NDA Lifted on SoD Expansion

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

NDA Lifted on SoD Expansion

Postby Aithzar » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:48 am

Created this thread to post stuff found about SoD Expansion now that the NDA has been lifted. I will update anything I find in this post or add new ones. If ya find something, post it!

Clerics:
Cleric AA's - http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22927
Cleric Spells - http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22928

Warrior:
Warrior AA's - http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/sh ... hp?t=18826

Shaman:
Shaman Info Thread - http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6264

Paladin:
Paladin AA's - http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6258
Paladin Spells - http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6255
New LoH - http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6259
Aithzar

Highscores: 2

Re: NDA Lifted on SoD Expansion

Postby Bilnick » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:05 pm

Some Paladin AA's I have read about...

DA AA, no more spell to mem? or two DA opportunities?
Snare undead AA
Revamped LoH. Think SK HT, but instead of a Dot on the mob, a HoT on the paladin.
Group IVU....yay
Quickened Radiant Cure

No increase in slay undead that I have read, but I didn't expect one.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:36 pm

Undead aren't supposed to run so why would you need a undead snare?
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Aithzar » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:37 pm

Goofydoofy wrote:Undead aren't supposed to run so why would you need a undead snare?

Kiting?
Aithzar

Postby saeinya » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:20 pm

very interesting.. ty for posting it aith.. hmm kiting undead .. interesting
saeinya

Postby Xothoz » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:22 pm

It doesn't look promising for the Shaman class yet again. We might get a good heal boost, but we get shafted with the lowest hitting summoned pet. Our DoTs also get slighted again, being second rate to Necromancers and direct damage spells will give a tickle to the mob. What's really exciting is the fact they put our spell line Stamina, Agility, and Mitigation as one buff! It's called Unity of Spirits! (Please shoot me now because the cast time is ridiculously long with no quick buff enhancement attached) Reading further on the Shaman boards, it looks like an Cleric and Shadowknight should have their pets out on raids.

Yeah! Go Team Shamans!

Aith, thanks for posting the information. At least, we know what's going to happen with the new expansion.
Xothoz

Postby Aithzar » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:53 pm

How spells will work in SoD:

I would love to have enough content in an expansion that you'd never have to see the same mission/quest more then once in a year cycle. But I'd need about 100+ designers to make that happen, it's just not feasible. There's a certain threshold for repeated content that's reasonable, and there's a point where it becomes tedious. That threshold is a little different for everyone, but generally I think we can agree that doing a mission/quest 2-3 times is pretty fun all 3 times unless it's a poor mission/quest. The goal with the faction vendors is to provide an advancement path that lets you gradually build up to a reward over time, in contrast to the lottery system of killing Rare NPCs. We feel both types of advancement have a place in EQ.

For SoD, we're aiming for the faciton gained from doing all of the missions/quests in a particular theme to get you a good portion of the way through the faction requirements and then have some repeat missions/quests/base pop killing to finish it off. We don't want it to feel like a grind.

On the subject of spells I talked to Prat about it some more just get our ducks in a row and this is the planned breakdown:

Rank 1:

Common: platinum vendors - available to all
Rare: currency vendor in Void

Rank 2:

Common: global drops, approximately 2% chance to get a spell in an outdoor zone per kill, 4% in an indoor zone
Rare: faction vendors - requires ally

Rank 3:

Common: rune hand-in to NPC - will have a way to downgrade high level runes into lower level versions
Rare: faction vendors - locked behind flags requiring quest / mission / raid etc completion

The currency vendor mentioned is a currency that is reward for all of the missions in the expansion, and the vendor will unlock more items as you complete each of the themes storylines.

-Ryan
Aithzar

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:55 pm

How does a Paladin kite a undead mob? With his 500 hp nuke?
Goofydoofy

Postby Aithzar » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:57 pm

Goofydoofy wrote:How does a Paladin kite a undead mob? With his 500 hp nuke?

Who knows, possibly there is a mob where this makes sense. Or a raid event. I imagine there is some situation they are thinking about.
Aithzar

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:08 pm

No, I think it is more in the lines of a AA they don't need.

Doesn't every class have those?

I know some undead do run, although the general rule is they aren't supposed to.
Goofydoofy

Postby Wamadoorn » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:53 pm

beastlord spells and AAs

(/scooby doo on)

huurrrrhh?

