Sup

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Sup

Postby Oakenblade » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:11 pm

Just postin to let yall know I'm still alive...
[url=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=865384]Baron Oakenblade Wyldwolf
57 Preserver
RETIRED[/url]
Oakenblade

hiya

Postby bill » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:42 pm

Good to hear you're still kickin :thumbup
bill

Postby Aboobaka » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:28 pm

Howdy Oak!
Aboobaka

Postby Kammron » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:13 pm

Hey Oak !!! i remember you from a long time ago ( Lilaman )
Kammron

Postby Oakenblade » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:42 pm

Yep, I haven't logged in since May, kinda makes me sad. I considered playing again but I decided against it, due to the plain fact that EQ is slowly but surely dying. It wasn't even what it used to be when I was still playing. So I'm taking other things into consideration. My girlfriend wants me to play counterstrike with her and her bro. I dunno what that's about, but I think it's worth a shot.
[url=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=865384]Baron Oakenblade Wyldwolf
57 Preserver
RETIRED[/url]
Oakenblade

hehe

Postby bill » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:01 pm

due to the plain fact that EQ is slowly but surely dying. It wasn't even what it used to be when I was still playing.

Gotta disagree with ya on that one.

I can't say its a fact, since there really isn't any way to prove it, it certainly doesn't feel any emptier, in fact it feels like it always has, changing.

It certainly doesn't feel like it did back when I started heh, and I am praying it is different down the road.
bill

Postby Serano » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:09 pm

I really feel that the vastness of the EQ world now is makingit tougher - you can go almost anywhere in game with little to no competition on camps. But I don't really meet new people anymore. I remember when I hardly ever did guild groups - I would log on and see who in game was LFG and form up a group and see what we could stomp. now I just group with people Iknow. shrug.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby cexser » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:25 pm

damnit your right serano all i do is group with people i like!!! thats it no more grouping with jum jabs res saker or .....fill in the missing spot! oak i thik your wrong also....so there lol
cexser

Postby Bilnick » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:57 pm

There is no question EQ1 is slowly dying. The success of WoW and EQ2 have confirmed that in my opinion. EQ1 has no new players. Think of the last time you ran into a true newbie. How long ago was that? 3 months? 6 months? more? Since EQ1 isn't growing, it must be dying.

Where I think the big droves of people leaving EQ1 are from raid at all costs guilds. Do a /who all Vantage, or a /who all alternate (alternate eclipse) and see how many people are online. I would bet that TF has more people online most nights now. I did a /who all alternate on Friday night and they had 4 on, TF had 25+. I would be curious to see if any of the top guilds on the server are having the same problem.

Strangely WoW and EQ2 haven't had the same effect on TF. We have 25-35 people online most nights. If you come back to EQ, Oak, I would say there will be a TF here for a while yet.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Kaylar » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:05 pm

Bilnick wrote: Where I think the big droves of people leaving EQ1 are from raid at all costs guilds. Do a /who all Vantage, or a /who all alternate (alternate eclipse) and see how many people are online. I would bet that TF has more people online most nights now. I did a /who all alternate on Friday night and they had 4 on, TF had 25+. I would be curious to see if any of the top guilds on the server are having the same problem.

I totally disagree with this. I have talked to someone in AE and they told me they are taking a break due to the holidays. You have to remember its less than 2 weeks from christmas. People are trying to get there shit together and leave to see friends and family. I to did a /who all AE and seen more than 4 people on. More like 14 people where on that night. I also did a /who all Vantage, and got 10 people. Yes, there were more of us on that night. I believe we had 32 on at that time, but I don't believe for a second that EQ1 is dying.
Kaylar

Postby Bilnick » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:44 pm

Kaylar wrote:I totally disagree with this. I have talked to someone in AE and they told me they are taking a break due to the holidays. You have to remember its less than 2 weeks from christmas. People are trying to get there shit together and leave to see friends and family. I to did a /who all AE and seen more than 4 people on. More like 14 people where on that night. I also did a /who all Vantage, and got 10 people. Yes, there were more of us on that night. I believe we had 32 on at that time, but I don't believe for a second that EQ1 is dying.

The thing is Kay, before WoW and EQ2 came out those guilds always had at least 20+ people on (20 is the max I ever see when I do a search of guilds other than TF). Why would those 2 guilds have such a dramatic drop-off and not TF? Drannor mentioned that they probably have more college age members who have finals or are home for Xmas. That may be true. My bet though is that they are playing WoW or EQ2 instead. I did see only 4 peeps online from AE around midnight Friday or Saturday, but typically I see 15 or so Vantage and AE peeps on. It hasn't been once or twice either, I have noticed this for a couple of weeks. I just found it curious that a hardcore raiding guild would have such a huge dropoff, when TF hasn't been affected that much.

If EQ1 is not getting new customers at faster rate than they are losing old customers, then EQ1 is dying. My guess is that more people are cancelling EQ1 accounts than are signing up for new ones. The question really is how long will EQ1 last? In my opinion, EQ1 has 2-3 years left at least. Especially if Sony releases an expansion every 8 months or so.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Serano » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:48 pm

Oh - I tottaly agree. EQ IS --- IS --- Dying.

But I still have plenty to see here.

Bilnick hit the nail on the head. with no reason to START eq there will be less and less peeps on eventlually server combines etc. but that is a year away.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby fendeesha » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:02 am

According to Rel, whos main is in EoTD, 3 of the top 5 guilds on our server are coming to a close. There is a rumor that CC is going to make a mass exodus to EQ2. I have basically retired from EQ, I mostly play WoW now, and Rel still does his trader stuff in EQ, but doesn't xp there anymore (he is also into WoW.) I don't think EQ will ever DIE, but I think that they are losing some of the long time people, and new players have a lot more choices now than they did before. I am DEFINATELY keeping Fen, and who knows, the day may come when I decide that I want to play her full time again.
The one and only (thank God!) FEN!
SIMPLY UN-FOOLED AROUND WITH!
fendeesha
Queen

Postby cexser » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:57 am

H ey Fend if Rel is quitting lets talk about him mossong a aug or 2 off of his trader!!!!
cexser

Postby fendeesha » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:24 am

Yeah Cex, I'll let YOU bring that up to him! LOL, didn't you read where I said he was still doing his trader??? Although I HAVE been known to make GREAT deals to friends while Rel was at work, ask Serano! LOL
The one and only (thank God!) FEN!
SIMPLY UN-FOOLED AROUND WITH!
fendeesha
Queen

Next

Return to Open Chat