So....

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

So....

Postby Jimbop » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:20 pm

For different reasons, I had to quit my job that I worked at for 9 1/2 years. I am still going to college, which takes up a bit of time. But without working 40+ hours a week on top of college, I am finding myself with an abundance of time where I just get bored, and without a job I don't want to spend a lot at all on entertainment costs. With the current changes in the game (which I haven't kept up with at all btw), would it be remotely worth it for me to come back and play on a small part-time basis and expect to actually get to do stuff with other people or would it be one of those deals where I end up doing stuff by myself, which is the second reason behind the time factor which made me want to stop playing the last time? In other words, if I were to play, I would want to do stuff other than soloing/duoing/moloing. I probably won't have the time to be a raider because college is still my focus, and if I can manage to find another job willing to work around my schedule, that would take away from that too. Would EQ suit me or would I be better off just doing console games considering my situation?

*Edit* I just noticed how outdated my signature is. Lol.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Re: So....

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:10 pm

That would all depend on what level you are now and how much you are willing to try and get caught up solo, if required and how much people would help you out. You can be ike 20 levels under the top level and get exp, but most groups who dont know you would not want you there. If you know people who wouldn't mind, then thats fine. There are to many variables. Pay $15 plus the $40 for expansion and find out.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Ceruis » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:43 pm

Hey Jim...yeah, if you don't buy the current expansion then it would not be worth it at all. That where everyone is at right now. The progression is doable with perfect groups so people are moving up into locked zones. TF is esentially dead :(
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Postby Jimbop » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:18 pm

Goofydoofy wrote:That would all depend on what level you are now and how much you are willing to try and get caught up solo, if required and how much people would help you out. You can be ike 20 levels under the top level and get exp, but most groups who dont know you would not want you there. If you know people who wouldn't mind, then thats fine. There are to many variables. Pay $15 plus the $40 for expansion and find out.

My character is level 85, so it would be only the push for 90 that I would have to deal with. However, I didn't play much at all in the last expansion so I don't have any of that tiered gear, and that is because I didn't have any reliable group of friends to join up with. Trying to join up with random pick-up groups is just too unpredictable when it comes to getting things accomplished. I have had some amazing pick-up groups, then been in others that were just meh... Buying the new expansion would be most likely something I would do if I were to step back in, but it is this reliable group factor which would worry me because even if I do hop back in I won't be turning my cleric account back on.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Postby Ceruis » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:32 am

heh...then your good. The T1 zones are essentially T7 UF gear or T5 SoD zones. Take your pick. Not very hard at all in the Feerrott.
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Postby Goofydoofy » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:55 am

HoT is alot better then UF as far as catchign up and playing. UF was and still is overly hard, I think. HoT you can jump in and get going with little effort and the gear upgrades are nice.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby bill » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:19 am

There's always a spot for ppl in <Cult of the Shadowhog> @ Earthen Ring ;)
bill

Postby Fnord Shoggothslayer » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:23 pm

Come on back Jim...2 Mages can destroy a lot of content :)
Fnord Shoggothslayer

Return to Open Chat