iphone questions

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Re: iphone questions

Postby Teennin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:02 pm

Hehe driving all over bum fuck Virginia i havent had any problems.
Teennin
The Retard Patrol

Postby Hilf » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:34 pm

i have no problems in the southwest US with tmobile either
Hilf

Postby Antok » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:18 am

I have an iPhone, and have absolutely no issues with it. I actually find it way more useful than I was expecting to. The people I know with storms hate them.
A CAT IS FINE TOO!!!
Antok

Postby Hilf » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:03 am

so i decided to take a look a the Tmobile G1 and its starting to grow on me. I'd still rather have a phone without the actual keyboard, but looking at consumer reports and doing some other research, it seems the problem with the iphone and the blackberry storm still lies with the difficulty using the touchscreen keyboards. I am partial to google though on the G1. how would you all rate the iphone vs blackberry storm vs g1?
Hilf

Postby Teennin » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:58 pm

Personally I have never used an Iphone or a Storm. The Iphone i have heard from friends tho is more of a MP3 play with a phone jammed into it. And they said it shows spotty call performance and whatnot.

If you decide to get a G1 make sure you download ShopSavvy and Shazam from the Andriod Market. They are two of the best apps you can get.
Teennin
The Retard Patrol

Postby Antok » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:31 am

Personally I have never used an Iphone or a Storm. The Iphone i have heard from friends tho is more of a MP3 play with a phone jammed into it. And they said it shows spotty call performance and whatnot.

I've never had call performance issues with the iphone. I've had one maybe three months or so, and don't think I've actually even dropped a call yet.

Calling it an "mp3 player with a phone jammed into it" derogatorily is silly. It can do - literally - everything that the storm or G1 can. And in most cases, with equal-or-better performance.

I'd still rather have a phone without the actual keyboard, but looking at consumer reports and doing some other research, it seems the problem with the iphone and the blackberry storm still lies with the difficulty using the touchscreen keyboards.

Try using one. I have no problem with the onscreen keyboard -- and can type fast enough to make doing emails/notes on it perfectly plausible. I prefer it over the G1's keyboard. Some people I know are exactly the opposite, however. If you find you like it, get an iphone. If you find you hate it, get a g1. If you find yourself in apathy... get an iphone anyway.

The G1 really currently has no significant advantages over an iphone besides the physical keyboard. The iphone wins or ties in every important category. Future phones on android may beat the iphone... but the G1 doesn't, except for the physical keyboard.

re: storm --
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/27/techn ... technology
http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/19/blac ... rm-review/
A CAT IS FINE TOO!!!
Antok

Postby Magimay » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:23 am

I have had the Blackberry Storm for over a month now. I wasn't sure I was going to keep it, but now I love it. It was a huge learning curve at first though.
Magimay

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
Sigmund Freud
Magimay

Postby Serano » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:20 pm

I had a blackberry at work - changed jobs, and havn't got my new one yet. Loving not having it.

got this pretty rugged Cellphone from casio tho GzOne - pretty tough little phone. not a lot of features which is fine by me.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Previous

Return to Open Chat