Naiku is retiring from Everquest

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Naiku is retiring from Everquest

Postby naiku » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:08 am

As some of you may have noticed, I haven't logged into Everquest in a few weeks. Others of you may have no earthly idea who I am, other than that my name is on the Guild Roster, and you likely wondered if I actually really existed, or if I was just the figment of someone's imagination.

I've been playing Everquest off and on for about 4 years. I remember the days of running all the way to Butcherblock (and often dying on the way to those wandering goblins), where I could buy small molds for banded armor. I remember grouping with several other Wood Elves and going on an epic-sized quest all the way to Steamfont Mountains, where we heard that you could buy "Sharpening Stones" that would make our rusty weapons more effective. I remember the awe, when I heard of other Rangers who had actually travelled all the way to Antonica to get a fire beetle eye so that they could cast Flame Lick. Those were the days of true adventure.

To make a long story even longer, I've gotten older, moved to a new state, taken a new step in my career, and my life has changed. So, I find myself starting some new things, and giving up some old things. I'm sad to say that Everquest is one of the things that I've chosen to give up.

My heart is sad as I write this, and part of me is reluctant to leave. But as they say, "All good things must come to an end."

So I thank everyone in the guild for giving me more fond memories in Everquest. And a special thanks to Uilea for introducing me to Tribal Fury. I hope that in a small way, I helped to make the guild a better place in the time that I was able to participate.

I wish you all the best of luck, and thank you again for allowing me to be a part of you.

Best Regards,

Naiku Dragontamer
65 Bard, retired

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved." -- William Jennings Bryan
naiku

Postby Aboobaka » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:07 am

Take it easy Niaku, glad to have met you.
Aboobaka

Postby kunglao » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:53 am

Take care, Naiku ... although I vaguely remember you, yours is a story I relate with. The memories ... I tried to retire once ... but the bastards brought me back in. As our resident Ranjadin always says, take the time you need, be it brief or final, but don't delete your characters .... 'cause sometimes you just never know .... ( ok, so not a direct quote, but Serano's general speech for those that take a leave of absence :wavey )
Brother Kunglao Jones
65 Transcendent of Vazaelle, (retired)

World of Warcraft
Otoahhastis, 70 Tauren Druid
Quinlan, 70 Troll Rogue
Vankman, 70 Tauren Shaman

EQ2 - Mistmoore Server
Schfifty Fyve, 32 Warden
Kunglao Jones (reborn), 24 Monk
kunglao

Highscores: 1

Postby Serano » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:18 am

can I have your stuff?

Seriously tho, Good luck in EQ2.

Ok, seriously - have fun in WOW.

damn... ok seriously here folks - stop by some time and let us know how you are doing 3-6-12 months from now.

Fair Paths
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Kiranna » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:27 am

Aww Naiku :cry Im sorry to hear your quitting. I will miss you hun =) Take care of yourself and maybe I will talk to you some time again.
Kiranna

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:25 am

GL out there, stop in here for a good ole lurking from time to time
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby fendeesha » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:01 pm

Braver than me Naiku! I keep threatening to quit, and have even managed to stay away awhile, but I just don't have the guts to quit! My character is like a favored child, and I have put so much time and energy into her, I can't imagine what you are going through to have to give that up.
The one and only (thank God!) FEN!
SIMPLY UN-FOOLED AROUND WITH!
fendeesha
Queen

Postby naiku » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:51 pm

Kiranna??? You're in TF now???

Well... poo. If I had known that you had joined recently, I probably would have stayed in the guild, just to see you again! :) After all, it's not every day that one comes across a woman who is both as lovely and as deadly as you. I mean, what more could a man want? :love

/emote begins to regret his decision... ](*,)

Naiku
naiku

Postby Kiranna » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:20 pm

Still the charmer =) Maybe dont quit completely and just pop in once in awhile. Im still not playing as much as Id like to but at least I can play a little now. I dont want to talk you out of quitting of course, I think its great that you can get yourself to do it. Because its hard, especially if you have friends in game. But I would still like to talk to ya sometimes, I misses you =) And all the singing you used to do ;)
Kiranna

Postby Malcore » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:22 pm

Don't worry.. your characters and your account will always be available to be re-enabled if you get the itch. Masakre proved that to me many moons ago...

Take care!

- Mal
Malcore

Postby Uilea » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:02 am

Aww, Nai :sad:

I'm gonna miss you
Uilea

hmm

Postby bill » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:11 pm

stayed in the guild

whoa, are you deguilding or quitting eq?

Take care either way, was nice knowing you )
bill

Return to Open Chat