(/scooby doo off)

instant cast dots?! other than that, spells kinda meh.

TONS of AAs with lots of interesting and varied stuff hooray: swarm pet, group bestial alignment, special attacks with aggro reducers lol @ 'gorilla smash!!!'), fixed duration invis and lev omg tyty!!, SCRM...

very happy with what i see on AAs here so far... gonna be expensive though i'll bet
<this is where a cool sig image would go>

Wama's Lame Crap
Wamadoorn

Highscores: 6

Postby cliffy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:57 pm

I feel that druids got one of the biggest shafts in the game.

Again the completely ignored our request to give us a combined debuff to save a spell gem or two, or even convert one of the old debuffs like hand of Ro to an AA. For those non druids that feel like this may not be a big deal, on raids half of my spell gems are occupied by debuffs alone.
This problem was only enhanced by the new spell Promised Reknit, a weaker version of promised renewal. That gives druids 5 different types of heals, none of them HOTs. We now have our standard heal, fast heal, group heal, emergency group heal, and now the promise heal. Combine heals with debuffs and we have no room for any DPS or cures. I mention the fact that we don't have any HOTs still only because Shaman direct heals were brought to the same level as druid direct heals, we no longer have any advantage there.
Carve whistle is maybe one of the most useless spells ever given to druids. It summons a whistle with 3 charges. Click it on an animal at very close range and it gives you a swarm type pet of the animal you clicked it on. The pet doesn't go away but you have no control over it and it hits for about 30 and has about 200 HP. 15 min reuse on the clicky.
Every druid in the beta was asking for some type of mana recovery mechanic and again we were totally ignored. Our mask of the _____ line shares a slot with a lot of raid event debuffs and very often gets dispelled. It only gives about 15 mana/tick at best anyway. Some kind of Harvest was suggested, nicknamed by the beta druids as Taproot, one of the Devs posted that while it is something that druids could really use they had too much other stuff to do and they wouldn't be able to get around to it.
Many classes now have the ability to get invis that lasts forever. Druids, who were the first class to get AA invis, are still stuck with 30 mins. Although like many other classes we do get perfected levitation.
I get the feeling that cleric mercs will replace druids in groups almost completely.

OK, so there are probably a few good things.
Twincast. An AA that when you cast a nuke can proc the spell again, something like a 3% chance. The spell version is 100% chance but has a long recast and only lasts around 4 ticks.
Cast times on our nukes have been cut in half or less but the recast on them is long now. You will need to mem at least 2 nukes to be able to chain them. This is fine for mobs that aren't fire resistant, but we only have 1 cold nuke that will have this short cast time.
Thats about all I can think of off the top of my head
cliffy

Postby Stonecrush » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:23 am

I haven't seen the Monk updates yet, I'm afraid to look. :help
Stonecrush

Postby Sothran » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:41 am

You should be afraid, I looked at the updates on Monkly Business last night, its not pretty. Wycca is still working on a detailed review from the beta, but from the released information, looks like your only disc upgrade is an added accuracy bonus to an upgraded wheel of fists. The rest of the disc stay same timer, same functions, slight upgrades, mostly useless. Echo of Deception line got an upgrade, the new one costing a whopping 1000+ end. AA upgrades are pretty standard, with a addition of a 3 tiered "spire" set of activatilbe AA's, looke like minor increases in dmg per hit, etc. Another activatable that increases chance to crit proc. Exploding palm is described as a 15k nuke that lands 2 ticks after it is activated and costs 1500 end to activate. Not sure if it has an upkeep during those 2 ticks. Looks like overall review from the monks that played beta . . . :madman: :vomit: :cry :banging:
Sothran

Highscores: 3

Postby Velocis » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:54 am

http://forums.theconcerthall.net/viewto ... 0&start=20 new bard aa's. decent but not good enough to save the class this expansion imo.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spelllist.ht ... ource=Live new songs. same old copy and paste the devs have gotten so good at...i highly suggest taking a look if any bards are up for a good laugh. the good news..you won't have to spend too much time making new song sets since a lot aren't worth using.

they also felt the need to nerf our aura for some reason. and once again, because nothing has been done about the mod cap, there is still little difference between the dps boost that a high bazaar geared bard and raiding bard can provide. looks like a lot of bards are done wasting their money on the game.
Velocis

Next

Return to Open Chat