Postby Morbier » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:59 pm

if this goes live i think it would be nice

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/boa ... redir=true
Morbier
Lurker

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:24 pm

no real detail into the actual process.

But hella cool idea.

I get a balizzion tells for EP grps and help need on this and that raid, but no EP kills that offer fast.

Tons of cynical ppl will be ranting after this goes live, if it ever does.
Last edited by Zyzzerzazz on Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Back Flagging

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:24 pm

Yep.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Serano » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:34 pm

Glad you brought this up, mouse-bane.
Not only are we looking into this, we're in the process of implementing backflag quests for Planes of Power and Gates right now. Just yesterday I had players from Test run through the first version of the Gates backflagging quest and got their feedback.
These will go live as soon as they're done and ready, and they should ease much of the backflag burden.

I dunno - doesn't sound that promising.

the rest of that message is just players.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Malcore » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:33 pm

zyzzerzazz wrote:Tons of cynical ppl will be ranting after this goes live, if it ever does.

I don't think Goof will wait for it to go live.

:)

- Mal
Malcore

Goof

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:21 pm

BAMM!
Goofydoofy

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:43 am

lol WOW tough crowd~
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Skel » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:48 am

Can you really blame us? After all the promises and false hopes and rushed, overpriced merchandise we've been hit with over the past 5 years, is it any wonder people DON'T believe SoE when they say they're "working" on a problem? Call me a cynic but i'd bet anything this post was for appeasment only and this little project will be shelved in hopes that gamers will forget it exists.

I can think of a dozen in-game issues that are as important or MORE important than guild backflagging but this response was so vague, i take it to be a "sit down and shut up" move from the devs rather than an actual attempt to figure out a solution.

Tough crowd? If it involves actually trusting Sony to do something useful to improve their cash cow game, HELL YES we're gonna be skeptical. I'll believe it when i see it, until then SoE can kiss my ass.
Skel

Postby Calthine Faeriesong » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:05 am

Skel's right. Just look how long it took Sony to address serious issues, like STACKING FIRE BEETLE EYES!
Calthine Faeriesong
--------------
"Vengance is counterproductive, always. Not to mention the fact it gets your soul all sticky." Lady Sally McGee
Calthine Faeriesong
Lurker

Postby Malcore » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:22 pm

They really should have just left the Fire Bettle thing alone because at this point it's MORE of an embarrassment to go back and fix it.

With the rash of new games coming out in the near future, I am sure the EQ ppl are in a mad rush to accomodate as many 'helpful' things as possible, but will it be too little too late?

- Mal
Malcore

Postby kunglao » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:48 pm

Everytime I hear the bashing of SOE, or in the past, Verant, I have to laugh. If the game is that bugged, or that out of balance, or that disappointing, how the hell do they have 500,000 people playing the game ? You still pay your $14/month to play, right ?
So if they say they're working on it, I'm sure they are. It may not be priority, and may have only one person looking into it. So what. Enjoy the game and think how incredible it really is. How many MMORPG's have tried to follow in EQ's footsteps and failed ? I doubt any other pay per month online game has this kind of player base. I got upset when so many changes happened to make monks obsolete, but didn't start bashing them, because I adapted to the changes. Now monks are finding new homes in OoW from what I hear. Cool beans.

My idea of SOE ? :pimping: Because they created a highly enjoyable, yet addictive game. I tried to leave ... but the bastards sucked me back in ](*,)

minor derail =)

On topic : why is this a good thing ? makes it easier for guilds to backflag new members ? what happened to earning the flags the right way ... whether they are working on this or not, it's just a ploy to keep people here in EQ / EQ2. I think Sony is worried they may lose a large percentage of their player base with the release of some of these new MMORPG's. But then again ... everyone comes back to EQ eventually. :help
Brother Kunglao Jones
65 Transcendent of Vazaelle, (retired)

World of Warcraft
Otoahhastis, 70 Tauren Druid
Quinlan, 70 Troll Rogue
Vankman, 70 Tauren Shaman

EQ2 - Mistmoore Server
Schfifty Fyve, 32 Warden
Kunglao Jones (reborn), 24 Monk
kunglao

Highscores: 1

Postby Fnord Shoggothslayer » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:10 pm

On topic : why is this a good thing ? makes it easier for guilds to backflag new members ? what happened to earning the flags the right way .

Right on. Making flagging easier destroys the integrity of the game itself. They never should have removed the flag requirements from Tier2 zones in the first place.
Fnord Shoggothslayer

ok

Postby bill » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:21 pm

Alright guys, here's the deal:

backflag

does not equal

free EP flagging quests

Of course I don't know for sure, but the word "back" implies you've already been there.

I don't want them to open the planes, but I do want them to adjust the crazy tradition of the excrutiatingly painful backflagging (read training applicants) process.
bill

Good Thing

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:33 pm

Why is it a good thing? You tired of not being able to get into the zones you paid for? I know I am. Do I need to leave this guild which I grew up with so I can have that option? I hope not. Plenty of others chose to. I'd like to see that not have to be the case.
Goofydoofy

^^

Postby bill » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:39 pm

or help TF get there =p
bill

Next

Return to Open Chat