Old School Raids - Anguish/OMM - Sat Mar 14

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Old School Raids - Anguish/OMM - Sat Mar 14

Postby Frogstew » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:59 am

So you got the uber Rottrued's Enforcer from the latest expansion. Your DPS has gone up 100% over the past year, but the mobs HP have gone up 200%. Why bother with all the gearing up?

TO PWN YOUR ANCIENT FOES! No, not the current ones, but the ones that always gave us a beating. The ones that took a full raid (54 or 72 people) in their days. The ones we banged our head against for weeks, sometimes months. The ones that killed 5 rangers with one swipe (oh wait, that was most of them!). IT IS PAYBACK TIME!

On Saturday, March 14, 6 pm PST / 9 pm EST, we are going to take down Overlord Mata Muram http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=17190. My old guild, Fantasy Awakened, never killed him. I've always wanted to take him down. I'm sure many of us do. Let's teach that Lizard that Frogloks are king!

This will be an open raid. Invite your friends. Tell your buddies. Bring your boxes. Reactivate your account! Everyone who can get in is welcome (flagged or L68). All loot will be randomed, no limits on the # of wins, and you can roll for an alt not present (so play your main!).

We're also going to have fun. Everyone needs to bring at least 1 stack of Honey Mead http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3439 for the raid. Drink 10 before zoning in. BSTs will be tanking Kelvan. RNG Ture. CLR on part of Jelvan. BRD on Hanvar. MNK on AMV. And Frogloks only on OMM (get your butt over here Hipity!) Of course, maybe you can talk me into getting to tank the mob of your choice!

See ya then.

Frogstew
Frogstew

Re: Old School Raids - Anguish/OMM - Sat Mar 14

Postby Meso » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:05 am

:jester thats better than the time we raided anguish nekkid.

Hmmm, nekkid and drunk? :beer: :assshaking:
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Telocbea » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:19 pm

Oohh, I am liking this plan, and barring amnesia, I will be there to tank :boxing . My only concern, and this is a big one, is does my liquor have to be honey mead? My drink of choice has always been Skull Ale.
Telocbea

Postby Jimbop » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:42 pm

If someone could forage up some mint for me, I could make everyone an Interplanar Brain Blaster. That would ensure people would get drunk fast!
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Postby Serano » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:02 pm

I have a stack of Mint. What I lack is a stack of Kirin horns.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Frogstew » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:49 pm

Thanks everyone for showing up. It was a blast and we pwned the entire zone, including OMM. It was great taking him down... never done that before and we owned him!

Frogstew
Frogstew

Postby Kjetil » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:50 pm

Shit, I forgot all about it! Oh well maybe next time.
Kjetil

Postby Telocbea » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:28 am

Missed a fun night kjetil. There was much :beer: , though for the next round, I don't recommend anyone that casts to get plastered. Makes it very hard to cast when you weave back and forth every two seconds, even when trying to stand still :banana

Also, thanks Frog for hosting/leading, had a great time finally taking down OMM.
Telocbea

Postby Serano » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:39 am

Heh, I wasn't aware that there were that many peeps that hadn't been on an OMM kill.

Actually afterwords I got some tells from folks that wanted more globes. OMG>
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Return to Open Chat