Postby fendeesha » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:38 pm

/agree
The one and only (thank God!) FEN!
SIMPLY UN-FOOLED AROUND WITH!
fendeesha
Queen

Postby Serano » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:50 pm

Guys Vs Gals.

Guys aren't even focusing on the message. Just on the authenticity of it. guy brain thinking.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby fendeesha » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:11 pm

:stupid

I was thinking the same thing Serano! For once man and woman think alike and agree! /e ducks below the desk and awaits the coming apocolypse!
The one and only (thank God!) FEN!
SIMPLY UN-FOOLED AROUND WITH!
fendeesha
Queen

Postby Jahras » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:15 pm

she never answered her door at her house no matter how long I beat on it. I left when I heard the sirens.

i'm rolling from that one
Jahras

Highscores: 2

Postby Jahras » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:16 pm

she never answered her door at her house no matter how long I beat on it. I left when I heard the sirens.

i'm rolling from that one
Jahras

Highscores: 2

Postby Bilnick » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:23 pm

If you are truly afraid to walk alone at night, ask someone to walk with you, or carry a weapon of some sort, whether it is a gun, tazer, pepper spray, etc. Concealed weapon permits are easy to get in many states now. In Michigan, you apply for a concealed weapon permit, take a short class, and you get your permit. (as long as you are not a convicted felon)
Or take a self defense class.

When I went to Wayne State U in Detroit, I was about 1/2 hour late for a 7:30 class, so i decided to skip it and take a nap in the student center. There was this blood trail that was at least 2 feet wide and maybe 150 yards long. It turned out a guy followed a young lady into the ladies restroom and attacked her. She pulled a knife or letter opener out of her purse and stabbed him in the neck. Needless to say, the man took off. The police had no problem catching the guy.
Bilnick
Officer

Just Jaded

Postby Aiela StormReaver » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:34 pm

Fen, in a lot of cases, those on here are net professionals with several years of running into urban legends non-stop and having to debunk them. We've become a bit jaded over time, so that we don't see the overall picture, which you reminded us of.

Yes, women *do* have men who will use untoward methods to try and sexually molest them, or worse. But after spending 15-20 years reading posts such as this, or those about some of the other urban legends (like the baby that was put on top of the car, and stayed on top of the car after travelling several hundred miles at 70+ MPH), you just develop a *very* thick skin towards anything that arrives in email.

I think that Serano did the right thing in pointing you to Snopes -- but we could have handled it a bit better than the blase responses some sent.
Aiela StormReaver
Paladin of Quellious
Aiela StormReaver

Postby Nistari » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:47 pm

I will post that picture of that guy wearing that x-men t-shirt at 5:40 in the morning...actually, the picture was taken around 8:00 in the morning...but it's still the same guy wearing the x-men t-shirt waiting at Denny's since 540 in the morning...
Nistari

Postby Serano » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:02 pm

its posted. in gallery.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Previous

Return to Open Chat