Serano's guide for how to get help.

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Serano's guide for how to get help.

Postby Serano » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:24 pm

1) the less succesful way.

a) log on and say /gu can someone help me with X?

b) put on LFG and then go make a sandwich

2) better way.

a) Log on and look in guild tool see who is where and what they are doing. see if there is a spot for you to group in. see of there is a large spot of peeps hanging in pok/guild lobby. see who that is in those two hanging out groups is needed to help you with X task.

b) send tells to the peeps that are vital to do X. Send tells untilyou get 1/2 to 3/4 of what you need to do what you want to do.

c) /gu hey guys - I am off to do X with A, B and C. if anyone is LFG - you can come along and help - could use Y and Z classes / class types if avail.

3) best way.

a) ID what it is you want to do. Post what day you want to do this thing in open, quest or members. prolly 2- 5 days out.

b) send tells to peeps that you have helped inthe past, peeps that have helped you in the past or folks that you are trying to know - and tell them that you have posted X event on Y day - and are wondering if they will be available. Good peeps to send tells to for these things are peeps that habitually play during the hours and day that you would like to do this event in.

c) post on the page the peeps that had agreed to help you

d) Day arrives - announce in /gu 1 hour out -doing Q event with X Y Z in 1 hour - if you can help see if you can be done with your DON/LDON/ Tradeskills if you are interested in comming - send me a tell. depending on the size you need for this hit might make a channel. gather the peeps you had tells to before at said time - you will be missing someone that said they would help. Once you have gathered the peeps you needed - and are ready to start /gu about to start X event - have everyone I need but can use more DPS, Crowd Control, healers (whatever) - if anyone is interested /join TFHELP(or whatever) meet up at the X location in next 5 minutes or shoot me a tell if incoming.

e) take your party and rip it up!

mournful " /gu can someone help me ? " or "/gu who wants to help me get X item lol ? " often get ignored. Finding peeps that are not busy and sending tells - or arranging for a future time - are the ticket. Dozen times a day I am in an exp group or camping something I had planned on doing that day and peeps jump on /gu all day long asking for help getting no immediate help - they get grumpy and log or start considering /guildremove. Yet, when I get a tell from a person and they say - hey bud - doing X event in 90 minutes can you arrange to go by then? if I am not in gods gift to exp groups then I say - sounds great. Or if I am camping x thing - I say hmmm... trying to GET x to drop - if you wanna run down here until that time - it is fine with me.

Either way folks - take care of yourself and you can get taken care of. /gu help me please (now /nudge) will only get on yours and your guildmates nerves.

Fair paths.
Last edited by Serano on Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:23 am

Praise God, the man is a miracle in cheap chainmail !

Totally and completley too right!
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

chainmail

Postby Lemme » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:36 am

Hmm, I thought that chainmail looked substandard.

Good post, thanks Serano.
Lemme

Postby Fnord Shoggothslayer » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:18 pm

Call me weird (i'm used to it), but I'm not comfortable sending tells for help. It feels like either arm-twisting or laying a guilt trip. I much prefer asking for help in guild - I like willing volunteers.
Fnord Shoggothslayer

hehe

Postby bill » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:29 am

well fnord you don't lament over why no one won't help you. You do alright for yourself. This thread really wasn't aimed at you hehe.

And I haven't forgotten about your nightmare silks. I'm still in the deep ><
bill

Postby Morbier » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:00 pm

Fnord is weird like that. I myself love to drag along all the people who don't wish to be there.
Morbier
Lurker

Postby Xerasta » Thu May 11, 2006 4:36 pm

I would like to add another helpful suggestion which is to be open to helping others when they need it. People are more likely to help you if have helped them.
Xerasta

hehe

Postby bill » Thu May 11, 2006 4:39 pm

Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:00 pm

Just bumpin away !!!

Hehe funnier still, a year later Fnord is STILL wrestling with the concept of asking others for help.

I had to push his ass to getting the patience to ask ppl for a real easy god hit.

I've said it before and I will say it again:

The #1 most effective way to get help is to send tells. Be prepared to have ppl decline you, but if you don't try, you'll alway lose.
bill

Postby Serano » Fri May 12, 2006 1:40 pm

I wouldn't consider posting to a stickied post a bump.
Serano
Officer

hah

Postby bill » Fri May 12, 2006 2:06 pm

Don't mind me then!
bill

Postby Serano » Fri May 12, 2006 2:21 pm

deal
Serano
Officer