DKP Tracked per Player or by Character?

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

DKP tracked per Player or by Character?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:31 pm

Yes, Track by the Character, not the Player
70%
No, Track by the Player, not by the Character
30%

Total votes : 30

Postby Adlewiese » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:39 pm

Bahahahaha
Adlewiese VonTrapp - TFshaman
Adlewiese

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:43 pm

wtf ! where is the zyzz credit?

I started that derailment!
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

best line

Postby Lemme » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:27 am

Zyzzer, the problem is that it wont work. People dont think that I bid responsibly, but maybe thats because they have never played an SK. Or maybe I just play my SK differently than they do.

What about declaring a main - think Vikk mentioned that. Mains always get to bid on loot first. Exception - if you are asked to bring an alt, that is your main for this raid.

Lemme
Lemme

Rules

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:47 am

Lemme, that is how we currently do it. Except for the alt being a main thing. And I think this change makes any toon at the raid a main.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Serano » Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:17 pm

no it isn't. right now mains do not get loot priority over alts. isnt' in policy anywhere. I have sent tells to peeps that were playing alts and "requested" the oportunity for a main to get an item.

If we launch the new policy which has a 2/3 majority in the opinion here it will essentially be the same - with the exception that points are soul bound to the character regardless of which was asked to come to a raid.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby cexser » Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:55 pm

loots should go to mains that can use as upgrades unless a alt was asked to be used is a good way to go. i also think points should be by the toon and not the player. i would hate to see a upgrade go to someones alt just because their main has more points to bid on something then me....but then again they spent the time to get those points so in that sence the should be allowed to spend them however they like. jees got to suck for the person who has to make this decision!!
cexser

Alts

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:54 pm

So as it stands right now, alts can bid against mains? Mains don't currently have priority over alts when it comes to bidding for loot?
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Serano » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:34 pm

Goofy I know at one point you read our current policies when they were first posted. HEre is the excerpt you have forgotten about.

http://www.tribalfury.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3685

j) Points are awarded to the player and DKP is tracked by character. You may bid on items based on what points that toon earns or you can combine your total points from your various characters to bid on an item for whichever toon you have at the raid. Common sense would apply however, and twinking your obvious alt toon over a main that seriously needs an upgrade wouldn't be much of a benefit to the guild. The points are yours to spend on your toons as you best see fit.
k) Boxed chars are elligible to bid on loot with DKP earned by that character alone. No Boxed characters may trade points to or from their mains or other characters. For DKP purposes, a Boxed toon is one that is CURRENTLY being boxed by another player at that raid
l) boxed toons can bid on items on equal footing with the other raiders by whoever is currently boxing them if the real owner allows for this bidding.

This is the portion that would be ammended if the officers or Guild leader goes with our proposal given current feedback and internal discussion.

If we go with the soulbound point system it would look something like this

j) Points are awarded to the character and DKP is tracked by character. You may bid on items based on what points the character you are currently raiding with has banked. Common sense would apply however, and twinking your obvious alt toon over a main that seriously needs an upgrade wouldn't be much of a benefit to the guild. The points are yours however, to spend on your toons as you best see fit.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Previous

Return to Guild Policies