Melle Classes

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

paladins

Postby eeventinee » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:32 am

paladins best use on a raid is plow ma/afk waste of a raid spot, that is all.
"The path to geekdom for this child has already been paved in 12-sided dice and character sheets."

Long live the poor child named Firiona Vie
eeventinee

TANKS

Postby Brotta » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:15 am

Look i think we all agree that between a wizard a chanty and a rog i would maybe sometimes pick the rog to tank.. LOL..
still working on my magelo so bare with the lazy rogue
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=969831
Brotta

Postby Azzenkar Emberune » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:09 am

Now i cant speak for being main tank at a raid witha pally but there are a few things I have noted about the class in general. Our heals are pretty much useless while in a fight. Hanover is only level 51 atm and he has a wopping total of two heal abilities.......a 300 pt very mana draining heal and a very long refresh hot that I cant use much (duration of the spell is also very short). Only way a pally can use his heal during combat is root mob back up out of range and then heal (a VERY common tactic for the class) then wade back into the fight. The heals just take too long to cast mid fight. Yes pallies got Lay on Hands but a one shot not even complete heal just doesnt cut it on any serious mobs ie raid mobs. I agree a pallies role at raids is first and formost make sure everybody has brells. Second group spot healer for any AE damage ...looking forward to the group heals. Tank mezzing and pulling mobs off the casters is ideal use for them. I personally feel a couple pallies standing back with the casters and specifically the clerics is a very good idea if possible.(and yes that would be a boring as hell job at a raid) I dunno about sk's being able to out agro a pally. From my personal experience I have grabbed and held agro from much higher level sk's and warriors who were hell bent on proving just how uber they were in the agro department. A determined player with good gear and knowledge of the class and abilities is VERY hard to pull agro from.(well that level 59 sk and 62 warrior sure were pissed when I wouldnt let them get smacked by the mob) Guess I'll hold off commenting further till i get a few more levels and AA under my belt. ATM I am still learning my role in a raid while figuring out how a pally fares in the high end game. Info like this helps those of us up and coming tanks so please keep this kinda discussion going.
Azzenkar Emberune

Postby nazar » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:45 am

good question whether a high end pally or sk is more agro..i would just leave it as they are both very good..lvl 68 jolt sk spell is nice agro..order i cast is..jolt..debuff armor+ give some to you..life tap life tap =p jolt repeat.i think the pally stuns are a bit quicker tho
70 Mage on Vazealle (Everquest)
60 Warrior on Detheroc (World of Warcraft)
nazar

Argo

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:54 am

I've always known Pallys were great for argo. I've grouped alot with Virtous back in the day and I could pull a mob with 12 DoTs, a nuke and a snare and he'd have argo by the time I got to camp. I was basically asking about abilities on a raid and who would be the best tank(s) and why.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby nazar » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:34 pm

all 3 can tank just dam fine..its just that sk's and pally's will save some overagroing asshat fast..or prevent it..its the dps's job to manage there agro..if the tank sucks..obvsioly you adjust
70 Mage on Vazealle (Everquest)
60 Warrior on Detheroc (World of Warcraft)
nazar

agro

Postby eeventinee » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:13 pm

sks are better then palys for agro.
Paladins heals are not worthless at 65-70
Warriors are by far the best tank when compared with equally geared hbyrids in the high end ala defense discs
paladin heals do not = defense disc in any way shape or form
paladins=very little dps so if warrior is gettin close to dropping they should heal warrior randomly with light of nife line of spells
yea im done, have fun

*edit* for goofy, paladin heals do not = defense disc because like they get interupted, and if a mob is quadding for lets say a grand each swing, then defense lowers that a hell of a lot more then the 1200 point paladin heal
"The path to geekdom for this child has already been paved in 12-sided dice and character sheets."

Long live the poor child named Firiona Vie
eeventinee

/nod

Postby bill » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:33 am

aye eev good point, warriors are good against flurry mobs as well for that reason.
bill

Previous

Return to Open Chat