For those with Kids...

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

For those with Kids...

Postby fendeesha » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:59 pm

Hey all of you with small kids, way off EQ topic, but safety warning! Go to your kids room right now and remove their lamps! My one year old son managed to get his lamp off of the dresser, get the shade off and now has 2nd degree burns to 30% of his left hand from grabbing the hot light bulb. We spent three hours in the emergency room, he had to be cleaned, bandaged and get a tetnus shot. Totally sucked. Anyway, a non-eq topic, but if it saves one kid, well worth it.
The one and only (thank God!) FEN!
SIMPLY UN-FOOLED AROUND WITH!
fendeesha
Queen

Postby Serano » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:36 pm

yah, I actually got rid of all electricity and light sources in my house - and canceld my heating services lest there be an accident.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Eilsel_Seaspryte » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:00 pm

Raising Boys - 24 key points to ponder
a) For those with no children - this is totally hysterical!
b) For those who already have children past this age, this is hilarious.
c) For those who have children this age, this is not funny.
d) For those who have children nearing this age, this is a warning.
e) For those who have not yet had children, this is birth control.

The following came from an anonymous Mother in Austin, Texas...
Things I've learned from my Boy's (honest and not kidding):

1.) A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4 inches deep.

2.) If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with Roller blades, they can ignite.

3.) A 3-year old Boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.

4.) If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound Boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all Four walls of a 20x20 ft. room.

5.) You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.

6.) The glass in windows (even double-pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.

7.) When you hear the toilet flush and the words "uh oh", it's already too late.

8.) Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.

9.) A six-year old Boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36-year old Man says they can only do it in the movies.

10.) Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4-year old Boy.

11.) Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.

12.) Super glue is forever.

13.) No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.

14.) Pool filters do not like Jell-O.

15.) VCR's do not eject "PB &J" sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.

16.) Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

17.) Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.

18.) You probably DO NOT want to know what that odor is.

19.) Always look in the oven before you turn it on; plastic toys do not like ovens.

20.) The fire department in La Mesa, CA has a 5-minute response time.

21.) The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.

22.) It will, however, make cats dizzy.

23.) Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.

24.) 80% of Men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.

25.) Women will pass this on to almost all of their friends, with or without kids
Eilsel's Candy Armor
I keep death in a bottle.
Eilsel_Seaspryte

Postby fendeesha » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:06 pm

I have already experienced #19, and am waiting trepidaciously for the other 23...

:hiding:
fendeesha
Queen

Postby Sezzy » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:13 pm

Eilsel_Seaspryte wrote:8.) Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.

Woo hoo!
Sanabien
Halfling 66 Cleric of Vazaelle
My Magelo
Sezzy

Postby kunglao » Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:45 am

Eilsel_Seaspryte wrote:20.) The fire department in La Mesa, CA has a 5-minute response time.

I work in La Mesa, Ca. ... lived there for years ... thought you said a woman from Austin, TX wrote this ? probably a cali native /shrug.
Brother Kunglao Jones
65 Transcendent of Vazaelle, (retired)

World of Warcraft
Otoahhastis, 70 Tauren Druid
Quinlan, 70 Troll Rogue
Vankman, 70 Tauren Shaman

EQ2 - Mistmoore Server
Schfifty Fyve, 32 Warden
Kunglao Jones (reborn), 24 Monk
kunglao

Highscores: 1

haha

Postby bill » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:25 am

24.) 80% of Men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.

I totally visualized myself in my yard in the sand pit doing this very thing when i got home lol ><
bill

Postby Calthine Faeriesong » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:26 am

Geez Fen, I that had to be really scarey. I'm glad your boy is okay.

Drake has:

Pulled the entire coat tree over onto himself, narrowly missing bashing his own skull in.

Come running out of the kitchen brandishing two of my good, exceedingly sharp steak knives in a manner that would make any EQ dual-wielder proud.

Learned that drawers make dandy steps, except when you push them closed on your foot and fall over backwards, whereupon they try to break your ankles.

No amount of childproofing seems to help, for every plug-in cover, "childproof" (ha ha ha!) drawer latch, and door-knob cover there's something else that you never in a million years would have thought he'd get into. Those knives that were in a box in a childproofed drawer a good three feet out of his reach, for instance. We just got the safety gates back out and started locking him out of the kitchen again (the DW incident was this last weekend).

I'm still waiting for him to flush the cat, though. One of our cats might actually tollerate the attempt until it hits the water.
Calthine Faeriesong
--------------
"Vengance is counterproductive, always. Not to mention the fact it gets your soul all sticky." Lady Sally McGee
Calthine Faeriesong
Lurker

Postby Eilsel_Seaspryte » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:47 pm

I got this as a chain letter, and just copied and posted it... So the La Mesa thing is probably something someone added after.

And it makes me so happy I don't have kids......... yet.
Eilsel's Candy Armor
I keep death in a bottle.
Eilsel_Seaspryte

Postby fendeesha » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:19 pm

Oh son is ALWAYS doing something! I honestly believe he has a death wish. No one could get into that much danger on accident! He is ALL BOY no doubt about it. And safety gates, both of mine climb right over them...
fendeesha
Queen

Postby Kiranna » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:13 pm

My daughter did the same thing when she was one and a half years Fen. It sucked, she had second degree burns as well. From then on I definetly had every lamp out of reach =p

I could prolly write a page on all the stuff shes done and gotten herself into but that would take way too long =)

Luckily though shes six now and its been awhile since shes done anything worthy of having a heart attack over, Yet. Im just waiting now till she hits 12 =/

That is when the next bit of fun will start. Yay =p
Kiranna

Postby fendeesha » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:18 pm

The lamps were something I never really worried about before. I made sure the kids couldn't get to the cords, or plugs, but I never thought a thing about them trying to get the light bulb itself. But now I'll never forget it. His hand is healing but is still raw from the ruptured blisters. It still looks REALLY nasty, but he doesn't even seem to notice his "owie."
fendeesha
Queen

Postby mansha » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:47 pm

SOON AS I GET HOME=Clorox/brakefuid gas. Ya! :banana
mansha

Return to Open Chat