Strange turn of events, Serano is becoming Guild leader Read

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Strange turn of events, Serano is becoming Guild leader Read

Postby Serano » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:40 am

Well, was a pretty strange month in February. Pretty strange quarter for TF actually.

After several months of coasting on a pretty good wave of new recruits, new targets and new pinnacles led to... a complete breakdown in the harmony of Tribal Fury. There have been for months concerns of a Schism in TF between a new group of peeps, new attitudes and a loss of our compass in Tribal Fury.

I suppose it may have started when Zyzz and Isen both knew that they would no longer be able to carry the load of leading us to our current targets, let alone, our next ones, and we brought in Aithzarx to essentially run TF for us, while we didn't make a new guild leader. In fact kept Zyzz in title only for months. This was actually fine with the majority of the old guard of TF, as TF doesn't really need active leaders to make most of our old members happy. However, some of the newer TF were confused by this, and they wanted a leader that logged on, and officers that were much more involved.

Bilnick was made the Guild leader by Zyzz, but unfortunately, while Bilnick took the reigns of TF out of Duty, it wasn't really the right time for Bilnick, because due to whatever reasons, Bilnick had lost the fever for the Cowbell at about the same time. He just didn't feel like playing EQ (happens to most of us) which unfortunately coincided with him being made guild leader. One of the great things about TF Guild Leaders, is none of us ever really wanted the job. In other guilds that doesn't work. The best type of Guild leader for an online game is essentially someone that really believes in himself, and is a huge cheerleader, and is massively active in the game and guild. TF has had varying degrees of that - but by in large our guild leaders have been caretakers, watching the herd of cats. Anyhow, this process didn't really work for some of our new leaders, and Aith stepped down, and most of our officers left the club, the guild or even the game.

Spiraling out of control, with folks really concerned about various factions that either were instigating trouble, or past their last straw, or whatever issues were up between them and whatever real factions were tearing away at the fabric of Tribal Fury, several peeps got into verbal, text and in game arguments, etc with each other. A minor exodus of some OLD members in TF led to us dropping down to 3 officers and after much soul searching, I recommended to Worff and Bilnick that on his way out Bilnick should make Cliffy the guild leader, because at the time, I figured it was the best shot we had at maintaining ourselves as a raiding force without having an even larger exodus of folks by maintaining actual activities that would have a good shot at succeeding.

With the crew of officers we brought in (BTW, I think each of the new officers will be great for TF if any of them are 1) still in TF 2) still interested in officering) we also made some rash mistakes and the officers majority vote made some unfortunate attempts to make who was left in the guild get a little of what each faction wanted. I believe it was pretty obvious the results were disastrous.

Increasing any expectations or requirements on raiding at this time was terrible, and now is about the worst time to tighten our app requirements. Also, attempting to start a system that disenfranchised any member from voting rights at this time were obviously unpopular and should have all been brought to the members first. Unfortunately the Officer team failed the guild and put out unpopular concepts without the right kind of member input.

Once the harsh reality was out there, we got our wake up call, we discussed the problems in the officer forum, and Cliffy has decided to make Me guild leader (been awhile - haven't been TFs guild leader since 03) and if I understand right, leave Tribal Fury. At this point I don't know how many left, are leaving with him or what the consequences will be.

At this time, I am removing the policy that was announced about restricting bids with DKP based on raid percentage, the plan to restrict voting based on that %, and for the time being, dropping our App requirements to a flat level 81, with, for the moment, no AA requirements.

Also, I am opening up the door to Any TFer that has left TF for any reason in the last year, immediate retagging in TF if you would like to give TF another go, with the return to 1) the TF that many of you believe you lost, 2) the friends that are still here 3) the TF that you want to return to. WIth this - regardless of any DKP that you lost when you left, your Departing DKP will be restored on any Member that left TF since August of 08. Catch - ANY officer you can online and they have my instructions to tag on sight anyone interested. ATM, that is me, Worff, Sinadar, Jibvalde, Fenina, and Brikksx. I have no idea which of them will be officers still with me at the helm and Cliffy out of the tribe.

I don't know how realistic that is, as some of you have already made commitments to other guilds, have left the game, or may not even see this post. Go ahead and share it with your fellowships, friends or other TFers that may not have firmly put your roots elsewhere.

But, if you feel like you want the TF of old, and want to give the folks still here a shot in the arm - we are here for you and have the door open. I have no idea what our raid targets will be this week, no idea which officers we will have tomorrow, and don't even know if I can come home from work tomorrow. (my boss is on command directed Leave for the rest of this week).

Also. I would personally like to offer not only guild membership but a return to officer status for any Officer that stepped down and or left TF that was an officer in the last 8 months as well. I know that Jumjam, is prolly 100% celestial navigators, and that Chadeux left the server to move on, and that Phane and Drig both apped to Celestial Navigators. But the Door is open and our guild needs all of your help. Both in shoring us back up, and bringing back some farmage in both the group and raid setting.

Brikksx, Fenina if you two are still planning on playing EQ and interested in returning/staying TF could use both of you as officers right now.

I think this addresses the majority of the issues right now, and I don't know what will happen. But the door to tomorrow is wide open. I am still interested in dying in interesting places with all of you.

Any other grievances to be fixed are welcome in this thread (yes in open) - and in members for all that have / will have access to that forum again shortly.

Oh, one other thing, I would like to invite all TFers and current former TFers to get TFchat back on autojoin. specially now. thanks guys and gals.

