3rd Floor Ssra Temple

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

3rd Floor Ssra Temple

Postby bill » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:42 pm

I got a quick question since I have never tried this:

Is the 3rd floor single groupable by TF or am I looking at 12 ppl minimum?

I realize i need crowd control and pacification, tankage and healing and DPS.

I'm thinking, would one consider the 3rd floor mobs to be harder than the trash in the Purifying Plant Sewer Trial #1?
bill

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:45 pm

imo, no. With slower, tank, heals, and dps.

Crown control would help....roots / mezzez work fine.
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

ok

Postby bill » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:49 pm

I can't read minds so I have to ask Zyzz, which question were you answering "no" to?

No we can't single group them or no they aren't as hard as Trial #1 mobs?
bill

Postby Serano » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:57 pm

I don't know about the comparison question.

But to answer are they single groupable - the answer is YES.

HOWEVER - it is FAR more efficient to do with more than one group. I was a pretty staunch advocate of doing all key parts in SSRA with one group instead of raid - cause I did that room with one group once before a long time ago - the thing is that one time - we never got one of the generals or other nameds just the plow mobs - now while they were tough my one group was able to do them.

BUT when we take a raid to get insignias - you can really mow down enough mobs to actually get some insignias to drop. When we got down to like 15 peeps one time the kills on the nameds took a LONG time - hence the more there for plow the better imo - in order to get the hard drop for key.

But If I am not in a hollows or LDON or raid : Ssra keys is about where I need to live.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Insignias

Postby Goofydoofy » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:41 pm

It can be done with one group. But, keep in mind you are not going to mez the adds when you break in. You want a FD puller or two to do this. Once you open the door to the chamber, your going to get at least two mobs on that person opening the door. Which is going to be a Rogue I think. Might not need one. I can't remember if the door is locked or not. Pretty sure it is.

If it is, count on the Rogue dying and then the FD puller picking up the pull. Maybe a second FD puller to tag, in case you get the full pull on the tag. Once you have broken into the room, just make a left turn past the door and set up in the corner. Now your good to go. Single pulling around the room and thats it. The named are a lot tougher then the regular mobs, who are tough as it is. Can't slow the named. Not sure if you can slow the regular mobs.

With the right group, it can be done...But, it will be done very slowly. With a raid force, you can spawn named like there is no tomorrow. I think there are like 3-4 named which spawn in the room. So, the more you kill, the more chances for a named to spawn. Every named always drops a insignia. With one group, you could be there awhile.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Ozzy » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:45 pm

Anyone up for working on this on Wednesday? I'm willing to camp it all night.
Ozzy

aye

Postby bill » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:17 pm

I've read that the Generals and Arbiters have TONS and TONS of HP so they take forever to kill with a single group if at all.

Thx for the input guys. I was not worrying so much about breaking the 3rd floor with a single group as much as wondering if I would have to call off the event if our numbers dipped below two groups.

All good info to know, thx again )

Oh and you are right Goof, need a rogue to open that door.
bill

Postby Serano » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:27 pm

yes when we got down to under 2 groups it took tons and tons of time to kill them.
Serano
Officer

Postby Calthine Faeriesong » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:36 am

Is the 3rd floor single groupable by TF or am I looking at 12 ppl minimum?

You mean TF can't muster 12 peeps on a non-raid night???
/boggle
Calthine Faeriesong
--------------
"Vengance is counterproductive, always. Not to mention the fact it gets your soul all sticky." Lady Sally McGee
Calthine Faeriesong
Lurker

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:17 am

the generals are the ones who are semi raid hits...some have 300-500k hp......but their damage output is low. So they are long fights.

The non-named on 3rd floor are hard but nothing like the Trash in the powerplant trials. Those mobs hit much harder.
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Serano » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:24 am

You mean TF can't muster 12 peeps on a non-raid night???
/boggle

I think the question is whether 12 people feel like the time investment other than exping on a non raid night.
Serano
Officer

Powerplant Mobs

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:37 am

Is everybody supposed to know what those mobs are? I've personally never heard of them so I'd guess there are others who can't place that reference.
Goofydoofy

3rd floor snakes!

Postby Kenak » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:21 am

What we in Vantage did was make a raid night out of it. Start with a bare minimum to get things going (18 to make it easy) and have a mage+wizard. CoH people as they log in/come to the raid.

The General and Arbiter are just long fights, nothing more. Best to make it a long day event so you can get as many out of the way as possible.

I found C2 harder to get cause getting to 2nd floor without pacify/FD is a bitch =P But I reccommend as soon as you get a rog, wiz, and mag online you go get insignias.
Kenak

Boogle

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:28 am

Did someone say Vantage?
Goofydoofy

hehe

Postby bill » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:33 am

yeah goof I hear they are looking for druids ;)

Yeah good point Kenak. I'd like to run somethin like that but I haven't been able to get the time to run it when something isn't already going on.

As for Cal...I am really just chatting about what would be needed to start and what crew is needed to maintain the event. /shrug

I've been trying to make time to lead a raid but lately it just hasn't been in the stars for me.

We tried to make a go last night but just didn't have enough interest. We did go farm Comm2 tho, Grats on your ring-piece Zorbazs!
bill

Next

Return to Open Chat