Hello from RL

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Hello from RL

Postby Jimbop » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:37 pm

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've been on the website. I see TF is still kicking ass like I knew you all would be. I've been making the best of things lately. I am still in college and working through my last semester to get my associates degree done in Computer Science. I can't wait to finish it and figure out the next stage in my life. My grades slipped a bit last semester, but I am picking them back up for this semester. I have used my free time lately playing a couple other games. I mostly have played different Myspace apps and every now and then I play an online game called Perfect World. The game isn't too bad, but I still think EQ is better. What Perfect World has going for it though is that it is free to play. They make their money on optional things people can buy from an online store to use in game. None of the stuff is game-changing at least, but the stuff in there does help you out or make your character look better. I haven't opted to do any of that though, because that would destroy a "free" game to me. lol.

I have been having an itch lately to at least play EQ again. I definitely would love to at least turn it on for a month and say hi to people that still play the game, but I haven't for several reasons. One, I'm not sure how many people still are playing. I haven't been online again now in several months and haven't actively played in over a year. Two, more importantly, I got laid off from my job this past week. I can't say I could afford to drop even the little bit of money it would take to turn my account on for a month. I will surely need to put that money to other uses. Maybe something will change soon that I may hop on again. Even though I have been out of the game for a considerable amount of time, memories keep wanting to draw me back. It's hard to not let this happen after EQ was part of my life for nearly 7 years. I have many memories as a member of TF and a member of all the other guilds I was ever a part of. Even up to the last time I logged out, I still loved revisiting all the old zones I used to frequent. I know much has changed, even in those zones, but I am going to try to see if I can at least make a temporary trip through Norrath once again. Until then, good luck to everyone, and I'll try to stop into the website a little more frequently.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Re: Hello from RL

Postby Meso » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:27 pm

:wavey
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Serano » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:05 am

hey jim, good to see you are still kicking.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Worff » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:25 am

Sup Jimbop! :wavey
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby saeinya » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:00 am

:beer:
saeinya

Postby ThinkInk » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:02 pm

It was really nice seeing you online last night Jimbo!

Hope things improve to the point that you do actually make a comeback! And soon!
ThinkInk

Postby Jimbop » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:47 pm

Yeah it was nice being back in game again. I'm still trying to work on getting my computer set back up right, then I gotta get my character set up right to be able to play effectively again. I'll get there though.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Postby bill » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:28 pm

Wow hey there Jim!

I didn't even know you could get an associate's in comp sci, I wish they offered that when I went. Everywhere around here [Boston] demands a BA/BS degree program.

If I could give any advice having finished that first part and then went into the games industry and having prior software industry experience, finish the full degree if you can.
bill

Postby Jimbop » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:02 pm

I'm still planning on moving on to finish the bachelor's degree. I am in the process of determining where I wish to go to finish it all up at.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Return to Open Chat