An e-mail I got this morning...

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

An e-mail I got this morning...

Postby fendeesha » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:57 am

Whether this story is true or not, it is scary enough to keep passing around! I got it this morning and took some time to clean up the typing (say thank ya!) and make it easier to read.
Fen

This was the first I have heard of a scheme like this and I wanted to pass it along. Be safe! This is something very serious to pay attention to. Criminals are coming up with craftier, less threatening methods of attack, so we have to be extra cautious. Read on...
I live in Alexandria, VA, but I often work in Lafayette, LA, staying with friends when I'm there. As you know from America's Most Wanted TV program as well as the news media, there is a serial killer in the Lafayette area. I just want to let you know about an "incident" that happened to me a few weeks ago, and could have been deadly. At first I didn't go to the police or anyone with it because I didn't realize how serious this encounter was. But since I work in a jail and I told a few people about it, it wasn't long before I was paraded into Internal Affairs to tell them my story.
It was approximately 5:15 a.m. in Opelousas, La. I had stayed with a friend there and was on my way to work. I stopped at the Exxon/Blimpie Pie station to get gas. I got $10 gas and a Diet Coke. I took into the store two $5 bills and one $1 bill (just enough to get my stuff). As I pulled away from the store, a man approached my truck from the back side of the store (an unlit area). He was an "approachable-looking" man (clean cut, clean shaven, dressed well, etc.). He walked up to my window and knocked. Since I'm very paranoid and "always looking for the rapist or killer," I didn't open the window ... I just asked what he wanted. He raised a $5 bill to my window and said, "You dropped this." Since I knew I had gone into the store with a certain amount of money, I knew I didn't drop it. When I told him it wasn't mine, he began hitting the window and door, screaming at me to open my door, and insisting that I had dropped the money! At that point, I just drove away as fast as I could. After talking to the Internal Affairs Department and describing the man I saw, and the way he escalated from calm and polite to angry and volatile, it was determined that I could have possibly encountered the serial killer myself. Up to this point, it had been unclear as to how he had gained access to his victims, since there has been no evidence of forced entry into victim's homes, cars, etc. And the fact that he has been attacking in the daytime, when women are less likely to have their guard up, which means he is pretty BOLD. So think about it...what gesture is nicer than returning money to someone that dropped it????? How many times would you have opened your window (or door) to get your money and say thank you, because if the person is kind enough to return something to you, then he can't really be a threat, can he???? Please be cautious! This might not have been the serial killer, but anyone that gets that angry over someone not accepting money from them, can't have honorable intentions. The most important thing to note is that his reaction was NOT WHAT I EXPECTED! A total surprise! But what might have happened if I had opened my door? I shudder to think!
Ladies, really DO forward this to EVERYONE you know. Even if this man wasn't a serial killer, he looked nice, he seemed polite, he was apparently doing an act of kindness, but HE WAS NOT A NICE PERSON!!!

Vicki Jackson
NC Department of Labor
The one and only (thank God!) FEN!
SIMPLY UN-FOOLED AROUND WITH!
fendeesha
Queen

lol

Postby Luthe » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:27 pm

almost as good as the story bout guys selling perfume out of a van and it really being ether and raping women. really ppl need to stop watching so much tv and get back to playing Eq.
Luthe

mm

Postby bill » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:19 pm

ether is thx
bill

Postby Serano » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:00 pm

If he was wearing an X-man club shirt with Wolverine prominatly displayed it might have been me.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:45 pm

These kinds of messages are worse then viruses and spam when passed from one account to another. Use common sense in life.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Teh Serano

Postby Luthe » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:49 pm

That shirt owns , lol, that was great in ventrilo when we were talking bout that.
Luthe

Postby fendeesha » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:53 pm

/rant on

When I first read the replies made by you guys on this thread, I was shocked and angry! Then I realized that none of you have ever been a woman alone at night, approached by a strange male. Now I am just disapointed in you. Every woman out there knows what it's like to be surprised by a strange man, it's dark, there is no one around, and he is likely twice your size. Even if he turns out to be friendly, helpful and otherwise a stand up guy, that initial reaction, the fear, panic, and desire to flee is still there. You think that this post was funny? Go ahead guys, laugh, but tell the women in your lives about it anyway. You may say, yeah, I'd kick his ass, or what ever it is you guys say to yourselves, but honestly, what would you have said if your mom/sister/girlfreind/wife came home and told you that this had happened to them? I am disappointed by your attitudes and your replies.

/rant off
fendeesha
Queen

Postby Serano » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:01 pm

No - I am serious. if he was wearing an Xman shirt and it was in a dennys parking lot about 540 in the morning I think it was me.

In regards to the other peoples reply - here is what they were thinking but might not have spent the time to say. There are tons of urban legends out there that have spread via email - in the same form that virus warnings have spread by email about fake viruses where the chain letter is itself a form of virus a hoax propagating itself by chain letter format and passed on by well meanign people that are unfortunatly naive to the subculture of email hoaxes. Reading this story - it reads with the same credibility as many of thes urban legends, email hoaxes etc. similar to the story in our humor section recently in regards to the General that remarked to the female reporter about her being equiped to be a hooker.

So that is why you got such ho hum responces. those of us that have been on the net too long can spot a chainmail hoax amile away and this has all the earmarks of one.

I wanted to pass it along. Be safe! This is something very serious to pay attention to.

Ladies, really DO forward this to EVERYONE you know.
Serano
Officer

Postby Serano » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:09 pm

Serano
Officer

Postby fendeesha » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:14 pm

Regardless of the BELIEVABILITY of the letter, to which I think I said it may or may not be true, the reality of women getting attacked and raped/killed is EXTREMELY real! If there was even a hint of truth about that being a ploy to get a woman to open her car door, then it was worth the effort to pass it on. As to you testosterone driven, net weary men, all I can say is BAH!

And Serano, I can see you trying to return money to someone who dropped it, but would you become aggressive if they DIDN'T take it? C'mon...
fendeesha
Queen

Postby Serano » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:17 pm

there was this one time when I found a nickle that a woman droped. after I chased her to her car - and she sped off - I jumped in my van and followed her until sunrise. she never answered her door at her house no matter how long I beat on it. I left when I heard the sirens.
Serano
Officer

Postby fendeesha » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:20 pm

And at the end of the site linked by you Serano:

Although this tale should be taken with a grain of salt, it's always a good idea to stay alert, be aware of your surroundings, and notify authorities if you witness suspect activity. Don't believe all you hear, but also don't complacently conclude that because you've received an e-mail saying a killer is luring victims with a 'dropped' $5 bill or trailing them out of stores, you need not be wary of unusual situations that follow a different script.
fendeesha
Queen

Postby Kiranna » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:24 pm

The main thing here though is that this stuff Does happen everyday. I think there might have been different responses to this thread if she maybe left out the part that this was emailed to her. But it is very scary to go anywhere these days alone as a woman. And yea ignoring everything we hear on TV/internet might sound like the most logical thing do to, so we women dont all get worked up then you guys have to listen to us. But its not, yea it frightens me more to hear about these stories but better to be prepared in my opinion than not.

Ok Im done now.
Kiranna

Postby fendeesha » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:26 pm

/sister love
fendeesha
Queen

Postby Kiranna » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:30 pm

Guys just dont get it I guess. They arent afraid of getting raped <would prolly enjoy it =p> And as for anything else, well most just think they are invincible.
Kiranna

Next

Return to Open Chat