NEW DKP Policy - end of Zero DKP bids

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

NEW DKP Policy - end of Zero DKP bids

Postby Serano » Sun May 18, 2008 5:49 pm

Thats right. The favorite practice of the zero point bid has come to an end.

The officers have for about a month now - with plenty of discussion (and whining I might add) Prior to that have ended the practice of the first quick to /gu player with a zero point bid being accepted as a winning bid.

The officers have now determined that the minimum required bid is 1 raid point. OH NOEZ! What does this mean if a drop drops that no one wants to bid one dkp for a loot. Do we have mandatory rot loot now? OH NOES!!! Well we hashed that out as well - and while the opinions vary - ultimatly the officers (Who have to deal with conducting the bids by the way) have decided if there is something that drops that no one is willing to bid on - it will be announced FFA in Rsay after all of the other loot has been bought (and preferably looted). We did in fact discuss doing /ran 1k for rot loot - both administered by the officers or left up to those interested in the loot to determine the winner - but that faction lost over to those that don't want to handle that affair on an item that no one even wants to bid on.

So until either officers or members come up with a better idea or convince the officers of why X isn't the right answer:

- 1 DKP is the minimum allowed bid for any drop.

- Any drop that does not get one bid of 1 raid point - will be announced as FFA in Rsay after all other loot has been bought.

Some system will need to be maintained to make sure the feeding frenzy at the rot loot corpse does not loot someones purchased loot that is still on the corpse. OK _ yes we already do have a system - and that is Docking the person DKP based on the value of any item mislooted - unless that item can get moved to the right character - but really we don't like to do that either.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Re: NEW DKP Policy - end of Zero DKP bids

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Mon May 19, 2008 9:02 am

Thanks Serano

Know I know FFA means Free for All, but please try and keep it sort of limited to use and or ability to utilize the rot loot.

Like maybe wait till the raid moves on and is past the corpse to loot the pally only belt if you are a enchanter just looking for loot to get for funny links or trophys or somthing. Know what I mean?

Basically if the second FFA is called and the same Silk class is insta looting the plate armor jsut for fun, we would want to have a chat with them to beg that they give it a few min for the useable classes to grab it if they can use/want.

Thats all, kinda hard to explain in words but I think we all get the point :P
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Jamjum » Mon May 19, 2008 9:31 am

For clarities sake , is there any changing on bringing in alts for rot status loot if nobody wants it? Has it changed, or is it still at the discretion of the RL.

Mainly I'm referring to class only or very limited class stuff, but I suppose other stuff would fall under that.

IE Saturday in Demi, a really nice beastlord only range slot dropped. Only 2 beastlords on the raid and they both had better (or had it + augs), and I was allowed to bring my beast in after rolling against I think Megga (who also had a beast that could use it).
Image-ImageImage
Jamjum

Postby Bilnick » Mon May 19, 2008 11:29 am

Jamjum wrote:For clarities sake , is there any changing on bringing in alts for rot status loot if nobody wants it? Has it changed, or is it still at the discretion of the RL.

Mainly I'm referring to class only or very limited class stuff, but I suppose other stuff would fall under that.

IE Saturday in Demi, a really nice beastlord only range slot dropped. Only 2 beastlords on the raid and they both had better (or had it + augs), and I was allowed to bring my beast in after rolling against I think Megga (who also had a beast that could use it).

It is free for all. Whoever gets to it first gets it.

Not all raid leaders are going to want to bother raidinviting and taskadding member_XYZ's alt to get a rot loot, especially if the raid is full or they are getting instructions. If I were raidleading I wouldn't want to.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Meso » Mon May 19, 2008 1:55 pm

:horsep
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Chadeaux » Mon May 19, 2008 3:15 pm

LOL thats a funny emotion
Chadeaux

Postby Naiin » Mon May 19, 2008 5:36 pm

Chadeaux wrote:LOL thats a funny emotion

Yay, welcome the era of FFa... or rot or whatever.... zero dkp bids = no demand for item IMO Instead of examining the fact that there is no demand on the item... we artificially inflate the price... for? Just trying to understand the new rule (and why there is a reason for it... rules for rules sake = beauracracy).
The Way of the soft and yielding overcomes the Way of the strong and hard,
yet few are the number of those who follow this Way. -Tao Te Ching
Naiin

Postby Worff » Mon May 19, 2008 5:41 pm

Naiin wrote:

Yay, welcome the era of FFa... or rot or whatever.... zero dkp bids = no demand for item IMO Instead of examining the fact that there is no demand on the item... we artificially inflate the price... for? Just trying to understand the new rule (and why there is a reason for it... rules for rules sake = beauracracy).

