About me

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

About me

Postby Calthine Faeriesong » Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:38 am

Yes, I deguilded. Thank you all for your kind tells. I said I'd explain when I calmed down, so here you go.

I have a problem with a "family-style guild" that's "hardcore about not being hardcore" that is getting so focused on raiding that non-raiders are asked not to talk in /gu.

I am also unhappy that in the weeks since I stepped down as officer, no one has been able to relieve me of my officer responsibilites (ie: the website and forums). I stepped down to relax and play, and yet I'm spending half my days maintaing one or in tells about the other.

My deguilding might seem overdramatic, but please be aware that the incident Friday night was just the final straw. There's more behind this than one incident, none of which needs airing here.

Aboobaka asked me to reconsider; we had a nice conversation. I'm thinking about it, but I need a little time to cool off.
Calthine Faeriesong
--------------
"Vengance is counterproductive, always. Not to mention the fact it gets your soul all sticky." Lady Sally McGee
Calthine Faeriesong
Lurker

Postby Bilnick » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:18 am

See you around, Calthine.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Serano » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:57 am

yah.

can't wait to see ya in game and share a group with you, if the timing ever works out.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby rajuncajunboy » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:19 am

Sometimes it is good to take a break completely from EQ.
rajuncajunboy

Postby Uilea » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:30 am

Sorry it worked out this way Cal. Shoot me off a tell if you ever need a sacraficial wizzy hon
Uilea

Postby Eilsel_Seaspryte » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:33 pm

NNNNOOOOOOOoooooooo... Calthy!!! *hugs and clings to Calthine*
:cry
Eilsel's Candy Armor
I keep death in a bottle.
Eilsel_Seaspryte

Postby Calthine Faeriesong » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:21 pm

That's what Friends lists are for :) Look me up.
Calthine Faeriesong
--------------
"Vengance is counterproductive, always. Not to mention the fact it gets your soul all sticky." Lady Sally McGee
Calthine Faeriesong
Lurker

Postby Worff » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:25 pm

Cal I'm sorry things worked out like they did, I won't pretend to kow everything thats happened because I don't, but always enjoyed playing with you (only EQ Prallic I swear !!!) and I do wish you the best. Yeah I took a break once for a few months, it was too long heheh .. you probably at least need a break from the burdens, dunno but I wish it was under better circumstances. Peace~
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby Sezzy » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:26 pm

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry
Sanabien
Halfling 66 Cleric of Vazaelle
My Magelo
Sezzy

Postby fendeesha » Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:52 pm

WOW Cal, keep me on your friends list, and hopefully soon you will miss us all too much to stay away! Here's a cowbell for ya anyway! /e ding ding...
The one and only (thank God!) FEN!
SIMPLY UN-FOOLED AROUND WITH!
fendeesha
Queen

Postby deladriendil » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:39 pm

Calthine retires her Officership. But agrees to continue as webmistress, keep those pictures coming! Posted by Calthine 9.19.04

then

I am also unhappy that in the weeks since I stepped down as officer, no one has been able to relieve me of my officer responsibilites (ie: the website and forums).

Maybe I missed something not being in the Members forums or /gu but these two statements seem to completely contradict themselves.

So the obvious question is this. Who is the webmaster/forum administrator now? Also, who 'owns' the rights to Tribal Fury dot Org? I know pens handed over all of the stuff to Calthine when he left.

I am tempted to take a shot at Calthine but really, there isn't enough information for me to make too much of an arguement.

What I have heard is that there was general conversation going on in the /gu that was disrupting a raid and when the target of the raid was insight an officer asked the people in /gu and the raid to 'put your game faces on' and to buckle up for the raid (to basically calm down the /gu chat and focus). This caused the non-raiders to get upset because they felt that 'they couldn't talk in /gu'. Which from the sounds of it is completely to the contrary of what was meant by the statement of the officer. You peeps have always teetered on the fence of raiders or non-raiders and the camp of TF has always contained hardcore people from both camps. It seems rather silly for someone to deguild over the raiders asking for seriousness in the /gu when they are about to engage something like Seru or whatever the target was at the time. If people have an issue with that. Make a channel where u can continue the conversation. No harm, No foul. One can argue that a seperate channel shouldn't need to be made but that is a debate I am not getting into.

So if the above 'grapevine' information is even remotely true then I say to Calthine, Take some time off. Take Prallic with you (because if he still plays you will hear about things 2nd hand and then your time off isn't really time off at all) and get away from EQ for about a good month (or however long u feel is necessary). Obviously something has been stirring inside of you from this game or RL to cause such a drastic reaction to something that is very commonplace and trivial. People have been saying 'put your game faces on' before mob engage in TF since I can remember.

If my info is wrong then ignore my above rant. This is just my opinion of the situation from outside of the box. Sometimes outside perspective is best. Take what you will from this.
Deladriendil Megilindir
The Wandering Fier'Dal
PlainsWalker of Tunare
I Used to Live Here but Now I just Visit

Bookat Kittyboo
deladriendil
Lurker

Postby Calthine Faeriesong » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:53 pm

I hear your good intentions, Del, but you're off base. You missed this bit:
My deguilding might seem overdramatic, but please be aware that the incident Friday night was just the final straw. There's more behind this than one incident, none of which needs airing here.
The incident Friday was not the problem, it was the straw that broke the camel's back. As for everything else behind my decision, I am not going to air TF laundry in public.

I agreed, reluctantly, to keep up the website and forums until Ari got someone else to take it. There wasn't a day I din't ask about it.

As for who owns the URL and is responsible for the webhosting, that's frankly none of your business. And I'm quite sure Ari will announce the new webmaster/forum administrator in due time.
Calthine Faeriesong
--------------
Calthine Faeriesong
Lurker

/sigh

Postby mansha » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:59 pm

You will be missed Calth! And i am sorry i had handed a job for you to do recently, i had no idea you where looking to step down and relax. But ty for the great job you have done, you have ALWAYS been there to lend a helping hand, and it was always appreciated!
mansha

Postby Calthine Faeriesong » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:19 am

I can still fix that for ya hon, just tell me where to send it.
Calthine Faeriesong
--------------
Calthine Faeriesong
Lurker

Postby arielyn » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:24 am

Ssalizka is going to be taking over the website soon.

My Crappy Gear

www.worksinfaith.org
My Sister's non profit organization.
arielyn
Lurker

Next

Return to Open Chat