldom and ghey loot). But what I'd hate to see is someone whose a cleric 6 days a week coming in with their 59 warrior alt they seldom use and dropping 200 clerik dkp to out bid me on bloodfrenzy to twink him out. If the warrior was an alt that raided those 200 points then it would be completely fair. DKP to the raiding toon not the account is what I say(minus boxes of course) *shrug*
Cimmerian Warrior 70 Winters
Clan Tribal Fury

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1161561
Conan

change

Postby Lemme » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:54 am

Good point Zyzzer. I dont really care either way, I just see no problems with the way it is now....but maybe thats because I dont get those tells saying its a problem.

I still think there should be some way to change mains as Vikk brought up. Change mains and not lose those old dkps that is. If I "change" my main every week, maybe I should be "asked" to leave the guild.

Would love this whole discussion to be moot because we all bid like adults and think about the good of the whole team.

Lemme
Lemme

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:01 am

Would love this whole discussion to be moot because we all bid like adults and think about the good of the whole team.

Lemme, thats the best line in this whole thread :P
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

DKP

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:48 am

Why not just leave it alone? We go thru this every 3 months. Or figure out how your going to do it and leave it alone? Change might be progress, but confusion is confusion. Although, debate is good!
Goofydoofy

PreviousNext

Return to Guild Policies