Questions about Defensive AAs for Warriors.

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Questions about Defensive AAs for Warriors.

Postby ThinkInk » Thu May 21, 2009 6:28 pm

I've made a list of what AAs I consider "DEFENSIVE" that a Warrior should train before worrying about Damage Output. Except for the few that I consider more important (these are marked), the rest is your choice:

In order of importance:

Class
Combat Agility #1
Combat Stability #2
General Sturdiness #3
Natural Durability #4
Planar Power #5

Archetype
Armor of Wisdom
Hardy Endurance
Heightened Endurance

Archetype
Physical Enhancement #6
Planar Durability #7
Stalwart Endurance
Sturdiness #8
Hold the Line
Hastened Fortitude #10
Warlord's Bravery
Shield Block #9

If I had the choice when I joined TF these were the AAs I would have trained first.

Please feel free to add your own perspective/experience comments to this list.
ThinkInk

Re: Questions about Defensive AAs for Warriors.

Postby bill » Tue May 26, 2009 1:27 pm

There is a balance that must be struck between mitigation and aggro. A warrior that can't hold aggro won't even have mitigation play a role and a warrior that can't mitigate well won't have much use for aggro when they are dead.

I found the one that helps proc rate to be a worthy investment, mixed in with mitigation.
edit
oh yeah, that's called Weapon Affinity, whew its been a while!
bill

Postby Jimbop » Tue May 26, 2009 2:50 pm

There are several good posts on this that I read up on off from The Steel Warrior website that detail well what aa's help what. When I really started to try to level my warrior up (who is at 67 now) I first started working on weapon affinity, which really helped my aggro. Then I put in a few defensive aa's then knocked down some of the good DPS aa's to help myself level faster since it's typically only me fighting along with a merc healer. It really helped me move myself along and become a better warrior. Here is the link.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Postby ThinkInk » Tue May 26, 2009 6:49 pm

This list was actually meant to relate to Raids more than Group Tankage, and also to allow some of our newer warrior members some insight as to the what and why.

When I started in TF I was also more inclined to spend AAs on dmg, not defensive and avoidance. But as time went on I came to realise that I, as a warrior, am not required to dispense huge amounts of damage. My main job is to get and retain aggro, without taxing my healers to Oom in every encounter.
ThinkInk

Postby wuupas. » Wed May 27, 2009 11:26 am

this is for groupage, not raids but i think Call of Challenge is the best investment a warrior can ever make, will make leveling a hell of alot easier too. can't solo certain places without it
wuupas.

Return to Open Chat