I don't know if any of the remaining officers or members of the guild are ready to post a raid, but if nothing happens all week, I might put together a target for Saturday so we can get a good vibe for where we are.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Re: Strange turn of events, Serano is becoming Guild leader Read

Postby Jahras » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:47 am

/salute teh serano.
He comes with my full Jahras vote of approval, which probably means very little... but still!
Jahras

Highscores: 2

Postby Serano » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:36 am

For the time being, and subject to hot debate, No ones alts are expected to leave TF if there main is not currently in TF. I don't know how long that will last, and sometime down the road - if your alt is in TF but you are not, your alt might lose the guild tag.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby urtasil » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:54 am

Wuupas wrote:/salute teh serano.
He comes with my full Jahras vote of approval, which probably means very little... but still!

Dont think it can be put much better Jahras
urtasil

Postby Ulrith » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:45 am

/pinches seranos butz cheeks with stunning force!!!
We are Borg. Your Technological and Biological thingies will be added to the Collective.

Thank you and have a nice day.
Ulrith

Postby Frogstew » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:57 am

Great post. It amazes me how far TF has come. We were 1 zone away (in MMM) from the last SoF raid zone (Crystallos), just a few months after the latest expansion was released. It's extremely rare for a non-hard-core guild to progress so far through raid content... usually it seems like 2-3 expansions after the latest is the norm.

Now everyone who left - get back in here!

Frogstew
Frogstew

Postby Sereou » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:34 am

It makes me very happy that you guys are able to recognize and repeal mistakes, though not happy this means we will likely be losing more people :sad:

I think that stepping back into what has brought TF this far is a step in the right direction. Maybe a day will come that things will be changed, and the proposed items will go into effect, but I wholeheartedly agree this was not the right time for it. If the time shall come that those changes are needed, I think it will meet alot less opposition if we are in a stable and strong position.

We can do this, we can rebuild, and we can continue forward with little more than a stuttered step, TF has done it in the past, and can do it again.

Serano, I stand behind you and the other remaining officers firmly. I'm not going anywhere, TF is my family and my home...though it may be disfunctional at times, what family would be right if it wasn't? Lol. I'll do what I can to talk to those I know well that left. Hopefully we can bring them home.
Sereou

Highscores: 1

Postby Bilnick » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:04 pm

Great recap Serano. Tony Robbins could take pointers from you!

The last 6-7 months have been humbling to say the least.

Posting on Brikksx departure thread made me realize that the most fun I have had in EQ hasn't been beating XtC, The Rathe Council, OMM, Mayong, or whatever mob you want to pick, it was hearing 25 people actually cheer in ventrillo when we beat a mob, killing my friends because I was eating Oreos, getting drunk on a 6 hour Time raid and passing out only to wake up 5 minutes after the bracer I wanted had been sold, listening to Zyzz at 3am on a work night telling the raid , "only one more mob!!" during VT plows, having people call me at home when they noticed I haven't visited the messageboards in a couple of days and having my wife hand me the phone saying its Worff, hearing about Oerin's visit to Zyzz' house, talking about who the hottest chick is or hockey with Uilea, looking at the RL pictures thread and putting a face to the toon names, calling Isenhart a Kentucky Mo Fo, chatting sports with some of you and annoying others, realizing that a former guildleader did not in fact relocate to a Caribbean island but was a 16 year old kid who was mature beyond his years, finally hearing Jumjam speak in ventrillo, I could go on for quite a while if I wanted to.

Hopefully the current and future leaders of TF learn from the mistakes I and other officers made the last few months. Publishing policy, whether it is eliminating 0 DKP bids, adding gear requirements to apps, or enacting a minimum raid percentage, without first going to the members and saying, "here is what we are thinking of doing" is bad form. Not enforcing other rules, especially language/courtesy clauses was a huge mistake. I apologize to those that I and the other officers let down.

When the guild last had a meltdown like this a few years ago, a couple of guys, Drannor and Zyzzerzazz, returned to the fold and helped reinvigorate and rebuild TF. Hopefully there is someone out there enchanting enough to return and help Serano, Worff, and whoever else remains, rebuild.

Good luck!
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Meso » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:23 pm

:hugu :hugu :hugu :hugu
We are a guild that raids . . . NOT a raiding guild. That's what I joined anyhow. The people make the guild, not the content
recap of visit to see Zyzz . . :beer: :ganga :puke :vote10 :thankyou:
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby bill » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:46 pm

"The people make the guild"

Quoted for Great Justice!
Last edited by bill on Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bill

Postby Drigarx » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:47 pm

bill wrote:"The people make the guild"

QFT

OR destroy it as we have seen lately.....
Drigarx
King cowpie

Highscores: 6

Postby Chadeaux » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:20 pm

very nice write Serano!! I think TF was special and its nice to see it working for that again.
Chadeaux

Postby Aithzar » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:33 pm

Chadeaux wrote:very nice write Serano!! I think TF was special and its nice to see it working for that again.

Thanks for the in game email Chad. It was great to hear from you!
Aithzar

Highscores: 2

Postby bill » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:40 pm

TF may be down but it isn't out.

I mean I hate the mechanics of this game but I still visit the boards because I truly enjoyed my time here. I enjoyed the people I battled with both in the game and on the boards ;)

If players want to build a guild of like minded players, it can be done. I proved that to Zyzz.
bill

Postby Chadeaux » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:50 pm

Aithzar wrote:
Chadeaux wrote:very nice write Serano!! I think TF was special and its nice to see it working for that again.

Thanks for the in game email Chad. It was great to hear from you!

reason 1
Chadeaux

Next

Return to Open Chat