My Mouse

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

heheh

Postby bill » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:09 pm

that is true hehe.

I'm just in a mood, sorry haha. Reformatting my computer made me a bitter, angry man today. I swear i'll be over it soon!
bill

hrm

Postby Luthe » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:10 pm

guess the real question is , when is skel gonna respond to her own post ,before we blast it into 3-4 page hell with replies ~
Luthe

Postby Jahras » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:13 pm

After reading this thread, I don't think I support USB either
Jahras

Highscores: 2

Postby Skel » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:20 pm

I made the post then went to bed LOL, came back and was like WHOA 2 pages already?

Anyhow, this is not an EQ-only issue, i can be cruising my DESKTOP and have this thing freeze up ... i don't run 95, NT, OR 2k, i run XP

I do not have SP2. I am sure of this because last time i tried it fried my computer's OS and i had to f-disc and start from scratch (thanks for nothing microsoft "support"). Since then, no service pack higher than 1 has been near my computer.

All mouse setting appear to be correct, mostly factory presets. Error occurs on ALL USB ports (there are 6 i think) and mouse is relatively clean, especially the lens.

Just did a defrag/disc cleanup/adware removal/virus scanner all were negative.

Maybe it's just something i'm gonna have to learn to live with ... it's annoying as hell though when, say, i'm trying to click something to exit a zone after biting off more than i can chew.
Skel

hrm

Postby Luthe » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:43 pm

Checked the drivers in the device manager ?

right click on my computer,
manage, device manager , and see in the usb port section if there
are any error signs , yellow ? / ! marks, or just Red X's over them.

you may want to try New Chip set drivers though. if you havent.
Luthe

Port

Postby Goofydoofy » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:22 pm

Maybe I missed it earlier in the thread, but why not use a PS/2 mouse instead of USB? I ditched the USB mice years ago.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Serano » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:28 pm

get a new mouse of a different manufacture see if that fixes it. IF it doesn't then boom - you have settings issues.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Bilnick » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:31 pm

It's possible that the cable running from the mouse itself is bad. Those are pretty flimsy cables with tiny conductors (26 gauge or so wire). It sounds to me like you have a wire failing or a pin that is failing. I have had this happen with any device with a cord. Since the mouse is always being moved around it is possible you have a bad cable. Optical mice with cords are dirt cheap now, I would try a new one. I prefer a wireless optical mouse myself. Logitech makes good ones. Avoid the really cheap cordless optical mice, I bought one for my daughter's computer and the resolution on it was horrible.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Skel » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:20 pm

my next move will definitely be AWAY from USB ... gonna try to pick up a PS/2 mouse. I've tried everything else i can think of, including trying everyone's advice at least once (still no go).

Thx all for your help, guess i get to use my BestBuy gift card for something now /cheer
Skel

Previous

Return to Open Chat