*OLD UI* fixes and patches

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

*OLD UI* fixes and patches

Postby Worff » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:45 am

Old User Interface (OLD UI) Updated Oct 21st 2010

OCTOBER 21 2010
This is a modded DEFAULT_OLD UI with parts incorporated from other old ui's as well as parts I have made over time. It is a stand-alone OLD UI that generates no errors. Some of the features are:

Mixture of horizontal and vertical hotkey boxes
Half-Shrunken potion belt with Small Icons
Micro-Icons in Song Window (short duration buffs)
Micro-Icons in Target Window
Small Icons in Buff Window
Inventory shown and usuable from Actions Window (NOTE - Actions Window only shows 8 bag slots - working on update for that - all 10 bag slots are shown in Inventory Window though)
Tribute timers and status in Character Window
Returned DONE button to bags

NOTE: Install to a clean folder under /Program Files/EverQuest/uifiles (or wherever your EQ game's UI folder is installed) .. if you'd like to use your same folder (like /Program Files/EverQuest/uifiles/default_old) then make sure and delete the files in it before copying these new files to it.

OLD UI - STANDARD>

OLD UI> HB1,2,3 verticle | HB4 Thin horizontal

OLD UI> HB1,2 verticle | HB3,4 Thin horizontal

OLD UI> HB1,2 Thin verticle | HB3,4 Thin horizontal

Tested 21OCT10: 7:25pm EST
Last edited by Worff on Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:30 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

ok

Postby bill » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:39 pm

I'm an old default user as well.

Awesome Worff, thank you so much!
It's already stickied, damn worff is good!
bill

Postby Worff » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:59 pm

LOL no prob .. I like the old UI too heh.
Worff
Webmaster

Postby Horgboth » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:28 pm

I use a custom UI and I am getting tired of things changing, no update on custom UI, and having to muck with it. I dont like the default old UI at all. I have actually been thinking of trying to use the new UI. Who all uses the new UI?

Welcome to the Boom Boom Room. Remeber, there is no sex in the Champagne room.
Horgboth

Postby Vendaru » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:40 pm

Thanks Worff I like the old UI too, but with 1 small change. But this is a big help :)

:banana
Vendaru

Postby Yoshikawa » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:19 pm

im an old UI user also
old UI FTW
On the black wind forever we ride on together
Destroying your evil with freedom our guide
When the master will storm us
He'll stand high before us
Our hearts filled with splendour
Our swords will shine over the light
___Valley Of The Damned - Dragonforce

Yoshikawa Matsumori - Lv.75 Monk
Yoshikawa

Postby Worff » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:30 pm

The new one looks cool, I admit. Just nothing is familiar at all. Like where the hell is my EXODUS button now? What buff just faded? Oh I thought that WAS a heal spell, sorry I just regen'd you. Heheh.

A fraction of a second of hesitation can = death for you and others.. thats why i dont use it, there will never be a good time to make new UI into "Instant Reflex" for me, takes many days or even weeks sometimes to become coordinated with new interfaces.
Worff
Webmaster

Postby Bilnick » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:48 pm

I switched from the old UI to the new UI last night. Once it was explained to me how to use the old spell icons/symbols in the new UI, getting used to it was easy.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Meso » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:57 pm

Once it was explained to me how to use the old spell icons/symbols in the new UI,

please do 'splain
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Bilnick » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:06 pm

I took the new UI and copied the entire thing to a new UI folder, named it something different. TempUI or something like that. Then copied the files from the old UI that were the spell icons and pasted them in the TempUI folder, overwriting the new icons. Once in game, load TempUI and you have the new UI with the old spell icons. (icons are in the effects box and the spell bar) Since I am at work, I dont recall the specific file names to copy, but there were 5-8 of them and thier names were somewhat obvious.

I can post the list I copied when I get home.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Serano » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:31 pm

that was more work than you needed to do - all you needed to do was to drop the spell icons from the old UI into whatever UI folder you were using - or make one call it spellicons - and then load that UI - and then you have the default new UI with the old icons.

When you have a custom UI folder - the UI bits that you have in your custom folder are used but any bits that are not in your custom folder default to default.

So say you have a player window and a track window and custom spell book and icons - you make a folder call it custom and then drop those files in - in game say load UI and pick custom - then you will have ALL of the default UI except whatever parts are in your "custom" folder.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Worff » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:40 pm

Yeah the TEMPUI folder idea seems a good way to experiment without hosing existing UI's.

Other than a different look and feel tho, I dont see any reason to use any part of the new UI at all if you're able to keep up with old one np. Function > Form any day :)
Worff
Webmaster

Fun with UIs

Postby Sadinmagi » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:46 am

Great suggests all, I will have to try Bil's and Serano's suggestions, and will be watching for updates from Worffs zip file if I notice anything missing from the way I patched my files.

Just one thing maybe to add to what Worff said. Even tho Sony is no longer supporting default_old, the patcher may at times be forced to restore Sonys old version of the files in that folder, overwriting the changes we made to get it to work and forcing you to be repeatedly fixing it.
The post I followed on EQInterface.com suggested you copy default_old files to new folder or just rename the folder, to maybe something like My_default_old. Then you won't have Sony losing your changes. And your UI will be good until Sony has a new feature to add to one of the windows, making it necessary for you to find someone that has added the feature to the old files so you can add it into your UI folder.

I think I will have to make a My_default folder and try Serano's trick of putting just the old spell icon files into it. See if that makes the new UI acceptable to me. I also had complaints about the placement of the hotbars, but maybe i can try the old hotbars in the new UI too.

If anyone has a list of the files I need for the old spell gems and effects, and the hotbars, that would probably make it easier for me to do.
Sadinmagi

Postby Worff » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:30 pm

Yeah u can mod the hotbar files too to make them vertical instead of horizontal, etc.
Worff
Webmaster

Postby Culhain » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:10 am

I really messed up my old UI and Worff's mods didn't work.

But, EQinterface has a clone that, so far, works great. Fittingly, the file name is default_old.

http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fi ... s=&id=4612
Culhain

Next

Return to Open Chat