Sup

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Postby rsix » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:02 am

I think you'll see that many of the ppl missing lately will come back once the novelty of the other 2 games wear off. I played EQ2 for about a week. The content was seriously lacking, it was entirely too simple and balanced for my tastes. The con system sucked, xp system sucked, and please send the heroic opportunity crap back to Final Fantasy! I have not even bothered with WoW cuz the toon models are teh suck big time..... The environments are very nice, but what is up with the player models?!? I have always liked EQ1 because of it's lack of balance ( I dig diversity) and content, and have found every EQ wannabe game fun for only a couple weeks because they were something different. They all lack the depth of content that makes up EQ1. I'd always be willing to sacrifice the visuals for a good story line. I think EQ1 will be revamped graphically and live on for a while still, especially as a lot start canceling their EQ2 accounts. Just my 2cp.
rsix

hehe

Postby bill » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:07 am

ah, the joys of not hardcoring a game, we can actually still enjoy it.

Pity we are the minority.

I don't think the when-was-the-last-newbie-you-saw arguement works that well, I just got my girlfriend to start playing, would she count? >:)

Point is there are new ppl in eq still. Hanging out in lvl 65 zones can kinda preclude the newbies especially if they don't have all the expansions.

I won't deny that ppl are not playing only EQ right now. But not logging on isn't what will cause server consolidation.

Cancellation of accounts is what will. If ppl are canceling their accounts, then we will see some shifts certainly. This is where the station pass enters the picture and I don't know for sure how that plays into the canceling subscriptions to play other games bit.

My favorite phrase, and you can ask Dealing and Mytmaxx:

They always come back.

Cya soon you wowers and eq2ers :wavey

How was sw:g ? hehe
bill

Postby Serano » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:32 am

Fen I have yet to make that bow - I am still missing the 2nd Air Arachnid silk and a featherwood staff -blah.

I still havn't got my discordant Sciorie to drop to make a go at my Healing 5 aug. Then again I will have to look up the benifit of a healing 4 (My best heal spell is level 67) and heal 5 to see if it is remarkable.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Oakenblade » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:58 pm

You still think you'll see me back, Dran? Sorry man but I doubt it. As tempting as it sounds to re-join the tribe and do some raidage, there's still the fact that the game isn't what I once knew and loved it to be. During my last weeks of playing EQ, a majority of the players are 60+ the sky was messed up cuz of Sony's need to experiment EQ2's graphics on EQ1, and nobody was in the old worlds anymore. I'm all for Post-Luclin but I never came to love it like I did the pre-luclin worlds. It just makes me very sad to see nobody there and remember the days when the max was 60, when the Avatar of War was unbeatable, when most of the players were below level 50 and only dreamed of being up there. I retired Oak at 57, but all of you who really knew me knew that I had the playing abilities, spirit, and knowledge of a 65er. I said when I first started playing that I was the slowest leveler in the game, and I reluctantly proved it. I missed the days of EC trading, and Velious raiding. That's why I won't play anymore.
[url=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=865384]Baron Oakenblade Wyldwolf
57 Preserver
RETIRED[/url]
Oakenblade

Postby Bilnick » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:12 pm

Oakenblade wrote:I missed the days of EC trading, and Velious raiding. That's why I won't play anymore.

We killed some stuff in Kael Drakkel this week. Raided NToV 3 or 4 times in the last 3 months. Have had at least 2 or 3 attempts at AoW (1% grrrrr). We are focusing on Luclin more now, but Luclin is every bit as good as Velious in my opinion. Planes of Power was the big blackeye of EQ expansions.
Bilnick
Officer

ehe

Postby bill » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:49 pm

We killed King Tormax on our last raid. Honestly I couldn't care who did or didn't come back unless they come back ;)

Just pointing out the amount of ppl that have quit and come back outnumber those that have quit and not returned.

If anything, these other games will actualy strengthen what we as a guild stand for: Fun.

For those that have left EQ, it wasn't fun for them anymore. Oak, the game could very well have changed enough for you that it just isn't as fun anymore. That's normal.

For myself at least, there is still mucho fun to be had with a great guild of ppl. I still don't see a point where I would subscribe to another game yet.
bill

Postby fendeesha » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:01 pm

LOL Serano, when I gave you that stuff, Rel was like, yeah bud, gl on the Air Arachnid silk! As to everyone else, do what you love! I love Fen, one reason why I can't let go of that account, and I have so much time and emotional involvement wrapped up in her. I don't see myself letting her account go, even if I hardly ever get to play anymore. WoW is better for me time wise right now, and I really enjoy playing it. Will I go back to EQ? Of course, at least part time. I have too many friends there not too. But am I still mainly retired right now, yeppers!
The one and only (thank God!) FEN!
SIMPLY UN-FOOLED AROUND WITH!
fendeesha
Queen

Postby Serano » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:06 pm

Well - fen - if it comes to a time where you find you havn't logged on the OG fen in over 2 months - I think it will be time to let tha subscription go. If you ever get the itch to play fen you can simply resubscribe at that point.
Serano
Officer

Postby fendeesha » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:15 pm

That would probably be pretty close to today Serano! LOL, but my account is prepaid through spring anyway. If I ever decided to let her go though, hubby, mother in law, sister in law, somebody, would take her I'm sure...
The one and only (thank God!) FEN!
SIMPLY UN-FOOLED AROUND WITH!
fendeesha
Queen

Postby Serano » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:23 pm

well - its your money - but sooner or later it wouldn't make sence to pay for something you aren't using. They do not have a track record of deleting canceled accounts. Stories abound of accounts left abandoned for years being reactivated with all their Kunark gear intact.
Serano
Officer

aye

Postby bill » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:16 pm

One thing tho, you can kiss any faction work goodbye. 3 months and they wipe that shit instantly it seems.
bill

Postby Serano » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:21 pm

wait a minute. Factions get wiped on an inactive account? can you find where that is reported?
Serano
Officer

hmm

Postby bill » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:34 pm

personal observation. Watched it happen to you and Zingger/Buzzyrd/Cebaka/Limpy/Istoff when he returned, he reported the same thing about factions. All his work was gone.

Comparing the details of both of your leaves made it easy to make that correlation.
bill

Postby Serano » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:01 pm

hmnmm

My COV faction was seriorusly flawed tho and it happened over a time while activly playing. My COV faction was fine --- then in a matter of 2 weeks poofed after killing no COV mobs - was strange.

HOWEVER all other factioning was not affected. I am still indif to 4 of 6 Iksar factions so that was intact. HOWEVER - I actually did NOT have an inactive account. I never unsubscribed while I was deployed. They got cash for Serano even tho he wasn't playing for 5 of the 7 1/2 months I was gone.
Serano
Officer

hmm

Postby bill » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:56 pm

ok I misunderstood the situation then, I thought you had stopped paying for the account and that your COV deal happened before the account was reactivated.

Hmm. Zingger still reported that he went to customer service no less and even they told him to jump in a lake, unless his story was inaccurate as well.

No facts presented by me, but definitely something to consider.
bill

PreviousNext

Return to Open Chat