Tech Support Help plz!

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Tech Support Help plz!

Postby Thilley1 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:45 pm

I have a laptop, Toshiba dual core with a radeon1300 ( I dont know much about computers but I do know that isnt a very big number so its prolly a shitty card ) I patched EQ and after I hit play, the screen goes black and EQ just closes without any warnings or error signs. Any idea whats wrong? I have Vista also, and only 1 gig of ram.
Thilley1

Re: Tech Support Help plz!

Postby Ayragon » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:51 am

try running through the "setup" on the main panel before you hit "play"....might help, might not...
Ayragon

Highscores: 4

Postby Shannti » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:55 pm

I don't know anything about computers either, but Twinklebell's comp does this sometimes too (she is the only one I have on Vista). My bf figures it is a dual core problem. I have trouble with running double speed or half speed when in game sometimes too, and was told that is because of my dual core, so it makes sense to my wee computer brain, maybe check that out : )
Shannti

Postby Thilley1 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:00 pm

Any help would be appreciated so I can start raiding again and lead us to victory
Thilley1

Postby Hipityhipity » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:09 pm

Invest in 1 Gig more Ram as Vista sucks as an OS......

Make sure you have the most Current Video Drivers and if not Download them and install them

Also Uninstall EQ and reinstall it Long Process but may solve your problem

If you are running a Dual Core Processor You can also use the Windows Task Manager to set the Affinity for your EQ Program

In other words at the patch window Open up Task Manager Right Click on the EQ Process set Affinity to Processor 1 or 0 you will have to do that each time if you are having the fast Bug IE where you run around and Mock 10 speed in game

GL
Hipityhipity

Highscores: 4

Return to Open Chat