Back from FanFaire

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Back from FanFaire

Postby Serano » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:35 pm

Well, I got to meet up with Fnord again, and met up with Jibvalde in real life - spent most of the days with both of them. Also - said hello to Calthine again, and bumped into Very briefly Pralic (sutures now). Rubbed elbows with EQ, EQ2, LoN, Free Realms Developers. Also got to meet "the" Allahkazam and Illia.

Jibvalde and I got completely smoked in our heat of the Best of the Best tourney - we both spent about 30 minutes loading up 2600 AAs for our characters to die in about 5-6 minutes once the game started. Truth be told - there was a gang of three that teamed against everyone else before they went after each other and I was the last to go down before it was just them three - but I never had a chance. (they changed the format to level 85 characters instead of the previous 50.

Devs are VERY resolute in not giving AOE rez - even with once daily restrictions.

Not that interested in a Key ring for illusions.

They mentioned expanding potion beltable items to clickies - but don't know what they want to do about it

Oddly enough, they seemed amiable to the Pally 96% rez - in previous years they were against, and also considered favorably maybe giving Rangers FoE which previously they were not interested in. (neither were my questions). They are looking into the LD raid / Group bug problem with the raid window. They are looking into the this person does not meet the minimum level /bug with task adding someone after a group member has LDed.

Everquest new expansion Underfoot was was unveiled:
- Focused on the realm of Brell and yes, they indicated that ONE of the zone ins to the new content would be thru the door in the hole.
- NO LEVEL INCREASE this expansion!
- This expansion is geared toward "higher" level chars - they didn't pin it down to say 80-85 or 75-85. But it appears that similar in content expectations as PoP/GoD/OoW/SoF/SoD so far as the intent for end game.
- 2 X as many weapons released this expansion as any previous expansion.
- Concept for this expansion is that there is Trouble in Brells realm as some ant people have killed / enslaved the sporali people, and Gnomes, Coldain style dwarves and Giants (/boggle) run the nuts and bolts and hold up the mountains.
- They claimed no more than one group content locked zone with a similar raid progression system as SoD.
- Also, apparently they are trying to program a flagging like system for group/solo progression instead of picking up 783 items to have a quest NPC hold ala SoD. So that a person adds their quest item to a "keyring" of sorts instead of all of these little bank space shards.
- Apparently the next upgrade for cultural armor will be coming out with the expansion.
- Similar Spell system
- Apparently unlocking the next tier of researchable spells.

Also Apparently they opened a new server that every player starts at level 51 with 50 AAs and a level appropriate set of Defiant gear. I gather this is something some players wanted. Personally I don't see the point in a new server with some servers out there struggling with their current population only to have some players lured away to this new server. Which is kinda like a progression server in there will be special loot tables or rewards for the 1st kills for content starting with Vox and Naggy. /shrug

Sony bought some company that made a game called Pax Nora or something, kinda like a Card game / chess / turn based strategy game /shrug.

They are still working on releasing their MMO Game "the Agency" kinda like a James Bond world type game and DC Universe (both look great BTW)

They talked about the new EQ2 expansion, I ignored most of it - but apparently opening up Odus to EQ2 - I was like, oh they don't have that yet? /shrug.

They also hinted at an "Everquest next " code name project - to which Fnord thinks they are saying that the future of Everquest, I interpreted it to mean they possibility of a "new" EQ project of some sort, either EQ3 or something different to combine the games, or --_ hell I dunno. They were pretty quiet about it - other than an "Everquest next" project exists.

We watched a 50 minute move about the history of the development of EQ, it wasted a lot of time with Humor that was "funny" but only about half the humor was EQ/industry humor, I mean they made Fart jokes and bad interview location jokes that just wasted some time. /shrug. Otherwise was pretty interesting to those that have played EQ and hadn't had very much of the developer history. They even included Brad McQuaid or however you spell his name in it too.

