I hate...

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

I hate...

Postby Ceruis » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:27 am

Spammers :P
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Re: I hate...

Postby Worff » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:20 pm

grrr lol me too .. we should hang out sometime

Heh, 2 weeks ago or so I actually updated this board to latest phpBB version with captcha mods... hope it helps at least some with those damn spammers. Like we'd really buy or support a single thing they send? Dumb asses lol
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby Jimbop » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:20 pm

I guess we do still have a website after all, and with as low of traffic as we get here, it is really sad spammers even waste the time to try spamming such a low traffic site. Then again they probably don't care because once they get you in a spam list, scripts can automatically post to every one on the list. Probably would take them more time to go through their spam list to remove us than it would to just say screw it and hit post.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Postby Jimbop » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:27 pm

As a side note, I would love to be able to play again, but I hate that I not only still do not have much time to play, but I lost access to my account somehow. I can log onto my cleric account but Jimbop is currently lost. I tried once to call and get access but it did not work. The email to that account, I no longer have the ability to access since it was an old ISP address they took away when I cancelled. So unfortunately, it looks like not only is the character retired forever, but also the Earring of Living Slime is forever buried on it. lol
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Postby Ceruis » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:49 pm

That sucks, bro.

Ceruis, Tarvas
Ceruis
Officer

Postby Jimbop » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:19 pm

Ceruis wrote:That sucks, bro.

Yeah tell me about it. I have actually had the whole house to myself all day with nothing to do (girlfriend took the kid with her aunt and went shopping at the mall) and have really wanted to at least log in today and mess around a bit but can't. So I ended up playing some Minecraft instead. Lol. I just do not think I could ever get fully back into EverQuest again and not at least have access to my mage. I have tried out several different classes but always came back to it because I loved nuking and having a kickass pet too much. That and trying to gear up a new account after all this time away along with not having much time to play regardless probably just would not be that much fun anymore. I have been out of the game for just a bit too long at this point I believe. Even my last comeback did not get me up to par with the times then.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Postby Ceruis » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:25 am

Meh, getting caught up is relatively easy these days :D

Ceruis, Tarvas
Ceruis
Officer

Postby Serano » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:39 am

this might be due to the April 2011 shut down. If you didn't update your password within 60 days of 15 of May 2011 or something like that - they froze all the old accounts. a lot of peeps lost their accounts that way.

I was able to keep a dozen dead accounts I had active thru this change - a few peeps went on to reclaim their accounts from me - but - so many permanently lost access during this.

As a sad side note, I think I created / promoted at least 2 mages on the dozen accounts I still have control of to level 85. I think I did a cleric, 2 X Mages, 1 X Druid, 2 X wizards, and... an Enchanter. Something else too - but it escapes me - a Shaman maybe. So if you want to play an 85 mage...
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Jimbop » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:31 pm

Serano wrote:this might be due to the April 2011 shut down. If you didn't update your password within 60 days of 15 of May 2011 or something like that - they froze all the old accounts. a lot of peeps lost their accounts that way.

I was able to keep a dozen dead accounts I had active thru this change - a few peeps went on to reclaim their accounts from me - but - so many permanently lost access during this.

As a sad side note, I think I created / promoted at least 2 mages on the dozen accounts I still have control of to level 85. I think I did a cleric, 2 X Mages, 1 X Druid, 2 X wizards, and... an Enchanter. Something else too - but it escapes me - a Shaman maybe. So if you want to play an 85 mage...

I recovered my account so I am all good. I am trying to download the game now so hopefully sometime this week I will get to log in.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Return to Open Chat