a lil good news maybe

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Postby Serano » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:03 pm

Right on. Making flagging easier destroys the integrity of the game itself. They never should have removed the flag requirements from Tier2 zones in the first place.

its no secret that fnord and I are on opposite sides of the fence on this one.

I don't think there should have been flag requirements in the first place so removing them is fine.

In fact I think the only POP flags they should have had and should leave in are the "KEYS" Torment, volor, time and bot keys. there might be more - but all flags are the devil and do not match the rest of the game.

Kunark, velious, luclin all had one keyed zone that only a raid could get you access too (ok ST can get into without a raid). OOW is a return to that kind of expansion - yea!

Die PooP.

Serano
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Bilnick » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:03 pm

Fnord Shoggothslayer wrote:They never should have removed the flag requirements from Tier2 zones in the first place.

There should have never been any flag for ANY zones in PoP, except for Plane of Time. The whole "progression" through PoP is lame. Seems Sony actually listened to the majority of players with OoW and made a fine expansion.

I have to agree with Kung though, I have been playing EQ for 3 plus years and have enjoyed all of it. I can't think of any videogame I have played in the last 25 years I have played as much.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:11 pm

iam right there with ya Bil. EQ has not only sucked my ass in like brand new leather Lazy-Boy, it has also kept me comming back for more since 2001.

ALL other games aside from " Kings Bounty " an old sega Gen rpg, has kept me keep playing.

Actually aside form the old classics, EQ has the most game time. Maybe thats the differance.

112 days played here

But yea, FUCK flags.

" Makes the game play to strict IMO "

NEEDING 45+ ppl to accomplish GETTING into a zone is retarded.

Part of the EQ psychology teams inicitive to mez ppl to keep on playing~ and keep on paying~
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Flagging

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:19 pm

I've been trying to help us get there for well over a year. And I will continue to do so. But as history shows, that could possibly take until I die to get there. I'd like to have the option to go to zones I paid for without having to go to a guild which will carry me there. I've earned every key in this game almost, or am working on it. I see no reason why that shouldn't be the same way for any other zone they want to limit. Blocking off half of a expansion to the majority of the players is completely idiotic in my mind.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Serano » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:41 pm

The following is my reply in a thread discussing this topic on everquests hosted veteren's lounge: THe point is - that the content locking of pop is not what I like:

releasing an expansion with 78% of the content locked at realease was not the best move an online company has made to date. When PoP was released you could only zone into POtranq, PoKnow, PoJ, PoN, and PoD with no flagging accomplished. So on release day 5 of 22 zones could be accessed. 22%.

Later they changed it allowing 55s into several zones and 62s into a couple more. Without doing any raid hits but being level 62, you still can not zone into tactics, sol ro, the elementals nor time nor any B zones (which are typically progression related). so that is about 10 zones out of 22 that you can't zone into without any flagging.

woah. that is only 55% of the expansion that is available to you if you do not attend a single raid event. Wow. I wonder if there is any other game out there that has an expansion with 45 percent of the content unavailable for a non raider?

So here we are 2 years later, 45 % of pop can not be accessed by someone not being raided in or as a non raider. Odd. Ok - aparently there are quest accesses for Tactics (and sol ro?) that would be 2 more. so make that 37%. still... that is odd. Consider that on release, 100% of Original game could be zoned into (other than any bugs), all of Kunark could be zoned into without a raid except for Veeshan's peak(2 other keyed zones that were essentially soloable + ). ON release, all but 1 zone in Velious could be zoned into(PoM essentially not accessable but not locked either like ST was). ON release all but one zone in Luclin could be zoned into. Odd direction with POP and GoD imo. Ow went back to the old model - all but one zone is available upon purchase! WTG SOE!

Ranger Serano
Tribal Fury
Vazaelle
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

hahaha

Postby bill » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:50 pm

SeranoMath (tm) inc!

You forgot the plane of innovation in your math models =p
bill

Forgot

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:08 pm

Forgot PoT and PoK also.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Fnord Shoggothslayer » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:59 pm

Why is it a good thing? You tired of not being able to get into the zones you paid for? I know I am.

I don't know about you, but I paid for entertainment, not for specific zone access. I believe that there absolutely should be locked content - unlocked by accomplishing specific tasks. Thats what makes it a "quest" and not a random_zone_plow_for_uber_loot_01. I view wide open access with the same disdain as I do cheat codes in console games.

Now, in the case of PoP, I don't necessarily agree with the implementation of the locked content. Nothing should take 72 people to accomplish in my opinion. But thats just me.
Fnord Shoggothslayer

Postby Aboobaka » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:39 pm

Sigh, quests. Here I am playing a game called Everquest, and I am so not motivated to do quests. :razz
Aboobaka

Previous

Return to Open Chat