They said they had banned something over 200,000 paying accounts on top of however many free accounts for being part of plat/item farm/mule/run/sell/spam accounts. This actually loses them a ton of money as every account they ban, they then get charges reversed from the credit card companies as peeps deny the charges etc etc. But they are working on fixing Bot/Sweatshop farming and money laundering and sales. But they reminded the player base the only reason this is such a huge industry, is because the spammers, sellers, farmers, launderers, mules - the industry has customers. If none of the players bought any of this crap with RL Money, they would stop trying to sell it to peeps when they lost RL profit.

As I remember more I Will post it here, I am sure Jib and Fnord might chip in with their perspectives and notes as well.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Re: Back from FanFaire

Postby Serano » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:53 pm

Oh yah, and so - after Fanfaire, I work 3 days Mon-Wed and take a 7 day "vacation" to my in-laws in Salem Oregon. I Go to Great America in San Fran on the 10th and either come home that night or make it home on Saturday the 11th.

THEN - -- starting either the 11th - or the following day/week - will I return to my normal slacker gaming hours instead of none.
Serano
Officer

Postby sinadar » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:55 am

Good to see you back and i hope u had a great time.... wish i was there
Did they say anything about increasing bank spaces?? they are killing me with limited spaces even tho i have like 4-5 alt guild at my disposal... no drop items take up personal bank space
well i'll see ya when u log on
sinadar
Officer

Postby Fnord Shoggothslayer » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:26 pm

No bank space increase. There are some severe issues with the way banks were coded and how the information is stored on the server side. Adding more slots would be a huge coding and data migration nightmare. They are aware of the bank issues though, and thats why Tavid Dennant exists in the lobby. It sounded like there would be another NPC for this expansions items as well. The NPC holding quest items was actually originally coded for TBS but got scrapped for various reasons until SoD (which is why he originnaly took doubloons). They've also gone more towards a model of auto-updates on kills (like eq2) instead of having to hold an actual item.

One additional thing this expansion is going to have is built-in progress tracking. Rather than going out to Alla's or Rasper's to figure out what missions you need to progress, there will be a window built in that shows you.
Fnord Shoggothslayer

Postby Worff » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:59 pm

Serano wrote:Devs are VERY resolute in not giving AOE rez - even with once daily restrictions.

Bummer... was worth asking about tho... although I expected them to say no since that could have other unforeseen implications in the game. Thanks for checking on that tho $$

Serano wrote:Concept for this expansion is that there is Trouble in Brells realm as some ant people have killed / enslaved the sporali people

Haha .. I wonder if the endgame boss will be The Ant-agonist!

Serano wrote:They are still working on releasing their MMO Game "the Agency" kinda like a James Bond world type game and DC Universe (both look great BTW)

Hmm interesting... I'd definately check those out.
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby Velnarin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:04 am

Aw, I'm jealous. I sure wish I could have gone, but no such luck. I'm glad it seems you guys had a lot of fun. And yay, free expansions for ya'!

Oh, I was wondering, did they mention anything about adding any more raid augmentations next expansion? I imagine not. Prolly just group ones which is good too. But gee, it really sucks that ya' gotta go back and do age-old content like FC and AG to fill out in really good augs for the most part. I'm sure no one would cry if a couple loots on a table got replaced with moar 200hp/mana augs! :jester

Also, something else of note; I hear they're making a "32 person raid system". Events will drop the same loot as in 54 person raids but it will be considered "hard mode" and the mobs will be slightly lower powered than their original incarnations. I have no idea of the details, but it sounds interesting.
~ Velnarin D'Faer the White Wizard - Master Crossdresser, Journeyman Researcher, and Lord of Okra
Velnarin

Postby Serano » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:11 pm

I forgot to mention that - the 32 person raids (or 36) are intended to drop slightly better loot table than the 54 person instance - in order to provide a challenge to those seeking it. Should be debuting in July or August.
Serano
Officer

Postby Serano » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:46 pm

Well, back from 2nd Vacation.

Should be raiding this sat, playing some Tues-Friday next week, Missing next Saturday - going to 20 year class reunion (Orange county[Ca] somewhere)

EDIT: Crap - meeting dad to move the remaining Ton of stuff we left at our old house today - literally just before the raid. boooo.
Serano
Officer

Postby Goofydoofy » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:44 am

Hire people you slacker!

Or better yet, command them from work.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Return to Open Chat