It's not really inflating the price of rot loot... a 0 bid is pretty much = to calling dibs on rot loot... we've decided to make rot loot FFA as it is MUCH easier to deal with. If no one is interested in even bidding 1 on an item, then its far easier and faster to just call FFA on that item rather than bidding it out for 0. I see it as streamlining the raid process to be a little easier and faster on everyone, including the officers... much like plowing on to the next target does while bids are happening for those not interested in bidding on the drops.
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby Naiin » Mon May 19, 2008 5:47 pm

Worff wrote:
Naiin wrote:

It's not really inflating the price of rot loot... a 0 bid is pretty much = to calling dibs on rot loot... we've decided to make rot loot FFA as it is MUCH easier to deal with. If no one is interested in even bidding 1 on an item, then its far easier and faster to just call FFA on that item rather than bidding it out for 0. I see it as streamlining the raid process to be a little easier and faster on everyone, including the officers... much like plowing on to the next target does while bids are happening for those not interested in bidding on the drops.

Ok, so once we have our first few complaints that billy-bob toon got there before jim-bob toon we will know how much easier it is huh? Not sure I see the advantage here (not to mean that there isnt any, just not visible to me) but I do see about 3 pinch points.... I guess time will tell. Also, can we find time to put it in the guildMOTD please... since the website doesnt have a RSS feed for whatever reasons.... some of the folks in guild dont even have time to read posted raid strats (or at least thats why I was told we totally reiterate the strats in rsay every hit)
Naiin

Postby Bilnick » Mon May 19, 2008 6:57 pm

If someone complains about not getting a rot loot, then too bad. Bid a DKP next time.

I personally would like to see the bidding process streamlined a bit, by either minimum incremental bids or a set time limit for each bid. That was one nice thing about the old blind bidding we had. People bid what they wanted, rather than try and nickel and dime a loot to death. God forbid someone spend a DKP or five more than the second place bidder.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why people automatically start bidding at 0 or 1 when it is obvious a loot is worth 10 or more.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Clarr » Mon May 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Bilnick wrote:That was one nice thing about the old blind bidding we had.

I love the idea of blind bidding.
:titanic Clarr
Clarr

Postby Naiin » Mon May 19, 2008 7:08 pm

Clarr wrote:
Bilnick wrote:That was one nice thing about the old blind bidding we had.

I love the idea of blind bidding.

Me too, I like blind bidding, mainly because I find it distasteful when we have officers encouraging guildmembers to rig bids so they can "all get cheap lewts" in private chats. I think that would end the zero bidding... AND speed the process... thus streamlining the process a great deal.
Naiin

Postby Fenina » Mon May 19, 2008 7:17 pm

Not really seeing a big advantage to the changes.

Someone bidding 0 is going to be faster than waiting for a bid to come in at all, I'm thinking that a 0 bid and a following 1 bid will still be faster than waiting for an initial bid to come in at all with the changes on something that will rot/ffa. The biggest slow down that I've noticed around 0 bids is on runes 0/0/0, 0/0/1, 1/1/2 etc. perhaps making all spell / disc runes ffa might be of more benefit. I am guessing though that ffa looted items will not be placed into the DKP looted items so perhaps that might be a benefit of the new system, but it will be an insignificant one.

Will have to see how it turns out but having my doubts on much improvement or streamlining. /shrug
Got Zombie?
1-800-ZMB-KILLS

ImageImageImage
Fenina
Officer

Highscores: 2

Postby Fenina » Mon May 19, 2008 7:18 pm

How does blind bidding work?
Got Zombie?
1-800-ZMB-KILLS

ImageImageImage
Fenina
Officer

Highscores: 2

Postby cliffy » Mon May 19, 2008 8:40 pm

Blind bidding the way I understand it is you send your bid to the loot officer in a tell, you bid what you want to pay and then the loot officer announces the winner based on who sent the highest bid.
cliffy

Next

Return to Guild Policies