Final 1.5 hit

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Final 1.5 hit

Postby phishn00 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:19 pm

After many, many long hours, I'm finally down to the last hit for my epic 1.5. I'm going to try to get the hit done Sunday night (the 7th) at 8pm est. Everyone who is able to come would be much appreciated. The mob is Tarlang, in Noble's Causeway. I'd like to get as many groups up as possible, so everyone who would like to is more than welcome to attend. Thanks everyone, and hope to see you then.

P.S. There will be punch and pie served after.
phishn00

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:29 pm

Ahhh Iam pissed I cannot make it. GF's parents are up visiting this weekend.

Good fucking luck ALL, maybe you can get Jah to Bish Box Zyzz :P
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Serano » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:00 pm

this isn't going to be that summoned pie crap? cause if that pie is summoned I am going to be pissed. that crap tastes like paper. Sure it has the texture of regular pie but there is no flavor. don't disapoint.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Hit

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:42 pm

I should be online then. Send me a tell if you want my help.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby phishn00 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:36 am

Thanks Goof, would love to have ya. You have always been a great guy and a kick ass player. Gonna try to mobo at around 7:30, will shoot you a tell then
phishn00

Postby Serano » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:20 am

When you research your own hit - it helps to really make sure that the people there know what you have found.

Last night I don't know if there was another go - I had to log after the first wipe. The first mob we fought was a rampaging mob. Which means that if there is not a predesignated ramp tank - you will lose people one by one until a cleric gets rampage, and then the MT dies then the remaining clerics. For thos of you that don't know ramp read about it here.

http://www.tribalfury.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2828

I don't know what was supposed to happen after we killed the one mob - if there was another one that spawned after or if he was the only fight. But I think we may have had the right force for it, but had to have a healing rehearsal before engage.

Healing rehearsal has to include the appropriate healers for ramp tank. The best way to get the ramp tanks set is to have the ramp tank engage before the Main tank - and then have the alt ramp tank engage right after the main tank -- all three of them want to engage at near simultaneous times - vs a non perma rooted ramping mob. either way --- I don't think the shamen and druids were expecting that they were going to be healing the ramp tanks - nor do I think we had one planed. Really - I think that was a key factor in the first fight I was there for last night.

If you guys rallyed and won- grats --- but I had to log. Maybe I am a grognard - but I would have liked more info on the hit either in RSay or here before we started the event tho.
Serano
Officer

serano

Postby Luthe » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:39 am

i agree with you it was only said in the tfheal chat there was a chain of 4 seconds? but even as i typed in an asked what the chain order was they started attacking. ? i gated and made it out as most of the tanks were dead, but i was fool enough to attempt to run back and try to res ppl at the camp and i got owned ~ which killed bout another hour for doing cr , summoning bodies and doing resses

Edit ~ If there isnt any real ramp i watched two other cleric's go down , forsaker,sinadar. and a few others thats when i figured cut my losses.
we will try again. more prepared now that we are armed with knowledge.
Last edited by Luthe on Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luthe

Postby phishn00 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:15 pm

I can only go with what I've read and what I've heard from other necros who have done the hit. All of these quotes come from eq necro.

We did him twice. First time for me we had 3 clerics and a few druids for spot heals, and a 13k ish tank. Had 24 people total. He died within 5mins.
Second time we killed him 25 mins later (thats his timer) for second necro with us (Odox) we had 12-14 peeps maybe, 3 clerics I think, and a few spots healers. 3 cleric chain held for 20mins it took to kill him the second time just fine. My best tip? Get a very well geared tank and go to town on him no matter how long he takes to kill. Remember, MW works on him.

Since it's a straight up beatdown fight without real rampage, there is only one thing that is key and that is what AC your tank has. Our two clerics (one of which was botted) just alternated CH and weren't anywhere close to oom.

The rampage is bugged or fake, no one gets hit by it.

While the rampage message comes up, it has been posted repeatedly that the rampage does not actually hit anyone. This may have been changed in the last patch, I don't know. There have not been posts since then. Other necros I have spoken with on our server all said that no one was hit by rampage.

