Raids

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Raids

Postby petschke » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:58 am

I was just wondering if we could start the raids earlier. In the east coast it is 9:00 pm and we lose some people because of it. 8:00 pm would be better also. Thank you for letting me have my say. Ravenworld
petschke

Re: Raids

Postby Solarkat » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:47 am

If we could get enough players to start at 8pm est it would work out very well.Theres alot of us that would love to get a 8 pm start.
We would need to get enough feed back to see just how many are interested.
Solarkat
Officer

Postby Edwenya » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:36 am

I have heard pros and cons either way for earlier start. as for prox either time works. our numbers are down as with summer comming, I think many guilds not just ours see a drop this way. I do think though with 8 start maybe we be ready to get started earlier instead of 9 30 to 10 pm as such, just an observation thou. On a lighter note , many of us do not sleep haha, on an average starting at 11 pm est to about 4 am we do tend to have over 20 peeps on hahaha, so how about a midnight start time haha :beer:
Edwenya

Postby Serano » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:36 pm

I have long been an advocate for raids that start at least as early as 8 PM Eastern, but every time thus far - they have not organized well - and after a few weeks of testing we went back to 9 PM Eastern as a start time. Perfectly willing to give it a go. One thing however, is Jibvalde being west coast - simply can't make a 5 PM Pacific start time. And once my move is over, I still will never be able to get to a raid before 6 PM (live an hour from work, and Only one wednesday a month do I leave work before 5.

So in order to start raids at 8 PM Eastern we need an East coast raid leader, or someone that plays at 8 PM Eastern and can raid lead. Any volunteers?
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Meso » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:44 pm

if folks would actually show up and be ready to roll at start time that would help more than anything. As it has been a 9PM start time actually translates to 9:45 or 10 before we move. Seriously, I've had circumstances where I couldn't log on till 10 and find that the raid hasn't yet started.
So if saying 8 means we actually start at 9 then maybe it's a good thing. It's like setting your alarm for an hour earlier than you actually need to get up.
We're in multi time zones and personally 9 eastern is the best i can do regularly. For west coasters thats 6PM which is I imagine already pushing it for some.
Anyone on the west coast that can regularly show up at 5PM has no life, family or job.

We should be doing loots on our first kill of the evening at 9:45, not buffing and organizing groups.
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Return to Open Chat