New Progression servers

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

New Progression servers

Postby Jibvalde » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:52 pm

anyone else looked at the new progression servers im going to give it a try is very old school kinda fun. if you do look up Jhibby . Half Elf Ranger , i know what a supprize.

Jibvalde
Jibvalde
Guild Leader

Re: New Progression servers

Postby Serano » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:02 pm

chatted with Kenak - he is on Fippy apparently. But nah... nothing more for me there that isn't on EQLIVE.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:43 am

Why would you go back to how it was 10 years ago? It was noting but a hassle.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Bilnick » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:12 pm

I do not get the appeal of these progression servers. EQ is way better now than it was back then.

Experience rates sucked back in 2001 when I started. It was nothing to play all night and get a yellow of exp at level 26. If you died you could forget a rez, because there were no clerics that were high enough to cast a res hunting in Unrest or Mistmoore. When you did die it took 10 minutes to run back to the zone your corpse was in, if you didn't get smoked running back gearless, and have to do it again.

Oh yay the EC tunnel!!! The EC tunnel sucked. You sat there for hours hoping someone would be selling the armor, sword, whatever you want, for a price you could afford. The bazaar was 10 times better.

It was cool the first couple of times running from Qeynos to Freeport, but after 4-5 times it just became a waste of 30+ minutes.

I did try the free EQ2 server. It is stripped down in some ways. Not all classes are available for free, and certain items and inventory slots require purchase, but I was impressed with the free portion. I haven't really played EQ1 that much since I got a new job, so I am considering cancelling my EQ1 accounts and just playing the free EQ2 server.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Meso » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:53 pm

the appeal is living the game as it was mean't to be. It took me 5 months to get to lev 63 on the previous progression server. I had a blast exploring and raiding aspects of the game that I had missed. It got ruined for me as Sony made it a race between the two servers to see who completed the content first.
These days you can level a toon 0 to 90 in under 2 weeks. There is something seriously wrong with that. You can get an AA with 2 kills. It's easy to get 30 - 60 AA in a day. That just ain't right. The current game moves way too fast, folks run out of things to do and quit.
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Goofydoofy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:58 am

If it was meant to be that way, it would still be that way. They didn't improve it because it was meant to be that way.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Meso » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:20 pm

have they "improved" it? They've made it easier. They've tried to make it more like wow. Everyone I've talked to about wow says it is too easy.
If you think improved means more like an arcade game . . .
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Jibvalde » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:04 pm

Pretty much like Meso said My 1st 2 years of EQ were on Zek i didnt come to Vazealla unitil Luclin and well Rallos Zek was not about guilding and Raiding unless you raided another guild. some times wanted to see what it would of been like had i started on a non pvp server. so you understand at level 20 my ranger has SSOM and Bals , full set of black alloy armor good earrings and rings these are items i would of never even thought of getting on zek and try camping Runneye named on zek at lvl 20 to 30 you were killed upon entering the zone by 40s and 50s if they werent killing each other. So for me progression is a taste of the game ive never know. And im having a blast.

Jibvalde
Jibvalde
Guild Leader

Postby Serano » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:29 am

newb
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Return to Open Chat