Bidding

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

Bidding

Postby Uilea » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:19 am

As I'm sure everyone else has noticed, open bidding in guild chat seems to drag on forever. It wasn't so bad at first but it seems like when we come to an item a lot of people want, we spend ages watching people try to outbid by one point. Loot should not take 10 minutes to do, and hold raids up as much as it does.

I think at raids there should be a designated officer, or at least, someone with the dkp page open whom others will know ask about their dkp before bidding starts. In a perfect world everyone would know where they stand dkpwise before the raid starts, but I doubt this will happen.

Also.. can we have a time limit on bidding? Like after one minute whomever had the highest bid wins, and we move to the next item. One minute should be more than enough to figure out how many points you're willing to spend.

I'd love to hear other ideas and see something done about this, because this spending 5 minutes bidding crap is getting absurd. Let's just get the f'n loot done and move on to other things.
Last edited by Uilea on Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uilea

Postby nazar » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:28 am

Time limit would be a good idea..isay 2 minutes on each item.?
70 Mage on Vazealle (Everquest)
60 Warrior on Detheroc (World of Warcraft)
nazar

Postby wuupas. » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:48 am

i say on items we know are gonna go for more than 30 start bidding on 10 or something
wuupas.

Postby rsix » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:17 am

Setting different min. bids on decent items sure would help.
rsix

Postby phishn00 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:36 am

Higher mins would definitely be good, and larger increments on higher items as well. There is nothing more frustrating than seeing 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52.... etc, especially when there are more targets to come. Like increments of 5 at 25, and 10 at 50 or something like that, basically anything to speed things up a bit.
phishn00

bidding

Postby Lemme » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:27 am

Yes, either get the "going once, twice gone" going faster, or instead of an open bidding system, do a closed one. I didnt like it when it was first explained to me, but it did work well and went alot faster. Closed bidding involves sending the loot officer a tell with how many dkp you are willing to spend on the item. Then the highest bidder wins the item and the second highest bidder plus one cost.
Lemme

Postby arielyn » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:29 am

the way i bid when i see an item that i really want, i'll throw out a 15 or 20 pt bid right off the bat. i do agree that it needs to be sped up, however i really like this system more than the other way.

i am definately up for suggestions. a time limit might be a good idea, which would casue people to bid in higher intervals. lets get some input from all you guildies and see where this thread goes for a few days. then we'll make changes accordingly

My Crappy Gear

www.worksinfaith.org
My Sister's non profit organization.
arielyn
Lurker

Postby Ajaman » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:35 am

I think a time limit is the way to go rather than mandatory bid increments, some of us don't have 100DKP and can only afford a point at atime. Also a little courtesy, like when 2 people are bidding against each other and one of them desides to drop out, send the message you are out of the race.
Ajaman
73 Cleric
Prodigal Son
GIMP...eeerrr PIMP GEAR
Ajaman

Postby Uilea » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:03 pm

We used to have closed bidding Lemme. It sucked, was a huge dkp sink. I'd rather keep our open bidding system and have it streamlined a little than go back to that.

Setting minimum bids on items could work but it seems like it would wind up being more of a hassle than a help. Who will decide what each item is worth, and by what criteria? How would we adapt this to the numbers of players present who are interested in a drop?

I like Invi's idea of bid increments. I think that system + a time limit would work well. Forcing people to drop down more dkp, faster, would solve a lot of problems.
Uilea

Postby chawpchawp » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:29 pm

I also tend to drop a chunk of points on something that i know i want. For instance when I knew I was the only other person who could bid against Waystin for Hatebringer, I blew all my points on first bid, he put 1 over....end of bidding. Its not always that cut and dry, though, and I think a time limit on bidding, which would be stated.. "bids in /gu on <item> 2 mins and counting..." for instance. I think mandatory bid increments would be quicker but cause more bishing in the background, so rather than having to over and over again 1 2 sold the item, sorry times up, congrats <soandso>!

longest post ever :bluejump thanks for the topic lol
chawpchawp

Postby Bilnick » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:33 pm

I think minimum bid increments after a certian point would be a good idea. Any bid after 20 or 25 points should increment by 5 points minimum. You should be able to bid all of your points if you can't meet the next increment though (ie bid is 45, you have 47) Nothing is more frustrating than seeing a 30, 31, 35, 36 bid. Better loots are going to go for more points, so I don't see where spending 70 points instead of 68 will make a huge difference. It will only take 10-15 bids to get to 70 though incrementing by 5.
Bilnick
Officer

Loot

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:56 pm

All loots to Nistari for 1 DKP!
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby cexser » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:15 pm

i think by imposing the time frame on loots is a great way to go......it forces people to quit screwing around and bid all they said loot is worth. also i would start some sort of policy that makes people have to know how many dkp points that they have. we are all adults here and you can take the 2 mins prior to logging on to see where you stand point wise. by starting a policy that puts a time limit and making members knoww there current amount of dkp that would definately speed things up. as far as closed bidding i think that just sucks. there are some people in this guild that may not bid on a item becasue it wouldnt be that big of upgrade for the, but would be a huge upgrade to someone else who may not have enough points to win. i think thats things like that is what makes this guild a step above others in our willingness to upgrade those more in need then to make a few plat in bazaar. but what the hell do i know i go a raid maybe once a month!!!!
cexser

Postby nazar » Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:04 pm

i have a very good idea..some guilds do this too...say serano is doing the point thiny..he says ok now bidding on <uber item here> please /tell me witht he amount of dkp points u wish to wager...and just highest bidder wins..but i can see how this could maybe drain dkp a bunch..but its only fair and it is QUICK
70 Mage on Vazealle (Everquest)
60 Warrior on Detheroc (World of Warcraft)
nazar

Postby Uilea » Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:20 pm

Yeah, that's closed bidding Naz. And as I said before, it sucks.
Uilea

Next

Return to Guild Policies