OUCH!

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

OUCH!

Postby Kaylar » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:11 am

For those of you that have kids, you will understand this.

Our darling daughter is learning how to walk. Yesterday she decided to try and take a few step. She wasn't to far from the end table. What she didn't realize is that her pants that she was wearing were a little to long for her legs. (mom here forgot to roll them up some) She got her first step and then another. When she got to the third step she came crashing down onto the end table. It happened so fast that I didn't reach her in time and her poor face it the table. When I picked her up she had a bruise under her right eye and a 3 little scratches., which bleed forever. She now has her first blackeye. Talk about scaring me to death though. I know there are many more to come. Murphy's law does come into play here. She did this 2 hours before she was suppose to get her Christmas pictures taken. It never fails.
Kaylar

Postby Calthine Faeriesong » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:35 pm

Welcome to the banged-up phase! Drake's given himself about a dozen black eyes, and once banged his lip so hard against his teeth I thought it was cut through. Talk about Mommy Panic!! Glad to hear she's okay, though.

Don't worry about the pictures, most places are all digital and can fix that, lol.
Calthine Faeriesong
--------------
"Vengance is counterproductive, always. Not to mention the fact it gets your soul all sticky." Lady Sally McGee
Calthine Faeriesong
Lurker

Postby Kaylar » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:48 pm

I'm not sure if they can do that where I was going to take her. (Sears) I called and cancelled the appointment. The lady asked me if I wanted to reschedule and I said yes,but I wanted to wait and see how long it took for it to go away. I'm hoping a couple of weeks at least. I just didn't want to take a chance on them not being able to do that. And the lady never said anything to me about it.
Kaylar

Postby Skel » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:00 pm

Speaking as a former Wal-Mart PhotoLAb employee, if you get WRITTEN permission from Sears photog, you can take the photos to Wal-Mart and either a) edit yourself or b) ask nicely and have them edit for you

Or you can just scan em, send em to me, and have me Photoshop em ... but would lose the glossy print option there.

Wal-Mart Photo is okay .. but they're seriously anal about the written permission thing, so make sure you've got a signed form or it's illegal and they yell at you :P
Skel

Postby Calthine Faeriesong » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:34 pm

Sears is all digital. As a matter of fact, there's someway to let the relatives buy the pics online directly from Sears.
Calthine Faeriesong
--------------
"Vengance is counterproductive, always. Not to mention the fact it gets your soul all sticky." Lady Sally McGee
Calthine Faeriesong
Lurker

Postby Aboobaka » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:35 pm

Yeah, heard it from Azzy last nite. Youngsters and endtables, the ongoing battle. Good thing about these accidents that children have, is that they don't weigh enough to injure themselves too badly. Remember when you could play tackle football back in Elementary School? I couldn't imagine trying to do that today. I will stand strong against wearing helmets on a bicycle though. :razz
Aboobaka

Postby fendeesha » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:19 pm

You should see Trey's head! He has scratches, bruises and bumps all over his poor little face! His Grandpa was proudly showing them off to a lady at the car wash this morning... LOL
The one and only (thank God!) FEN!
SIMPLY UN-FOOLED AROUND WITH!
fendeesha
Queen

Postby Champion Flogger » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:40 pm

Yup yup...and it will continue. Drake has been walking for a while, but still tumbles a lot. Kids get excited and forget to watch where they are going or even to pick up their feet.

All you can do is be there to kiss the owwies away... :guitar
[URL=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=297660] PRALLIC PUREEDGE
Epic Knight[/url]
Champion Flogger
Lurker

Postby Kaylar » Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:29 pm

Aboobaka wrote:Remember when you could play tackle football back in Elementary School?

OMG YES! I remember those days. lol

Aboobaka wrote:I couldn't imagine trying to do that today.

There is no doubt in my mind, I would end up with a broken leg or arm for sure. lol

Aboobaka wrote:I will stand strong against wearing helmets on a bicycle though.

I'm totally for it. Even though I lived through it and never wore a helmet. Banged my knees up pretty good, but I'm not scared for life either. lol :razz
Kaylar

Postby Calthine Faeriesong » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:01 pm

Helmets on bicycles: we were required to wear them loooong before it was the trend (we wore youth hocky helmets). Why? A friend of my Mom's had a daughter who's bike got caught on railroad tracks and the fall resulted in total paralysis of her left side. She recovered extremely well, but to this day is 90% paralyzed on that side.

Watching Paula cope allowed me to take the teasing (pre-helmets for all, remember) with a lot more fortitude.
Calthine Faeriesong
--------------
Calthine Faeriesong
Lurker

Postby Skel » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:27 pm

Kids don't get broken bones as much as adults in equally dangerous activities because their bones are still all squishy. Children's bones are still mostly cartilage and therefore a lot more flexible than adult bones (changes in pre-teen).

Kinda makes me wish for flexi-skeleton.

*sigh* just one of those know-it-all moments from Professor Skel, sorry 'bout that.
Skel

Postby Morbier » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:03 pm

Awwhhhh....baby's first black eye.

Cherish these moments.
Morbier
Lurker

Postby Kaylar » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:44 pm

I have pictures to prove it too. Had to get some blackmail evedints(misspelled that) for when she gets older. lol
Kaylar

Return to Open Chat