What are you doing while Sony is off line?

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Re: What are you doing while Sony is off line?

Postby Bilnick » Thu May 19, 2011 11:38 pm

Serano wrote:how do you install the homebrew channel? Does that screw up your Wii account?

The method I used required the game Super Smash Bros Brawl and a 2gb or less SD card. Depending on which version of firmware you have on your Wii, the methods change a bit. Search Homebrew Channel on Wii on youtube, there will be tons of videos explaining how to install the homebrew channel, and providing links to the files needed on the SD card. You need Gamecube controllers to use the Homebrew Channel. I am not sure if it messes up any online accounts with Nintendo.

Once the Homebrew Channel is installed, you can browse and install the different applications right through your Wii wi-fi, rather than have to download them to an SD card through the PC. There are tons of different apps too. Emulators for just about any classic system, apps that allow DVD playback with the Wii, etc.
Bilnick
Officer

Re: What are you doing while Sony is off line?

Postby Serano » Fri May 20, 2011 7:30 pm

yah, had heard about the homeware thing before and Wii - and understand that Nintendo is being like Apple and attempting to make it so that you can only go to them for software - just read up real quick about it - looks like a users vs the parent company issue again.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channe ... l_about.3F

Seems pretty complicated - And if you dont' have anything to emulate might not even be something I could use.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Previous

Return to Open Chat