patch 5/21

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

patch 5/21

Postby Meso » Thu May 21, 2009 6:33 am

Game Update Highlights:

- A new window has been implemented that appears when you log in to the game. It is designed as a portal to display information pertinent to your character and the EQ community as a whole. This screen will be updated regularly with EverQuest information.

- The Luminescent and Incandescent Culling Vortexes available from Zebuxoruk in The Void can now transform a higher-level Luminessence or Incandessence into a lower-level version with the addition of one chronobine. They retain their prior use in removing essences from armor as well.

EverQuest Official Forums | EverQuest Player Nexus | /Testcopy Information

5/20/2009
*** Highlights ***

- A new window has been implemented that appears when you log in to the game. It is designed as a portal to display information pertinent to your character and the EQ community as a whole. This screen will be updated regularly with EverQuest information.
- The Luminescent and Incandescent Culling Vortexes available from Zebuxoruk in The Void can now transform a higher-level Luminessence or Incandessence into a lower-level version with the addition of one chronobine. They retain their prior use in removing essences from armor as well.

*** Items ***

*** Tradeskills ***

- Increased the drop rate on rogue poison components. The increase is 50% overall, and the drop rate from non-rogue humanoids was increased by 100x.

*** Spells ***

- A new Berserker discipline has been implemented. It is named Overpowering Frenzy and is available with other SoD disciplines.
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Re: patch 5/21

Postby Tailover » Thu May 21, 2009 7:51 am

Any guess on the time servers are to be up?
Gimli: Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?

Tailover
Officer

Postby Meso » Thu May 21, 2009 8:00 am

No more farming seminals? This should clear out FoS, Kurns, and the library. Let's just eliminate the first 80 levels too. Start new toons at lev 80 with full raid gear.
I kinda miss orc hill and saving for my first fine steel weapon (60 plat and a long trek to kaladim)
Meso
Officer

Postby Serano » Thu May 21, 2009 8:04 am

I don't understand meso. what effect does this have?
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Meso » Thu May 21, 2009 8:23 am

There are 3 levels of essences farmed in 3 different tiers of zones to collect to get to T5 armor. As I read this you can now take the higher level essences and convert them to the lower ones if you are missing a T3 essence but have an extra T4 essence or convert a T5 essence to a T4.
The rest was sarcasm and nostalgia when you can PL a toon from 0 - 80 in a couple weeks (days?) and common trash drops are more powerful than the raid gear that Oerin retired with.
Meso
Officer

Postby bill » Thu May 21, 2009 8:49 am

That's how EQ rolls man. No other game has figured out how to deal with mudflation any better.
bill

Postby Serano » Thu May 21, 2009 7:57 pm

hmm. Seems to me like a good move.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Ayragon » Fri May 22, 2009 5:28 am

I like it....helps me out, now if I can find out where the Culling Vortex thingy is, I'd be golden.
Ayragon

Highscores: 4

Postby Worff » Mon May 25, 2009 7:49 pm

Meso wrote:There are 3 levels of essences farmed in 3 different tiers of zones to collect to get to T5 armor. As I read this you can now take the higher level essences and convert them to the lower ones if you are missing a T3 essence but have an extra T4 essence or convert a T5 essence to a T4.
The rest was sarcasm and nostalgia when you can PL a toon from 0 - 80 in a couple weeks (days?) and common trash drops are more powerful than the raid gear that Oerin retired with.

I think it's Sony's desperate attempt to build their customer base up more... plenty of folks remain or return that have played for a long time, but not near as many new customers since WoW and other MMoRPGs. It has nothing to do with whether or not existing customers approve of it or not, merely economics.
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Return to Open Chat