Guild policy update regarding DKP earning criteria

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:19 pm

I dont see how this is negative for anyone other then those who are not serious about changeing mains.

All this policy is saying is prove you are serious about changeing mains, and you are all set. To the guild, you can prove you are serious by getting your new dkp main up the current standards of the applicants.

Plain and simple.

I am sorry if anyone feels porked by this, but how do you think the 95% of our raiders feel when they are stuck with an under geared / under leveled toon in their raid who is dragging them down, or taking up a seat a more power toon who is on par with the rest of the raiders is left out?

Like a lv 65 cleric who is in your grp with 6k mana and 25 AA? While a 75 druid with 500 AA is sitting outside the raid ready to go cuz its full.

Or how about a lv 65 warrior who has less hp / aa / defensive AA then the healers he is being asked to protect? /boggle
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Meso » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:28 pm

my post was far less personal than principle.

Serano you just said some of the things i was trying to say.

Tani was a fine example.

If not for key alts and boxes (well geared and well played) we would have failed some raids and never started others.

As far as DKP caps, it's principle. if a character is raiding enough to have enough DKP to make the cap an issue then theoretically the toon is contributing (and hopefully not an AFK tag along).

Meso has only once bid over 20.

But earned DKP means that the commitment has been made. And once it's spent its gone and there's no worry about that competition till more is earned. I don't think Meso is a threat to anyone nor a leach. But I do hope she can be a benefit to the raids. It can't be personal, the gear is only pixels.
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:19 pm

Alts and boxes are of value to the guild - thats why we allow them and try not to restrict them anymore more then needed.

I am with Isen on this though, I would rather a single toon who is greatly upgraded and AAed, then 2 toons with par gear and par AA.

Like if Zyzz was only 425aa and Soon was 425aa - each with 5 pieces of Anguish+ level gear.

I would much rahter just have Zyzz with 850aa and 10 pieces of anguish+ gear.

I would rather give up the flexibality to have the guraenteed performance from one uber toon. EQ as a game have created the classes to be flexiable enough to have a DPS class be able to be filled by a whole slew of classes, or healers to eb filled by 3 diff classes, or tanks to be of 3 diff classes.

But thats just the mains and alts debate.

Teh policy debate imo has been debate enough, and in terms of principal and overall theme, this policy clearly has the guilds majority in its forefront, while STILL allowing for alts and boxes to become mains someday.

MAINLY - The MAIN theme is try to stick with your MAIN :)

IMO there are plenty of single grp and solo tasks you can do to get your alts excellent gear that does not require 35+ peoples time to raid.

TBS Katta Gear / TSS grp armor upgrades / and always DoD Mission gear - will easily help make your alt all 200hp/mana gear in all slots, and be ready to become a main dkp earner and ready to help the guild progress in a raid setting.
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

Zyzzerzazz

Postby Meso » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:41 pm

apologies for the poor choice of paraphrasing.

Of course I know you guys care.
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:54 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I think its not just the officers who care about the guild, we all do.

I know if TF poofed tomorrow, I might not be playing EQ much more after.

Wait - isnt Triality looking for clerics? /jk

I would be divorced, out of a job, and be the black sheep of my family if I joined a hardcore raiding guild.

Thank God for TF!
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

Zyzzerzazz

Postby Tileran » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:45 pm

I'm glad we have these policies. I have a single character I like to raid with and my goal is to gear him up as much as I can to better benefit the guild. This guild is no way near hard core. But without these restrictions we would have mains losing bids more often to alts/boxes and being forced to spend a lot more dkp in order to outbid them for items. Thus taking the mains much longer to gear up and slowing down the progression of the guild, simply because some members choose to switch mains or gear up "two mains" equally. I personally would be pissed if I was bidding against someone's alt for an item and had to go as high as 40dkp in order to win it. Like the officers have said, the restrictions are there to encourage people to have one main. In areo's situation-I'm sure there are a lot of people who would rather him keep his ranger as his main. They would much rather have a level 75, 2.0'd ranger taking up a raid seat than a level 65 sk that serves no purpose to the guild and won't be of any use on raids for god knows how long. The guild has a nice number of tanks as it is. There's really no need for another sk, especially one that the guild will need to spend an enormous amount of time gearing up before they are even able to tank trash mobs on raids, let alone actual raid mobs. The majority of the guild has no problem with these restrictions. I'm sure for the most part these are the people who realize that it is in the best interest of the guild to gear up mains over alts and boxes.
Tileran

Previous

Return to Guild Policies