Bidding

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

Bidding

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:08 pm

Actually, closed bidding does work. It worked for this guild for over a year. And open bidding works too. Both have drawbacks and advantages. You just gotta weigh each and decide which is best. The biggest problem with open bidding is time. When we do raids where the loot needs to go and go right now, we are going to be screwed. One bid per person and highest wins within a 1 min period is the fastest. Open bidding takes more time, but is more fair in regards to spending your points.

Maybe we should do this:

On raids where the loot needs to move fast, we use closed bidding and move along.

On raids where the loot can take all night to give away, open bidding.
Last edited by Goofydoofy on Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

hmm

Postby bill » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:03 pm

I hate to say it but I'll take some blame for being slow. I put some effort to speeding up bidding a bit last night and I felt a difference tho the loot wasn't too much...it was enough where I felt a difference.

It sucks that I kinda have to ignore ppl that send me tells during the bidding process because I don't have the time to spend responding. THAT is part of why things take so long.

Not blaming it on tells, but tells contribute. Try to hold commentary of any kind until loot is finished up for me plz ;)

Not saying ppl can't speak, just saying don't send me tells about your bunions aching while I am running bids. =)
bill

Postby Conan » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:33 pm

With closed bidding explained in that manner it makes more sense. I like goofy's idea best though.
Cimmerian Warrior 70 Winters
Clan Tribal Fury

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1161561
Conan

Postby Serano » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:48 pm

I bid 3 pts.
You bid 20 pts because you really want the item.
We are the only 2 bidders.
Outcome is that you win the item and spend 4 points on it.

I proposed this as a tuning to closed bidding about the same time the desire to move to open bidding came up. but we went in favor of going open. When we were closed - the bid you made is what you spent - even if the next bid was only 2 or 3.

I dunno - maybe it is time for a poll - stick with open vs closed. if open carrys then we can have a 2nd poll - make time limits with open with a last 30 / 10 second call - SOLD. its an option.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Previous

Return to Guild Policies