NDA Lifted on SoD Expansion

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Re: NDA Lifted on SoD Expansion

Postby whyllowtwyg » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:05 am

i saw one heal spell for sale in baz, almost sounded like a hot, but not? i got myself all excited over nothing then. i love how the dev/whoever said they didn't want factioning to be a grind....do these fools even play this game? i am happy other classes are getting the fixed invis though, makes my life easier with moving a group, now if they break their invis i don't have to babysit them to recast it. i so agree with the debuff issue. heck, ro is what, like lvl 50ish spell? that and corona are the last fire debuffs we got, and they were ages ago. seems for a while they were stuck on giving us cold debuffs every expansion, kind of like when they were on the snare/root spell upgrades. funny, i have more snares and roots than i do debuffs.....with the combined cold/fire nuke, a combined debuff would have only made sense. what happens to the animal you cast the whistle thing on after it wears off cliffy? is it like other pets, and turn on you? or does it just forget you ever cast on it?
whyllowtwyg

Postby cliffy » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:12 pm

whyllowtwyg wrote:what happens to the animal you cast the whistle thing on after it wears off cliffy? is it like other pets, and turn on you? or does it just forget you ever cast on it?

The animal that you cast it on isn't affected at all, so if you are amiable to it, like most animals are to druids and rangers, it will just give you a worthless swarm pet that looks like the animal you cast it on. The swarm pet doesn't go away though, or at least it didn't in the beta, when you zoned it would turn into a little brown bear though. The fact that it turns into Nature Walker's Behest when you zone, sans pet commands, gives you an idea of how useful it is.
cliffy

Postby whyllowtwyg » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:59 pm

i was looking at thedruidsgrove boards, and yeah...we're now more than worthless. phane will have a better fixed group invis than me, and an npc will outheal me. this is really pretty discouraging.
whyllowtwyg

Postby cliffy » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:17 pm

Yeah, we also brought up the fact that it takes 4 druid debuffs to get around the same amount of melee mitigation that shaman get from slow. The Dev actually posted that they don't want druids using all of the debuffs in group content and they are really only intended for raids.

Edit:

Oh yeah, since druids actually have an advantage in the realm of animals with charming and stuff, all of the animals in this expansion are tagged weak and have higher resistances so that they can be melee soloable.
cliffy

Postby Stonecrush » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:29 am

Sothran wrote:You should be afraid, I looked at the updates on Monkly Business last night, its not pretty. Wycca is still working on a detailed review from the beta, but from the released information, looks like your only disc upgrade is an added accuracy bonus to an upgraded wheel of fists. The rest of the disc stay same timer, same functions, slight upgrades, mostly useless. Echo of Deception line got an upgrade, the new one costing a whopping 1000+ end. AA upgrades are pretty standard, with a addition of a 3 tiered "spire" set of activatilbe AA's, looke like minor increases in dmg per hit, etc. Another activatable that increases chance to crit proc. Exploding palm is described as a 15k nuke that lands 2 ticks after it is activated and costs 1500 end to activate. Not sure if it has an upkeep during those 2 ticks. Looks like overall review from the monks that played beta . . . :madman: :vomit: :cry :banging:

Wonderful and I should keep playing because ??? /sigh I'll be back when the RL stuff I need to get done is done, I think. However, this is really a huge disappointment, I heard rumors of great things, this isn't worth the code it was copy/pasted with. /sigh :help
*tags Isen* You're in for the next few months I need a break! :razz
Stonecrush

Postby whyllowtwyg » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:23 am

well, i never did much with charm killing, my luck damn pet would never stay petted so i worked on my kiting skills instead. whatever, now i'm just a glorified wiz who can heal and is prettier. such is life. phane did say i'm still good for foe and porting, so he'll keep me around.
whyllowtwyg

Postby Worff » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:22 pm

If you solo a lot or box... druid's usefulness hasn't changed at all. Even in groups and raids... it's not like druids got nerfed, they just gave some stuff to other classes that could be helpful if say we're short on druids for a raid, or you can't find one for a group.
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby cliffy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:34 pm

That depends a lot on how you solo. When I go out and solo I go to LP and charm kite the animals because I can kill stuff that way about 3-5x faster than I can by kiting with DOTs and nukes. Making the animals melee soloable means that they are weak in melee things but have higher spell resistances to encourage casters to kill other stuff and allow the melee to have the weak animals. This means that landing charm and snare is going to be harder. I realize that we didn't get directly nerfed, but not giving druids any form of spell HOT and elimanting the desparity between druid and shaman direct healing is an indirect nerf the way that I look at it. Also having druids still casting 4 different debuffs to get the same effectiveness of one shaman slow is outrageous. Not only does that take substantially longer, taking heals away from tanks, but it also costs a lot of mana. Mana recovery is still something druids don't have a mechanism for other than mod rods and the same buffs that everyone else gets. Add in the fact that people can just go rent a cleric now and I don't see how the grouping scene for druids hasn't changed.
cliffy

Postby Worff » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:01 pm

Yeah the mercs might hurt a bit... even though I think those are intended for people that already box or as an alternative for when a healer or tank can't be found... they can't replace a live player (well maybe in some cases the merc AI is better LOL). I think more than just druids will be affected by the mercs.

I definately agree with ya on the HoT and debuff issue for sure, and on the mana recovery... we've been complaining about that for a while haha. On the charm kiting... snares probably wouldn't be resisted much but hmmm yeah charm would be resisted more often, even after our magic debuff. Question tho... would this change affect all animals in the game or only animals in the new expansion? Either way I see your point if you charm kite.
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby cliffy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:44 pm

So far it is just all animals in this expansion. There already some weakened mobs like the elementals in Katta Castrum and the beatles in the other TBS zones. I did just read that the cast time on the new gelid frost is going to be cut down though and there is a possiblity for an AA debuff in the future but not before the expansion goes live. There may actually be hope yet.
cliffy

Postby Velocis » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:25 am

well that's nice of them. i just read that they are actually going to remove mod caps. they've only been promising that for the past 4 years so with a little luck, bards may actually be able to serve a purpose again...i just hope too many bards haven't already gave up hope, cause i have a feeling we may be seeing some much needed changes as early as next year or the year after (wouldn't want to rush the devs or anything). just don't expect them to do anything about the worthless songs they gave us this expansion, that would be a little too much for them to handle.
Velocis

Highscores: 2

Previous

Return to Open Chat