Zombies? ZOMBIES?? IT"S A BOOMER!

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Zombies? ZOMBIES?? IT"S A BOOMER!

Postby Stonecrush » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:36 am

So I've been playing Left 4 Dead.. Yeah as a solo stand a lone game, it can get kinda boring. However, in my place I have set up the best damn Lan I can at this point and now setting up another screaming Desktop for lan Parties.

This game is a LAUGH OUT LOUD riot (feel like a critic) when you're playing.. I am still working on my aiming issues but it's just so damn hard when angry zombies run at you, and you've got a semi auto shot gun with 10 rounds. The creative ways of killing zombies through 4 campaigns that are team playable is just plain fun. I just hope the plan on coming out with more campaigns...

Also, playing a few Five Finger Death Punch songs, some Linkin Park (Hybrid Theory), Bullet for my Valentine, and A Perfect Circle.. This game allows me to take all my rage out on some helpless zombies rampaging around the City, countryside, sewers and so on...

For Multi play I give it 2 thumbs up. If you don't have friends to play with on this game, I may suggest back shelfing this a bit for the sake of time. On a side note, if you see/hear a witch DO NOT USE THE DAMN FLASH LIGHT... unless of course you have a propane tank next to a gas can near that bitch to burn her to cinders while pumping 10 rounds of buck shot into her.. :bomb:

I play for the PC, so sorry you Xbox kids I don't have the ability to play with you :sad: .
Stonecrush

Re: Zombies? ZOMBIES?? IT"S A BOOMER!

Postby Found » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:49 pm

I play for the PC, so sorry you Xbox kids I don't have the ability to play with you .

Get with the times slacker!
Found

Postby Serano » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:42 pm

I believe that PC gaming "IS" with the times. There are far more quality games avail on PC than on any one console platform. Now, on the launch of a new platform, a Console game may eclipse PC game releases that year, but the wealth of gaming opportunities will never be eclipsed by any one or two console platforms for that matter.

Meanwhile I bought Fallout 3 - the first other game I have bought since Doom 3. Then again I might have bought Westward! after doom 3 but that is really a TINY game (its a Old west RTS but it is ONLY scenario play, no PVP, and only has about 5 Missions, with about maybe a dozen mini scenarios built in). But that was finished in under a week of play - during a time I was offline from the internet in Georgia.

Anyway Fallout 3 is made by the Bethseda folks, and is simply great. Exactly what I am looking for in a sequel to the fallout series. Essentially it is Elderscrolls Oblivion in a post nuclear world, but with the backstory and shares the same univers with the first two fallout games. Fallout series is easilyu the best RPG strategy, adventure game I have ever played, so I really couldn't not try this one.

The trick is allocating any time to it! hah
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Bilnick » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:06 pm

PC's used to have a resolution/display advantage, but with most people having HDTVs that advantage has dissappeared (unless you own a Wii, limited to 480p).

Some games play better with a keyboard and mouse (EQ, RTS games, etc) but I much prefer a controller, large screen, and surround sound system for my gaming.

In the years I have owned a PC, I maybe have bought a dozen games, and EQ has been played 99.9% of the time (on the PC side).
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Stonecrush » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:39 pm

You play a FPS with a keyboard/trackball mouse (boo all you Laser/optical kids out there) you'll will only meet your match with another of equal set up, you will beat someone with a console controller... If the Control schemes are set up so you can set any keyboard key you want and use the mouse to both aim/shoot then you won't lose to someone pressing a joystick/cross bar, with the amount of freedom a mouse offers.

I don't do PVP, but if I were to apply a 360 controller to my desktop (which smokes a 360...) and load up any of my FPS's (Besides GoW) I will out gun you by at least 50 more enemies dead. I will also miss less, and I will aim grenades better. Sorry, just the controllers don't have a leg to stand on for anyone who has been computer FPSing for years. :help :jester

And to your note about graphics? I DOUBT the 360 can run Crysis anywhere NEAR what my computer can, I've seen 360 games and sure they look cool, but they don't compete. The PS3 is shiny but my Computer cost about 100 bucks more and I have more freedom and my picture is actually better than my HDTV since my view settings are much higher. :help
Stonecrush

Postby Hilf » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:21 pm

consoles are so much simpler nowadays, and i would bet money my 1080p tv with my xbox set to hd looks better with my particular games then they would on a computer. sometimes too much detail is detrimental to how a game looks and plays
Hilf

Postby Bilnick » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:50 pm

Sitting around your desk with three buddies kinda sucks. Much easier to do in my living room with my 360, 73" TV, and surround sound.

I suppose you could run resolutions better than 1080 x 1920 on your PC. I would guess the difference is minimal on any screen under 45" or so.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Stonecrush » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:20 am

I have a 7 foot desk! :help
Stonecrush

Postby Hilf » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:32 am

but with a 7 foot monitor?
Hilf

Postby Serano » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:20 pm

Ahh - buddies.

I wouldn't have any of those.

But I you can hook up PC to display on a TV if you wanted, I think the preferance of what monitor/TV screen you are playing with has to do with the ergonomics you have built into you house/computer/living room. Not a limitation of the platform.

I don't know, whenever I play a console, I am thinking, why isn't this just hooked up to a PC instead of a stand alone console. mebe just me. I don't hardly buy any games now days, maybe one a year if I am having free time, and I play the few games I do get to death, exploring every corner, then replaying with another personality evil / good / neutral.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Return to Open Chat