AA at lv 70

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

AA at lv 70

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:24 am

Question arose from an article I read:

At 65 I was getting an AA every 20 minutes. At 70 I get one every 45 minutes working twice as hard

From this Forum:

http://eqcleric.gameglow.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19865

Now, do I stay at 66 and grind out more AA till I get up to par with my Healing AA, or hit up LV grinding till 70 and push AA then, OR go 50/50 and take the slow boat to china?

As of now I have gone 90%aa to pump out a few more needed AA.
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

IMO

Postby bill » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:30 pm

50/50 and take the slow boat to china

This is what I am doing on both drannor and waystin.

Why you ask? Well, I figure I spend about 50% of my time raiding.

My aa's really are more for raiding than grouping to me for the most part. Especially with dran. Even with waystin as well, little jumps in LR and other defensives while crawling to 70 is my preferred method.

Since I bought oow, dran and waystin are both 66 and both have dinged a few aa each.

I'm happy with my slow progression. As long as I am actually moving towards my goals, I am fine with that.
bill

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:04 pm

but what about the argument that at lv 70, your camping options to grind AA are MUCH more limited.....

EP+
GoD
OoW...

No more Tier 3 XPing for DECENT AA xp. ( 1% every 3 kills sucks )
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

Zyzzerzazz

Postby deladriendil » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:07 pm

You will get more AA based on the con level of the mob (duh). So at 69 I get 3% AA in a place like Fire or Earth when it used to be 4 or 5% at 65.

Unless you can go to a place like Riftseekers (69+ zone off of Muramite Proving Grounds, as in you have to be 69 to even zone in) where all the mobs are 71-74 xping to 70 and then AAing isn't the way to go.

Everything in WoS has been db to me since 67 or 68.
Deladriendil Megilindir
The Wandering Fier'Dal
PlainsWalker of Tunare
I Used to Live Here but Now I just Visit

Bookat Kittyboo
deladriendil
Lurker

Postby Serano » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:18 pm

that is pretty much why I have kept Serano at 65/66 since the oow patch came out. I pop him up to 66 sometime during a raid and if I ever get around to AAing again - I go straight AA in exp groups. I dunno - maybe I should Grind up to 66.99 and do the same technique.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Morbier » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:38 pm

I will tell you from my own observance it's not quite that bad.

When fighting while at Lvl 65 in zones where the mobs were close to my lvl and experience set to 90 % AA I was getting 5% per mob on average.

At level 70, fighting same mobs and AA still set at 90%, I'm seeing 4%.

Now if I was fighting mobs quite abit lower at 65, and then they light blued out at lvl 70, then I could understand the difference that was quoted.
Morbier
Lurker

ok

Postby bill » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:26 pm

Look at it this way in the short term:

At 66 you can already pull better than a 65 due to cons throughout everywhere before oow.

That in and of itself is worth the loss of AAxp gain.
bill

Postby Champion Flogger » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:29 pm

I look at it from a slightly different angle. I am thinking that class has a big factor in the level vs. AA debate. Since I'm familiar with Pally's and Clerics, I'll use those two as examples.

With the Pally, I'm looking at HPS, Avoidance, and Mitigation. Now, AA's are better for improving my avaidance and mitigation at this point (LR, CA, CS, etc...), but levels are going to be better for hps since I've gotten ND3 and Phys Enhancement out of the way. So, I'm most likely going to gain a level or two with the pally while keeping AA on.

With the cleric, hps aren't as important. I'm not likely to be pulling either. So, what do I need? Mana conservation, channelling, healing gift & adept, RC3... all AA stuff. Unless clerics get really good spells at 66+, the levels aren't going to do much for me. So, with the cleric, I think it might be better to maybe get 66, and continue pounding out AA's

Nukers have it tough I bet. They need AA abilities for big crits and mana reasons. However, they need levels to lower the number of resists on their detrimental spells. My highest nuker alt is only lvl 15, so I won't pretend to know enough for a qualified opinion there.

:razz
[URL=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=297660] PRALLIC PUREEDGE
Epic Knight[/url]
Champion Flogger
Lurker

Postby Fnord Shoggothslayer » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:36 pm

Or you can look at it from this perspective - As a mage, levelling does virtually nothing for me unless I can get the appropriate spells. I plan on staying 65 until I get a spell drop than actually makes me more powerful.
Fnord Shoggothslayer

Postby Vnayin » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:16 pm

from what i hear the main reason the AA xp sucks at 70 is because in order to the ZEM you must be within 5 lvls of the mob your fighting so 67-68 is a good place to stop and take an AA break since the xp should(i wouldnt know) be similar to that of 65/66 in tier 3 and the like
Vnayin

lvls

Postby eeventinee » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:24 am

lvls>aa end of story, unless your a slacker caster who doesnt have his/her spells
"The path to geekdom for this child has already been paved in 12-sided dice and character sheets."

Long live the poor child named Firiona Vie
eeventinee

Postby Jahras » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:56 am

resist rates > all for slowers

higher lvl = less resists

and if you are worried about the AA getting too slow in bot groups lvl 66+, go to mpg =) ..... or solo bot
Jahras

Highscores: 2

Postby Serano » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:23 am

meh I guess it doesn't really matter for a peep like me that never exps
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:48 am

i hear that Serano, I get ot play twice a week, that means either raid or XP on those days...and since the raiding is so $, i wll sac the xp.

fuck, i have only xped in OoW once for 1 hours since it came out....damn it~
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

Zyzzerzazz

Postby sumven » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:55 am

70>aa's here's why. At lvl 70 for a caster at least you will get less resists and you will have new spells that will allow you to increase your dps, heal for better efficiency, etc. It will allow you to kill the mobs you were killing at 65 faster or you can kill higher level mobs for more experience. Lvl 70 also opens up some of the oow aa that could be useful, in my case a new mana regen flappy. There's my 2 cents, back to lurking again.
sumven

Next

Return to Open Chat