We did him on a.ro with 11 time geared players.

The problem was not that we didn't have the tank, or the healing power. We just had 0 dps. Everyone agrees that if we had another couple groups of dps, the mob would have went down. I should have said screw it before we even started the plow. I just figured that since we actually had one of the top warriors on the server there to help us out, we could at least give it a try. And yes, the original plan was to do a ch chain. Then Lasherr, who has done the hit multiple times, said that quick heals were more effective the times she has done it. That was announced in tfheal at least once, I am sorry if you missed it. Basically, I'm sorry to have wasted everyone's time. It won't happen again.
phishn00

Postby Serano » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:59 pm

well - don't want you to NOT plan a new hit for it. I want to beat the mob - I just didn't know jack about it.

There is something else going on in that encounter if the rampage message is faked. That proc or cast is pretty bad. I was at about 6300 hit points when I was hit by chaos something - and I droped to one bubble of health. I know I wasn't on rampage - because I engaged after all the healers had prolly healed at least once.

mansha or laythorn had yorick on their target bar and was going to heal him as he called he was rampage tank --- and he went from full health to zero with one hit of the aoe or the rampage.

So I just dont' know the encounter. We did however have 3 rangers and at least 1 wizard that I noted - there was mage there --- that is just from memory - the rest seemed to be plate or leather melee classes if they weren't a priest - so maybe DPS classes were low. I did NOT trueshot - due to not being sure of the encounter - I was pretty sure just before engage that invis said that the encounnter was us killing this guy then the real guy spawned - so I figured Ibetter save TS for that.

Regardless - I am pretty sure that a cleric died before the main tank did. That is what did us in I believe. So what we need to figure out in order to win the event, is what to do to keep the clerics out of range of the aoe - or if the dead cleric got rampaged. If it is a rampage issue - then we just need to get two tanks - one for ramp one to be the real tank --- and I think we should be good - the AOE also seemed to be pretty bad.

I recently did a double hit on the Wizard 1.5 final hit - and AD got a dozen rangers and wizard/mages to kill the guy from max range. I think that aoe of the guy was doing us in if it wasn't rampage. So prolly plan this fight the same way --- get the 10 - 12 players that are DPS guys aand the heal chain is out of range of the aoe and we should be good to go. If the ramp message is fake - so be it - All I know was that people that were not the tank were taking damage - and when you have tha t- you will die/ lose prolly.

look at everything I said thru the point of view that I don't know squat about GOD or OOW --- my head is still full of kunark, velious and luclin crap.
Serano
Officer

Postby coldencynikel » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:15 pm

I'm sorry I left in a hurry and missed the hit Invisus, I had family issues and had to camp immediately.
I wanted to mention that I have read elsewhere that Shaman and Necromancer epic 1.5s were being nerfed. Here's the post from eqlive http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/boa ... 3430#M3430
As time permits, we are evaluating the comparitive difficulty of the epic quests. Shaman and Necromancer have already been addressed on Test.
-Prathun (SOE developer)

Is it possible that the nerf bat has already struck?
Colden
coldencynikel

Postby sumven » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:12 pm

I am doubting that it is a nerf, the shaman and necro epic 1.5s are probably the two easiest to get. The mage epic on the otherhand is way harder than the others, especially the last hit.
sumven

Postby coldencynikel » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:36 pm

that's the point, if you read the thread, they're saying that they made the necro and shaman 1.5s harder to match the difficulty of the others.
coldencynikel

=(

Postby bill » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:41 am

I tried twice to catch up. Wish i knew I couldn't make it hehe, sorry guys.
bill

Postby sumven » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:58 pm

My bad i didnt read the post, i figured when you said nerfed you meant they were going to make it easier to get. But yeah, It would be best to finish it soon in case they do make it harder. If im not raiding let me know and ill help.
sumven

Postby Morbier » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:49 pm

I will ask a couple necros I know that have completed this recently and relay the info on this hit. As always, send a tell if you can use me.
Morbier
Lurker

Next

Return to Open Chat