Epic Loot Question

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

Postby Nagaash » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:34 pm

Well, this is definitely a hard issue to approach. Mainly because it is hard to determine exactly who is farthest along in their epic quest for the most part since epic quests are not as linear as most other quests.

It stands to reason that is how it should go though if that can be determined. Because, as in the example Serano gave, it is better for the guild to have one person who has completed their epic than to have three or four who have partially done it. While this may aggravate some people because they might keep getting put off for epic drops, ultimately it is best for the guild.

Another thing that makes it difficult is the fact that you never know who is actually going to be at the raid until it starts. Last night, for example, Jenka got a drop for his epic quest even though it had already been designated to go to Teennin. But since he did not attend, the drop was awarded to Jenka.

Unfortunately, I don't see any way that written policy can cover all the variables of this dilemma. Maybe it should just be handled on a raid by raid basis, where the issue of drops is discussed at length in the raid posting before the raid takes place. There could be discussion of favored ways of meting out the drops if they are contested, with final say of how they will be distributed going to the RL.
Lord Nagaash Tevesh'Szat
Warlock of the 61st Circle
----------------------------
"Smile with me, even if it is the smile of skulls and your skin peels away. Laugh with me, though your throats may choke with bile. For you are all my puppets, and I shall lead you in a merry dance.

The merry dance of death."
Nagaash

Postby Conan » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:58 pm

I'm afraid I disagree with some of the points being given in this thread.

First I dont know why this thread was brought about in the first place the below is my post from the 3rd:

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:54 am Post subject: Ball of Everliving Gollum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This item drops in fear does it not?

I have all aspects of my epic done except for the raidable parts. I would like to raise my hand for this particular item

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2272 for the http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=768 Thank You for you support.

This is the following post is from Copulous on the 3rd in the evening:

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:39 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just realized i can make this. usually i have softball on mondays and tuesdays, but this tuesday my game is way late. unfortunately conan beat me to the thread. i also need the Ball of Everliving Golem if 2 or more drop. then i need Spiroc Wingblade and the Queen of Chardok drop to finish. CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR 2 DROPS!!!

"TWO" or more did not drop. And I clearly stated interest in this particular hit.

Second I have two pieces left for my epic which either makes me lead or atleast tie for finishing the epic(would only need one if had fear drop). So why am I, who am higher in level and have a 76% raid attendance over last 30 days who stays till the end of every raid I've been on being placed second in line to others who aren't as far a long in epic quest are lesser leveled and have only a 24% 30 day raid attendance? I cannot fathom the reason.

By no means am I trying to be bitchy many people have helped me thus far and I am EXTREMELY appreciative of this. Bitchy :) is not how Cimmerians do business. Crom left us to fend for ourselves on this world and the weak will die and the strong will stand at his side but I do think that these are valid points to consider.

*edited for grammar* Have a nice day! :thumbup
Cimmerian Warrior 70 Winters
Clan Tribal Fury

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1161561
Conan

Postby Serano » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:46 pm

all of that only drives home the poiint --- we have grey areas. The fear raid was posted by aldle and he posted a variety of loot plans somewhere in his thread. I don't think anyone says that the order someone signs up for a loot grants any priority. Just post exactly where you are on a quest in the quest forum and that can help some. Then edit your post as your quest is near completion or completed and you start another.

But ultimatly it is clear that there is some tightening up of our loot policy regarding quest drops.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby copulous » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:30 pm

i kinda feel like i was just flamed. lower lvl, raid attendance, etc. ask around conan. i've been in this guild for 2 years and have done A LOT for TF. My lvl and my 30 day raid attendance is due to me just coming back a few weeks ago.

what was the point of this thread? so this can get worked out and not happen again. i wasn't thrilled about spending my dkp pts on the ball, but i did because it wasn't the time to argue about it.

posting first is not the way to do things. the raid had been posted for an entire week before there was a post about the ball. only reason i hadn't posted within the first day or two was because i wasn't going to be able to make it.

all that aside, you were in front of me to get the ball, and i wouldn't have had any complaints had it been awarded to you. this has been a calm and productive thread so far. let's keep it that way please.
Veteran Copulous "DEA" Pendragon
"David Joseph Lopez AKA Kunglao...my best friend and brother...REST IN POWER!!!"
copulous

Postby phishn00 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:17 pm

I understand the frustration of wanting to get your drops asap. At the same time, people need to understand that all 1.0 mobs have become trivial. I can't think of a single encounter that takes more than 2 groups, and the vast majority can be done with 1 group or less. Conan, set up a hit for Sunday or Monday. I'm thinking 10 people min should be able to do the golems without much trouble. Maybe after we get Conan the drop, Cop can get his dkp back and everyone will be happy? /shrug

And once again, all this would be much easier if people would actually post the quests they're working on and what drops they're missing...
phishn00

Postby copulous » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:41 pm

i don't want the dkp back. the post wasn't an attempt to get that done. i talked to conan in tells shortly after making the reply so we're straight. all in all, you are right about the encounters. the queen was a full on raid hit for me, when i wanted to get her done before i retired, and was hard to get set up. same for fear and posky. nowadays, we can hook it up no prob. thing is what happens when we start working on 1.5 and 2.0 hits? it'd be nice to get something solid going before we run into problems on the really tough hits. it'll get there.
Veteran Copulous "DEA" Pendragon
"David Joseph Lopez AKA Kunglao...my best friend and brother...REST IN POWER!!!"
copulous

Previous

Return to Guild Policies