Final 1.5 hit

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Postby phishn00 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:30 pm

/shrug It was a first attempt on a new and difficult mob. If I try it it again, I'll know to a) have a rampage tank/assigned healer, and b) bring along a lot more dps. Yopie (who could be the nicest guy in eq) offered to tank for us again as long as we can give him some warning as to when the hit will be. I personally know of 8 necros on our server who have done the hit, and I seriously doubt there are many more who have completed it. It is still a very new mob, obviously still being tweaked by SOE, so there is a definite lack of information out there about it. So again, I am sorry that I didn't have the full info. So now that we know what we're up against, here is what we would need if anyone wanted to try it again.

- well geared main tank and rampage tank
- min 5 clerics, 2 druids
- min 20-30 dps depending on level.

If anyone is still interested in doing this, please shoot me a tell, and I'll try to set something up again.
phishn00

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:41 pm

<--- Cleric gtg
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Bilnick » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:42 pm

1. Quit apologizing for the wipe on the first attempt. It was the hardest hitting mob most in TF have seen. It wasn't the first time TF has wiped to a raid mob either. :)

2. Set up round 2, if I am online I will be there. :thumbup
Bilnick
Officer

aye

Postby bill » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:22 pm

yeah shit goes wrong. it ALWAYS goes wrong, even when it really shouldn't. not 100% of the time, but definitely not 0% either hehe.

I am glad to help as long as I can! I learned some lessons last night.
bill

Postby Serano » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:27 pm

seriously tho - what happens - do we just kill the guy and that is it? or is there more to the script? honestly I am dumb as wood when it comes to oow quests.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby phishn00 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:40 pm

Sorry Ser, I should have been more clear on this. The lower level version of Tarlang is always up in NC. Low lvl version is not kos. Necro hails him (must have done the rest of the epic beforehand), and the lvl 75 version spawns. Take him out, he drops his head, I turn it in, and get epic 1.5 in return.
phishn00

Postby Serano » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:43 pm

ah so we can redo this anytime we have the right force then? cool
Serano
Officer

Postby Ophidion » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:06 pm

that's the point, if you read the thread, they're saying that they made the necro and shaman 1.5s harder to match the difficulty of the others.

Shaman epic has always been the easiest even 1.0 could be done in 8 hours with all the mobs up. I think my 1.5 took about 4 days (5-8 hours /day) with anywhere from myself to 3 other people.. only needed a "raid" for the last "hit" and even that was overkill.
As for researching mobs for hits... Allakhazam is your best friend. I got this information from just looking at his page:
(btw he is lvl 73)

Effects Used:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spell Info: Caustic Atmosphere PB AE 150', Poison (-150)
1: Decrease Spell Haste by 25%
2: Decrease Attack Speed by 25%
3: Decrease HP when cast by 550
4: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spell Info: Chaos Claws Single Target, Chromatic (-150)
1: Increase Poison Counter by 9
2: Decrease HP when cast by 20 (L1) to 710 (L70)
3: Hitpoints unknown calc: 126 range: 10 -> 0

However, mob hits pretty hard (max hit around 3200). Partially slowable, rampages, and enrages.
4 Cleric CH chain works fine, 5 clerics if your tank is not 11K+ raid buffed
Lots of hps - is a 10 minute fight with 4 groups of time/GoD equipped peeps. Does rampage but nothing to worry about just have spot healers in groups to heal people who take hits
Lots and lots of DPS...go
Hey everybody! I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt, and my butt smells, and I like to kiss my own butt.
-- Ophidion

http://eq.testmagelo.com/profile/645186
Ophidion
The Retard Patrol

Postby phishn00 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:37 am

Heh yet again, research was not the problem... everything you posted is in the Quest discussion of this website, and was told to everyone who attended the raid. The only difference we saw was soe fixed the rampage bug. I did see the post you quoted, and a similar one on eq necro. Yet I read dozens and dozens of posts who said no one was hit by rampage. I spoke with 15 or 20 of the top necros and clerics on the server, and all said no one was getting hit by rampage. What would you believe? Oh, before you answer that, go to alla and throw in a search for "i solo'd quarm" and see how many hits you come up with. Best resource will always be people you know and have been there before, unfortunately soe changed/corrected the encounter this time.
phishn00

Postby Ophidion » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:39 am

Best resource will always be people you know and have been there before

I have to disagree, while this is a very good source of knowledge, unless the people that did the hit were of the same AA/level/gear as your characters, your own personal experience is the best resouce for information.
Hey everybody! I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt, and my butt smells, and I like to kiss my own butt.
-- Ophidion

Ophidion
The Retard Patrol

Postby Serano » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:44 am

OMG - I agree with oph.

best resource prior to doing encounter is what you can get. The more info the better. But until you have done it yourself a few times your knowledge will be shaky. That said - there are plenty of encounters that we have beat the first time attempting them with poor to great resources - and on the flip other encounters that are thourougly researched and known and still can kick our ass.

but - obviously once you have done it - personal experiance is best. I mean --- I can run X hits from kunark / Velious era in my sleep. There aren't many players that know sky better than me. too bad none of that info is useful! heh heh.
Serano
Officer

hehe

Postby bill » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:29 pm

ser, it helps us create new strats using ideas that Time forgot! :jester
bill

Postby phishn00 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:18 pm

Best resource will always be people you know and have been there before

/sigh obviously meant for the first time you try an encounter. The only question on this mob was whether the rampage would hit anyone. Unless the bug was really screwy, gear/lvl/aa would not affect this. We're not talking about strats or anything else here, just a simple black and white question. In this situation, I went and will always go by people I can confirm know what they're talking about. Yes, I did read alla, eq necro, googled tarlang, and nearly all the posts there confirmed rampage didn't hit anyone. If you want to tell everyone I spoke with from Triality, Agony and AE that they don't know what they're talking about, go ahead. In the end, I'm going to take those people's word over a random poster on alla any day.
phishn00

Postby Ophidion » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:16 pm

your first mistake was not contacting EoTD since they are much > AE obviously =)
-- Ophidion

Ophidion
The Retard Patrol

Previous

Return to Open Chat