Everquest 2- you in?

Moderator: Officers

Will you eventually be switching to everquest 2?

yes
33%
no
67%

Total votes : 64

Everquest 2- you in?

Postby Gildorn » Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:05 pm

Just was curious, and wanted to see how many of you, if any, are switching to everquest 2. I don't expect many, just because it would be hard to let go of your current character, but nonetheless, it would be interesting to see.
In what cannot wisdom prevail? In what can resolution fail? What cannot flattery subdue? What cannot enterprize put through?
-Gildorn Gladior, Prime Paladin of Vazaelle

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=911641
Gildorn

Postby Serano » Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:38 pm

here is the thing tho. EQ2 is designed for a difffernent gaming style. at least per press reports.

Whilst I will be buying and playing EQ2 - ultimatly I will still be playing EQ, However, I might transition to raiding only in EQ and play the rest of my adventuring in EQ2 with the exeception of exploring new content
Last edited by Serano on Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

EQ2

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:47 pm

Why would I play the second version of a game they can't ever get to work correctly?
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby kunglao » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:28 am

if WoW don't live up to the hype, I'll just stick with EQ. No EQ 2 for me.
Brother Kunglao Jones
65 Transcendent of Vazaelle, (retired)

World of Warcraft
Otoahhastis, 70 Tauren Druid
Quinlan, 70 Troll Rogue
Vankman, 70 Tauren Shaman

EQ2 - Mistmoore Server
Schfifty Fyve, 32 Warden
Kunglao Jones (reborn), 24 Monk
kunglao

Highscores: 1

Postby Calthine Faeriesong » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:25 pm

I barely have time for EQ.... But I admit that I'm terribly curious about the Artesian class (imagine that) and the focus on a different playing style.
Calthine Faeriesong
--------------
"Vengance is counterproductive, always. Not to mention the fact it gets your soul all sticky." Lady Sally McGee
Calthine Faeriesong
Lurker

hehe

Postby bill » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:09 am

not sure if i have enough spare time in my entire life to donate another 200days of to another game.

Gildorn where'd you disappear to anyhow?
bill

Postby Fnord Shoggothslayer » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:18 pm

But I admit that I'm terribly curious about the Artesian class (imagine that)

You want to be 'water rising to the surface under internal hydrostatic pressure'? Or perhaps you meant you want to be 'of or pertaining to Artois (anciently called Artesium), in France'. Either way, sounds terribly boring for a MMORPG.
Fnord Shoggothslayer

Postby Calthine Faeriesong » Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:31 pm

I thought the Artesians were the little 6-armed dudes from old Ranier commercials.
Calthine Faeriesong
--------------
"Vengance is counterproductive, always. Not to mention the fact it gets your soul all sticky." Lady Sally McGee
Calthine Faeriesong
Lurker

Postby ZephaniahTF » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:30 pm

I am going to get eq2 and be a big slacker there and keep raiding in eq 1.
[img]http://www.epicshadows.com/images/shots/xtremie/zeph5.gif">[/img] http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=745264
ZephaniahTF

Postby Jahras » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:30 am

i wouldnt be able to run EQ2 unless i got a new PC, so no
Jahras

Highscores: 2

Postby Ophidion » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:30 am

no way... my penis needs more exercise and there is nothing that is going to stop that.. not even EQ2
Hey everybody! I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt, and my butt smells, and I like to kiss my own butt.
-- Ophidion

http://eq.testmagelo.com/profile/645186
Ophidion
The Retard Patrol

Postby Guardrail » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:01 pm

You bet we'll be going to EQ2! Will we completely quit EQ, not right away.
I've looked at WoW and I'm not all that impressed with it. Not nearly the depth EQ has and the graphics are just a bit to much anime for me.
EQ2, sure there will be problems with it but all games of this nature do.
The more complex they are, the more problems they will have.

I've been involved with the Lore of EQ for over 2years now. I'd like to see the changes that have taken place over the 500 years. The new graphics, NPC's talking to you, etc... but i would have to say the biggest reason is, I miss the days of being scared running across a zone, taking the boats or waiting for the Nexus Scion to port my a$$. Having that sensation of exploring a new area. I can honestly say, I have been in 97% of all the zones in the current EQ universe and know the mechanics of them.
Another huge reason is, I'm not a avid raider and according to Sony, EQ will be focused for the hardcore raiders.

Cheers
Hunter Guardrail Arcarean
Forest Stalker of Tunare
M.I.A

Pathfinder Arataurn Truebow
70 Ranger EQ2
Guardrail

Postby Malcore » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:41 pm

I am going to wait and see what the beta for EQ2 looks like before making any decisions, but it on paper it sounds good. (and the vids have been interesting)

- Mal
Malcore

Postby Excellis » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:02 pm

I plan on playing both. If it turns out that EQ II is clearly superior then I might drop EQ but I don't believe that Sony has any intention of losing long time players. Even the new expansion seems to be adding some features that made EQ2 sound different. I guess it's a matter of wait and see!
"I do not fear death; I thrive on it!"
Excellis

Postby Velnarin » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:34 am

I've done a good deal of research on the topic. The best computer on the market supposedly can't run it with all options turned on. Needless to say it probably won't be in anyone's capability to so much as make it look good unless they have a lot of money to blow on a new computer.

Personally by looking at game functionality and the class system and whatnot, I was highly dissapointed. Partially because I am resistant to change I'm sure but some of the things they did to the classes made a huge "WTF" bubble appear over my head. Wizards have, judging by the class abilities, lost the ability to port and evacuate, and Shadowknights and Enchanters are now the evaccers, along with druids. ENCHANTERS are the Evaccers! Aaaaugh. They also made much damage for us much less subtle. But looking away from my own class, it's still just crazy.... Bards can ressurect.... BARDS.... if this were a new game completely I would just be a little "Hrmmm...." but I think the weird-o factor is just too weird to jump into any decision about it.

In the very end I may end up getting EQ2 after I obtain my job but there's no way I'd either go to it or recommend anyone go to it until they read the reveiws.
~ Velnarin D'Faer the White Wizard - Master Crossdresser, Journeyman Researcher, and Lord of Okra
Velnarin

Next

Return to Polling Station